Old 01-10-2012, 05:28 PM   #1
Here to Help

Administrator Help

I would like to know if "Sabre" can be added as a Sub Forum under the General Travel Trailers & Fifth Wheel Discussions. This would help break out the Sabre discussions from the Palomino sub forum. This would really help me help customers. Please let me know.

Old 01-10-2012, 06:50 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

I can't even find Palomino on Forrest River website. When is Forrest River going to update their website to include the brands and models?

Now back to the real world. This is a public forum. Thanks for trying to help. I understand your request, but not up to me. Help us, and get the Forrest River site straightened out, so we can see what you build, and I'm sure the appropriate sub forums will be made for the brands/models you build.

2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #3

SabreSam, I hope they get you fixed up real soon.
I can see where that would be of help to you as you're trying to help Sabre owners.
I applaud you for being on this forum as an official Sabre representative. Your efforts will not go un-noticed, not just by Sabre owners but others as well.
Helping each other. That's one of the basic ideas of this forum, right?

windrider, I would like to thank you and the other moderators for your help in making this such a great forum!

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:27 PM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by windrider View Post
I can't even find Palomino on Forrest River website. When is Forrest River going to update their website to include the brands and models?

You sound like a factory rep, so excuse me while I vent a moment. You want us to split models, brands, and jump through hoops so you look good. Meanwhile your own corporate website doesn't even include the models, floor plans, and brands you are now shipping.

We run mostly on volunteers, giving time and knowledge, and just trying to help others. We are not here to make someone look good, or help them climb the corporate ladder. Also some of the folks on here have been forced to live an a camper, due to job loss, and economic times.

Now back to the real world. This is a public forum. Thanks for trying to help. I understand your request, but not up to me. Help us, and get the Forest River site straightened out, so we can see what you build, and I'm sure the appropriate sub forums will be made for the brands/models you build.

If any of the other mods read this and want to delete it, feel free. Just had to vent a moment.
All's I can say is WOW
Most other Public Forum moderators are volunteers as well - I was a Moderator on another Forum and did similar to what you have done here and spoke my mind except I did it in a Private message and got the slap down from the Admin - hopefully you dont.
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:58 PM   #5
Hob

Slap Down

Quote:
Originally Posted by sherdep View Post
All's I can say is WOW
Most other Public Forum moderators are volunteers as well - I was a Moderator on another Forum and did similar to what you have done here and spoke my mind except I did it in a Private message and got the slap down from the Admin - hopefully you dont.
If he gets a slap down over this, the Admin needs to have it advertised to the wheels at Forest River. The man spoke the truth. Have you seen anything about the Puma line on the Forest River site with the rest of the travel trailers. The Puma owners are the ones that step up and keep buying Forest River products. People have long memories.

Regards,

Hob
Old 01-10-2012, 08:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hob View Post
If he gets a slap down over this, the Admin needs to have it advertised to the wheels at Forest River. The man spoke the truth. Have you seen anything about the Puma line on the Forest River site with the rest of the travel trailers. The Puma owners are the ones that step up and keep buying Forest River products. People have long memories.

Regards,

Hob
I think you took my message out of context
This is a Free Country and he can speak his mind - I was just using an experiance I had once and posted it - no harm no foul

I get this alot when texting to so I am used to it (out of context that is)

I have noticed that alot of diffrent model names posted all over (like you have both said) and after looking I dont see them on their website either - I didnt even see Sabre on the Forest River website either
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 09:24 PM   #7
Jack of All Trades

Harsh

WOW is right! Awful harsh response to a simple request.

By-the-way, a simple search for Palomino RV will find their website (Palomino RV - Manufacturer of Quaility RVs since 1968), including Sabre and Puma, and it lists it as a Forest River Company. Seperate website just like PrimeTime's.
ScanGauge, TST 507 TPMS
RJHuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 10:48 PM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

Yes, he has a legitimate request, I agree. I was trying to get him to put his request in to The people that do Forrest River website. Why should ours be "up to date", when there own site is not?

If they are so concerned, open the wallet, submit an add, pay for some of the request.

I'll get down now, but please continue with the discussion, with the understanding of what it takes to run a forum like this. No,I don't run it, just volunteer time to over see it, with limited privileges.
2008 Yamaha V-Star 650 Classic

2008 Work and Play 18LT
LadyWindrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:23 AM   #9
H2oski

Windrider first of all I would like to thankyou for providing your time into moderating this site. I think all the people on this site are great and provide a great service to not only members but also visitors that visit this site. I'm sure overer the years this site has grown. It probably didn't start out this size. This site probably will evolve at some point and time and I think the more FR sees this as a benifit they may/maynot pick it up for some advertising dollars.

To Sabresam Thanks for your time that you spend on this site not only helping Sabre owners but also people with othe FR products like you have.
(LA) Lower Alabama
h20ski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:25 AM   #10

Think we all need to go camping !
People are being short all over the forum