Old 03-31-2013, 01:04 AM   #11
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
Curious as to what security reasons you are speaking of. From a technology perspective all browsers have their shortcomings, but from a security perspective I don't know of any higher risk using Chrome, FireFox, or Safari.

Have been an avid Chrome user for the last year or so, and would never go back.
Don't want to start a which browser is best or most secure debate here. There are enuf of those across the internet.

Glad you like Chrome and that it works well with this particular forum.

I've tried resetting some of the IE compatility view settings. One has to do with web site lists from Microsoft. May go back and turn that off again.

Took me a minute or two more to respond. You guessed it, happened again. Can't figure why it's only FRF that's doing it to me.

+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 01:10 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by rip View Post
Don't want to start a which browser is best or most secure debate here. There are enuf of those across the internet.

Glad you like Chrome and that it works well with this particular forum.

I've tried resetting some of the IE compatility view settings. One has to do with web site lists from Microsoft. May go back and turn that off again.

Took me a minute or two more to respond. You guessed it, happened again. Can't figure why it's only FRF that's doing it to me.
I agree, not looking for a debate, just want to understand if I am overlooking something. Might want to give IE 10 a shot to see if that makes a difference.

QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2013, 02:01 AM   #13
rip

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
I agree, not looking for a debate, just want to understand if I am overlooking something. Might want to give IE 10 a shot to see if that makes a difference.
You are not overlooking anything. I should have worded it as personal feelings or inclinations or a less factual sounding phrase.

There are histories of people having IE problems (sudden shift to Compatibility View) with certain sites from IE 7, 8, and 9. I didn't have that experience until recently and just with FRF.

A brief history of suspected causes include fonts, JAVA, flash, obsolete page code and the like. More than I want to try to research extensively. I think IE in general jumps into compatibility view if it encounters things it did not know how to handle or disregard. I feel other browsers may disregard the encounters and continue or just handle them properly.

IE may figure it out and figure out what to do, or its problem sites may evolve naturally past whatever was IE's view trigger. Since there aren't any members complaining in mass, it probably has something to do with a particular setting or update to my IE version.
+ 2002 Ford F-250 7.3L 4X4
rip is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 09:03 PM   #14

The site seems to work fine with Chrome but not with IE 8 or 9. See the thread at: Site very slow

Bill
Old 07-05-2013, 09:56 PM   #15

Site slow and not working well with IE 10 and really tired of the security content certificate error. Had my son reset all in my computer to proper settings (he is computer programmer) so I know it is not my problem.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 10:53 PM   #16

I have experienced some of those same problems in the past but they have usually been short term and they disappeared by themselves. I also use IE but am not good enough at this to know what version it is but it is not chrome. My current problem is that every time I just view, or log in, or change from one thread to another whether logged in or not I get a banner that reads internet is not responding due to long running script. If I click on stop script it responds immediately. One thing I have noticed is that some of the ads and things are appearing as what appears to be Chinese type writing rather than a picture and copy. I had just done a virus check but am about to do another after I send this. It will be a full scan rather than a quick scan. Maybe those Chinese (not the government) hackers are trying to weasel into the forum to find out why we are so happy about everything but Chinese tires. Old Guys
Old 07-05-2013, 11:11 PM   #17

I get a message saying too long a script, I click on "close", and it works correctly until I change the thread, then the same thing happens. The screen is blank until I continually left click on the mouse, then I get the message above.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 11:18 PM   #18

Firefox

I am on firefox web browser now and site works perfectly. I keep getting warning messages on IE as well, and now suspect IE is the problem, not the FR website.

Happy Trails, Forrest
2011 Georgetown 378TS
2011 Ford Escape V-6 4X4
fbconsults is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 01:11 AM   #19
Site Team

Like many here I'm also having the same problem and using IE too. This issue is being addressed by the forum team and hopefully things will return back to normal shortly.

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2013, 07:47 AM   #20

Android client problems.

For approx 1 month now, pictures do not show up in posts and the current tab does not refresh by itself, have to refresh manually.

Same issues on Galaxy S2, S4 and Nexus 7.

Works fine on PC with Firefox or Chrome.

* Happy Campers *
miatared is offline   Reply With Quote