Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 08-12-2011, 09:19 AM   #101
Cliff & Gail

I do hope this is not whining or complaining. We've had a 2006 Wildcat 28RK since it was new. We continue to be overwhelmed with the quality and the care we've received when we did have a few problems.

That said, I'd like to know what the stud spacing in the rig is. We need a coatrack by the front door and want to put a rack that won't damage the fine red oak panelling.

We'd also like to put in an additional shelf in the cabinet above the sink-window so we need to know where the studs are here as well. This shelf will be full length and butt into another shelf we plan to install in the double sided cabinet above drawer-side counter (does that make sense?).

A picture with the stud specs would be handy. We don't want to make this fine coach look cheap!

Cliff Golden
1219 French Ave
Odessa, TX 79761
432-413-7613
Old 08-12-2011, 10:13 AM   #102

Bclemens said:

if my fridge went out at home...I'm relying just as much on a 3rd party to fix it, and maybe have to come back for parts. They are not going to send me a brand new fridge. If anything it may be more convenient, you can move the RV...my house isn't going anywhere.

That's a good analogy. I had friends who spent $2000 for a new LG refrigerator and the freezer never reached freezing temps. The refr. side worked OK.

After several service calls and 5 weeks with no freezer, the company finally replaced it.

Bend302

Life is a journey, not a destination.
2005 Georgetown 359ts
Bill & Virginia, Kentucky
Nights camped in 2011...78 , 2012...73,
Nights camped in 2013...123, 2014 ...101
Old 08-20-2011, 10:37 AM   #103

caulking problem

I have a 06 lexington I need to caulk between cab roof and fiberglass overhang, there is a opening about 3/8 inch wide when I caulk it after several miles of flexing it opens up again. What type sealeant should I use?

Thanks in advance
Wrinkles
Old 08-20-2011, 10:59 AM   #104

Quote:
Originally Posted by cliffgolden View Post
I do hope this is not whining or complaining. We've had a 2006 Wildcat 28RK since it was new. We continue to be overwhelmed with the quality and the care we've received when we did have a few problems.

That said, I'd like to know what the stud spacing in the rig is. We need a coatrack by the front door and want to put a rack that won't damage the fine red oak panelling.

We'd also like to put in an additional shelf in the cabinet above the sink-window so we need to know where the studs are here as well. This shelf will be full length and butt into another shelf we plan to install in the double sided cabinet above drawer-side counter (does that make sense?).

A picture with the stud specs would be handy. We don't want to make this fine coach look cheap!

Cliff Golden
1219 French Ave
Odessa, TX 79761
432-413-7613
i used a stud finder to find mine. it worked well. used it to find them when i hung a replacement over the range conv/microwave. also used to find floor supports in the upper part of the 5th wheel.
even with knowing the spacing and location, u will still need to find the exact location.
Old 09-04-2011, 04:36 PM   #105

We have a 2005 Cardinal 36 LX which we have owned for about 1 year. Two problems have recently occured. So they may or may not be related. When I turn on the 12 volt intereor lightes. The fuse for those lights blows. That fuse is also for the three exterior lights. The other problem is that the switch on the panel inside the trailer that operates the slides for the bedroom and dining room will not work. However, I can operate the slides from the switch on the motor inside thee front storage compartment.

I would appreciate any pointers.

Dave
Old 09-06-2011, 11:57 AM   #106
MovinSue

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post
I have a 06 lexington I need to caulk between cab roof and fiberglass overhang, there is a opening about 3/8 inch wide when I caulk it after several miles of flexing it opens up again. What type sealeant should I use?

Thanks in advance
Wrinkles
Oh My that is a serious opening. Has it been thoroughly inspected to make sure all screws are "present and accounted for?"

What I might do is use a large width (or maybe several) of EternaBond to seal that opening. However, I would be concerned that the connection between those two points is moving and, depending on your circumstances, would look at that, in addition to any more caulk or EternaBond.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
Old 09-06-2011, 12:24 PM   #107
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by wrinkles View Post

Thanks in advance
Wrinkles
I have to add to Movin Sue. This is NOT normal. Photos would be helpful. If this is in an area impacted by relative wind while driving, this will only get much worse as the wind pressure lifts the fiberglass overhang.
Old 09-06-2011, 12:39 PM   #108

slideout manual operation

Question:

on my 2006 Salem LE 29BHSS how would I extend or retract the Slide if the motor was to ever fail? I see underneath the TT there may be a place on the motor shaft to hook up a drill to turn the shaft.

But I am wondering if there is a crank handle that I am missing that was not included from the previous owner? Does anyone have any info on a crank handle attachment? A friend with a non FR TT has a crank handle that was supplied from the factory for this purpose.

Thanks,
Old 09-06-2011, 02:21 PM   #109
Site Team

it seems to me people are posting here, thinking it's actually a "Factory Forum".
meaning that it is answered by factory personnel, rather than the members of the forum.
i think the thread title may be misleading posters that they'll get an answer from an actual factory rep/tech.

does it seem that way to anyone else?
Old 09-06-2011, 02:23 PM   #110

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post
it seems to me people are posting here, thinking it's actually a "Factory Forum".
meaning that it is answered by factory personnel, rather than the members of the forum.
i think the thread title may be misleading posters that they'll get an answer from an actual factory rep/tech.

I got the same impression.
2019 FR Vibe 28RL
Old 09-06-2011, 02:50 PM   #111

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danielflading View Post
Question:

on my 2006 Salem LE 29BHSS how would I extend or retract the Slide if the motor was to ever fail? I see underneath the TT there may be a place on the motor shaft to hook up a drill to turn the shaft.

But I am wondering if there is a crank handle that I am missing that was not included from the previous owner? Does anyone have any info on a crank handle attachment? A friend with a non FR TT has a crank handle that was supplied from the factory for this purpose.

Thanks,
I was just hoping someone would have an anwser to my question either a forum member or other.

I guess I should start a new thread..
Old 09-06-2011, 02:55 PM   #112
Site Team - Lou

This thread has become so clogged with posts not related to the OP's intent that I am not sure what to fix, what to keep, and what to dump.

Like a surgeon opening up a cancer patient too far gone for surgery; I just close it up and move on.

I am willing to take suggestions from other moderators on how to fix this.
I can just wade in there with an axe, but someones gonna be upset.
Old 09-06-2011, 02:56 PM   #113
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by bikendan View Post

It seems to have morphed into that. The Original Post (11 pages ago) was just suggesting that factory reps be invited aboard. Then we had a good discussion of the pros and cons. Now I think its become a self-fulfilling prophecy (but without the reps)

I'm not a moderator, but I might suggest locking the thread because its served its original purpose.

2012 Shamrock 233S
2008 Toyota Sequoia 5.7L 4WD
Old 09-06-2011, 02:57 PM   #114
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Triguy View Post
It seems to have morphed into that. The Original Post (11 pages ago) was just suggesting that factory reps be invited aboard. Then we had a good discussion of the pros and cons. Now I think its become a self-fulfilling prophecy (but without the reps)
Nail on the head there!
Old 09-06-2011, 03:23 PM   #115

And I guess we also found out that FR is not willing to contribute .....

So a lock would be in order ....
Old 09-06-2011, 05:52 PM   #116
Site Team

OK - this thread has served it's purpose and is being closed. Folks... we have lots of great factory reps who do post here and their input is valuable. We also have lots of very knowledgeable members who are also extremely helpful and this is the amazing thing about a forum - members helping members. Thanks for all the good input on this topic and for making the forum such a friendly place.
Closed Thread