Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2011, 06:08 PM   #61
MovinSue

Such a vehicle to ask questions and post answers would be to everyone's benefit. Insofar as past abusive treatment, I don't think that it is appropriate to discard a GREAT idea because of the past rudeness of a few individuals.

Perhaps such a Board could be more closely monitored for classless persons who post pottymouth. They would surely be violating the TOS and should be TOSSED off the Forum! We all hate delayed posts (and I'm certain the Admins don't relish monitoring) but perhaps in this case that is a better solution. Perhaps the Admins could recruit a volunteer monitor for just this purpose.

Being a new owner, I have already received serveral "factory answers" to questions that I did not find in the documentation or this or other forums.

If there was a Board devoted to manufacturer's questions/answers organized by functional system or some other way, it could avoid duplication of time at the factory answering the same ole thing over and over again. And WE would all benefit from the knowledge that Forest River cared to support our concerns and have greater enjoyment of the product.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:34 PM   #62
Site Team - Lou

Sue,

Our moderators would police the threads with the same vigilance we do all other threads. We would be happy to do so for a "Rep" area.

However, the real issue that, (at least I think), we have no real answer to is the liability issue. We are all non paid "Ether Experts" and have zero liability if we give you advice that turns out completely bogus. I have said it before "Caveat Lector" or "reader beware."

So if I told you to do something that was bogus, hopefully someone else would jump in and correct me. BUT if in the mean time you did it and damaged your rig, well, you "might" get an "I am sorry" but maybe not.

If it was a "out'ed" factory rep, and he stated something based on your post and your post was wrong or misleading; you then damaged your rig; you would scream bloody murder and blame the factory.

I am not sure how to fix that.
Old 05-13-2011, 08:56 PM   #63

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sue,

Our moderators would police the threads with the same vigilance we do all other threads. We would be happy to do so for a "Rep" area.

However, the real issue that, (at least I think), we have no real answer to is the liability issue. We are all non paid "Ether Experts" and have zero liability if we give you advice that turns out completely bogus. I have said it before "Caveat Lector" or "reader beware."

So if I told you to do something that was bogus, hopefully someone else would jump in and correct me. BUT if in the mean time you did it and damaged your rig, well, you "might" get an "I am sorry" but maybe not.

If it was a "out'ed" factory rep, and he stated something based on your post and your post was wrong or misleading; you then damaged your rig; you would scream bloody murder and blame the factory.

I am not sure how to fix that.
Well said Lou
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
Old 05-13-2011, 09:01 PM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I am a factory rep for the Class C division. I try and make a habit of monitoring the forum, but with shows, dealer visits, etc it can be sporadic. Emails are directed to me off of the Sunseeker Facebook page, I would be OK with making my profile easier to search...maybe the admins can give me some direction on what they would like to see.

I cover the Northwest for Sunseeker, Forester, Lexington, Solera and Ridegview
So, who do i get ahold of for northwest area Sandpiper ?? Looking for Parts and cant find at dealers or Camping world ...

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305

Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Old 05-14-2011, 01:34 PM   #65
MovinSue

Yes, I understand that there is liability in doing Anything these days. However, it is not sufficient reason to do Nothing, in my opinion.

There is certainly a grassroots hunger for information which is more focused that what is in the documentation. Indeed, there is MUCH that is not in the documentation.

I grew up with the certainty that one can achieve almost anything if there is a "WILL" to do it. If that "will" exists, I believe that a joint effort between the Forum and FR can find a way to minimize liability concerns. At the very least, the subforum could require a signed Waiver of Liability. And, ultimately, FR is the one in the driver's seat which determines which questions are too dicey from a liability standpoint.

In my experience, online manufacturer technical support is offered with hundreds of products and can also be done with FR within their corporate comfort level.
Old 05-14-2011, 01:44 PM   #66
MovinSue

Yes, I understand that there is liability in doing Anything these days. However, it is not sufficient reason to do Nothing, in my opinion.

There is certainly a grassroots hunger for information which is more focused that what is in the documentation. Indeed, there is MUCH that is not in the documentation.

I grew up with the certainty that one can achieve almost anything if there is a "WILL" to do it. If that "will" exists, I believe that a joint effort between the Forum and FR can find a way to minimize liability concerns. At the very least, the subforum could require a signed Waiver of Liability. And, ultimately, FR is the one in the driver's seat which determines which questions are too dicey from a liability standpoint.

In my experience, online manufacturer technical support is offered with hundreds of products and can also be done with FR within their corporate comfort level.
Old 05-14-2011, 02:25 PM   #67

Just a note, when you are bouncing a trailer down the road that contains appliances, TV's, furniture, cabinets and electronics you are bound to have some issues at one point in time. I have has my share of troubles with my 2011 2902SS Rockwood, but working with Forest River I have resolved most issues. Anything else I change or upgrade is because I want to. My only big issue I have is the use of cheap chinese tires, I have had these tires just disintegrate on me and I have seen it on other trailers.
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
Old 05-14-2011, 04:57 PM   #68

Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
Just a note, when you are bouncing a trailer down the road that contains appliances, TV's, furniture, cabinets and electronics you are bound to have some issues at one point in time. I have has my share of troubles with my 2011 2902SS Rockwood, but working with Forest River I have resolved most issues. Anything else I change or upgrade is because I want to. My only big issue I have is the use of cheap chinese tires, I have had these tires just disintegrate on me and I have seen it on other trailers.
So what tires did you install?
Old 05-15-2011, 03:33 PM   #69
MovinSue

Whoops! Looks like this one strayed off-topic. Perhaps discussion of tires would be of greater benefit to other owners who have had issues with "Chinese tires" in the specific product section or some other area.
Old 05-16-2011, 04:07 PM   #70
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinSue View Post
Whoops! Looks like this one strayed off-topic. Perhaps discussion of tires would be of greater benefit to other owners who have had issues with "Chinese tires" in the specific product section or some other area.
I agree. Iggy and Yvesm, please take this discussion in PM. I will edit Yvesm's and delete Iggy and Movin's followup if no one minds.
Old 08-02-2011, 04:19 AM   #71
JAYCO Representative

Good discussion here. I like the thoughtful posts I'm reading and appreciate this forum for what it provides to Forest River customers. I'm a factory representative for the Wildcat brand and know that Forest River reps absolutely read what's posted here -- good feedback/ideas as well as criticism (constructive criticism is both helpful and informative to our manufacturing process).

Looking forward to the ongoing discussion...
Old 08-02-2011, 08:15 PM   #72
Moderator Emeritus

If FR had a page on the owner's manuals about how to resolve issues (similiar to the automotive mfrs) folks wouldn't have to contact factory reps thru 3rd party websites.

I had a problem w/ the AM/FM antenna co axial cable (during the warranty period) & basically solved & fixed the issue myself. The dealer actually prolonged the resolution & wasn't "eager" to resolve the problem. It was after I paid for the repairs I used a contact number for FR from the forum, that I contacted the factory for reimbursement. The payment was quite prompt.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 08-02-2011, 08:18 PM   #73
Moderator Emeritus

BTW, this question is for the factory reps. Are you aware of FR surveying customers after the sale is made? I don't think anyone on FRF has ever been contacted asking them what they thought of their selling/servicing dealer or the RV that they purchased. I think that would goes miles in improving the quality of the trailers.

https://inlinethumb45.webshots.com/3...600x600Q85.jpg
Old 08-02-2011, 10:01 PM   #74
MovinSue

I was surprised to learn from a factory rep's post that "Forest River reps absolutely read what's posted here". MY factory rep, to whom I directed two specific emails discussing my need for warranty service in on my motorhome while 3000 miles from my selling dealer for 4 months, failed to reply to my concerns so perhaps he will read this Forum and learn of my extreme disappointment in FR factory customer service. These "needs" were not for fixing a crooked cabinet door or some trivial thing; I had a NON-Operating microwave oven (an eating issue) and a defective backup camera (safety issue). If FR sends out a survey, they are not likely to be pleased with my feedback.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
Old 08-03-2011, 09:57 AM   #75
Commercial Member

Some reps "absolutely do" read the forums. But as with "owners" not every sales rep is computer literate. What email address did you use? I am the Northwest rep for Lexington, I know that I did not receive any request. Give me his email address, and if he still actually works here I'd be happy to walk over to his desk and smack him on the side of the head.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinSue View Post
I was surprised to learn from a factory rep's post that "Forest River reps absolutely read what's posted here". MY factory rep, to whom I directed two specific emails discussing my need for warranty service in on my motorhome while 3000 miles from my selling dealer for 4 months, failed to reply to my concerns so perhaps he will read this Forum and learn of my extreme disappointment in FR factory customer service. These "needs" were not for fixing a crooked cabinet door or some trivial thing; I had a NON-Operating microwave oven (an eating issue) and a defective backup camera (safety issue). If FR sends out a survey, they are not likely to be pleased with my feedback.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 08-03-2011, 10:30 AM   #76
Commercial Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by revrnd View Post
BTW, this question is for the factory reps. Are you aware of FR surveying customers after the sale is made? I don't think anyone on FRF has ever been contacted asking them what they thought of their selling/servicing dealer or the RV that they purchased. I think that would goes miles in improving the quality of the trailers.

I know we see "dealer" survey's. I'm not 100% sure if we do retail level surveys. I'll certainly pose the question though. We just recently started asking for email addresses though.

Subscribe for "How To" videos and updates https://www.youtube.com/c/DynamaxRVs/

Sales-Service-Parts https://dynamaxcorp.com/contact-us
Old 08-03-2011, 11:44 AM   #77
Here to Help

I can honestly tell you that I've surfed this forum for some time and tried to help customers. I've been reluctant to identify myself as a factory rep due to a bad experience. I once tried to help a customer only to have that person post a very nasty view of me. We resolved that person's issues and he still leaves the negative post for everyone to see and has not updated the story. I have found that some issues are better discussed on the phone than over email. I will continue to help people when I can. "Reps are people too".
Old 08-03-2011, 05:07 PM   #78

Quote:
Originally Posted by SabreSam View Post
I can honestly tell you that I've surfed this forum for some time and tried to help customers. I've been reluctant to identify myself as a factory rep due to a bad experience. I once tried to help a customer only to have that person post a very nasty view of me. We resolved that person's issues and he still leaves the negative post for everyone to see and has not updated the story. I have found that some issues are better discussed on the phone than over email. I will continue to help people when I can. "Reps are people too".
I definitely understand what you are saying. I would hope that most on the forum would realize that the Reps are here to help. I to have tried to help someone, only for me to get a response that was pretty poor. I am just another camper here to help. You as a rep can even be a bigger help if the customer approaches fairly. I often see people post negative comments and when I look at the number of times they have posted, it is often in the single digits. They have come here to vent, which is ok, but if a question is asked of a rep, it should be done in a civil manner. Once the rep responds, the OP needs to respect that answer. Can you please all the people all the time? Heck no. Some people are just born to complain, some have just come to whits end, some are frustrated, some are happy. Please don't give up. Most of us read through the negativity and move on, I know I do. I hear people's pain on those major problems that are difficult to fix. Heck I wouldn't want to send my TT back to the factory for work! Please hang around and help, if someone comes back in a poor manner, click the explanation mark and report the post. Hopefully a moderator will review it and remove it if it is offensive. Glad to have you posting!
Old 08-03-2011, 05:33 PM   #79

Well said Kirk ! Some people just want to complain and not hear anything which might actually help them ....

I wish Surveyor's corporate stealth reader would come out of hiding I have been told that they do indeed monitor this forum Not all of us have a negative attitude for sure
Old 08-03-2011, 05:36 PM   #80
MovinSue

SabreSam; I get that. It is not right to characterize everyone with the poor performance of a single person nor is it right to "beat up" on reps who try to help but for whatever reason comes up short in the customer's eyes. I have privately messaged bclemens as he said he would whack my Factory Rep upside the head. There is no need to personalize issues--if a rep is not competent, it will eventually be revealed to management and/or the customer can always escalate the matter. I am glad that you have not been so burned as to not want to help anyone anymore. The damage to the company name, however, cannot be quantified.

2013 Lacrosse 323RST TT
Towing Cassie the Dog, a privileged Bichon frise

Winters in FL--Summers in Northern CA
Closed Thread