Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-13-2011, 07:08 PM   #61
MovinSue
 
MovinSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
Such a vehicle to ask questions and post answers would be to everyone's benefit. Insofar as past abusive treatment, I don't think that it is appropriate to discard a GREAT idea because of the past rudeness of a few individuals.

Perhaps such a Board could be more closely monitored for classless persons who post pottymouth. They would surely be violating the TOS and should be TOSSED off the Forum! We all hate delayed posts (and I'm certain the Admins don't relish monitoring) but perhaps in this case that is a better solution. Perhaps the Admins could recruit a volunteer monitor for just this purpose.

Being a new owner, I have already received serveral "factory answers" to questions that I did not find in the documentation or this or other forums.

If there was a Board devoted to manufacturer's questions/answers organized by functional system or some other way, it could avoid duplication of time at the factory answering the same ole thing over and over again. And WE would all benefit from the knowledge that Forest River cared to support our concerns and have greater enjoyment of the product.
__________________

__________________
MovinSue is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 09:34 PM   #62
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,165
Sue,

Our moderators would police the threads with the same vigilance we do all other threads. We would be happy to do so for a "Rep" area.

However, the real issue that, (at least I think), we have no real answer to is the liability issue. We are all non paid "Ether Experts" and have zero liability if we give you advice that turns out completely bogus. I have said it before "Caveat Lector" or "reader beware."

So if I told you to do something that was bogus, hopefully someone else would jump in and correct me. BUT if in the mean time you did it and damaged your rig, well, you "might" get an "I am sorry" but maybe not.

If it was a "out'ed" factory rep, and he stated something based on your post and your post was wrong or misleading; you then damaged your rig; you would scream bloody murder and blame the factory.

I am not sure how to fix that.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now  
Old 05-13-2011, 09:56 PM   #63
Senior Member
 
sherdep's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Saint Cloud FL
Posts: 1,565
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Sue,

Our moderators would police the threads with the same vigilance we do all other threads. We would be happy to do so for a "Rep" area.

However, the real issue that, (at least I think), we have no real answer to is the liability issue. We are all non paid "Ether Experts" and have zero liability if we give you advice that turns out completely bogus. I have said it before "Caveat Lector" or "reader beware."

So if I told you to do something that was bogus, hopefully someone else would jump in and correct me. BUT if in the mean time you did it and damaged your rig, well, you "might" get an "I am sorry" but maybe not.

If it was a "out'ed" factory rep, and he stated something based on your post and your post was wrong or misleading; you then damaged your rig; you would scream bloody murder and blame the factory.

I am not sure how to fix that.
Well said Lou
__________________
2011 Rockwood Mini Lite 2306 - Matt
2004 Dodge Ram 1500 Qaud Cab 4x4 with 35" tires and 3.92 gears, Dynatech Longtube Headers & Fabtech 6" lift + Superchips with shift Tuning
Nights Camped 2011 (37) - 2012 (16)-2013 (2) -2014 (5) -2015(0)
USMC 91 - 95 - F/A-18 Aviation Ordnance
sherdep is offline  
Old 05-13-2011, 10:01 PM   #64
Senior Member
 
Hatchet58's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tacoma Wa
Posts: 182
Quote:
Originally Posted by bclemens View Post
I am a factory rep for the Class C division. I try and make a habit of monitoring the forum, but with shows, dealer visits, etc it can be sporadic. Emails are directed to me off of the Sunseeker Facebook page, I would be OK with making my profile easier to search...maybe the admins can give me some direction on what they would like to see.

I cover the Northwest for Sunseeker, Forester, Lexington, Solera and Ridegview
So, who do i get ahold of for northwest area Sandpiper ?? Looking for Parts and cant find at dealers or Camping world ...
__________________

Hatchet
Chevy 2500HD Diesel
07 SandPiper F305


Days camped 2011 "3" so far,
Hatchet58 is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 02:34 PM   #65
MovinSue
 
MovinSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
Yes, I understand that there is liability in doing Anything these days. However, it is not sufficient reason to do Nothing, in my opinion.

There is certainly a grassroots hunger for information which is more focused that what is in the documentation. Indeed, there is MUCH that is not in the documentation.

I grew up with the certainty that one can achieve almost anything if there is a "WILL" to do it. If that "will" exists, I believe that a joint effort between the Forum and FR can find a way to minimize liability concerns. At the very least, the subforum could require a signed Waiver of Liability. And, ultimately, FR is the one in the driver's seat which determines which questions are too dicey from a liability standpoint.

In my experience, online manufacturer technical support is offered with hundreds of products and can also be done with FR within their corporate comfort level.
__________________
MovinSue is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 02:44 PM   #66
MovinSue
 
MovinSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
Yes, I understand that there is liability in doing Anything these days. However, it is not sufficient reason to do Nothing, in my opinion.

There is certainly a grassroots hunger for information which is more focused that what is in the documentation. Indeed, there is MUCH that is not in the documentation.

I grew up with the certainty that one can achieve almost anything if there is a "WILL" to do it. If that "will" exists, I believe that a joint effort between the Forum and FR can find a way to minimize liability concerns. At the very least, the subforum could require a signed Waiver of Liability. And, ultimately, FR is the one in the driver's seat which determines which questions are too dicey from a liability standpoint.

In my experience, online manufacturer technical support is offered with hundreds of products and can also be done with FR within their corporate comfort level.
__________________
MovinSue is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 03:25 PM   #67
Senior Member
 
yvesm's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Pembroke, NH
Posts: 558
Just a note, when you are bouncing a trailer down the road that contains appliances, TV's, furniture, cabinets and electronics you are bound to have some issues at one point in time. I have has my share of troubles with my 2011 2902SS Rockwood, but working with Forest River I have resolved most issues. Anything else I change or upgrade is because I want to. My only big issue I have is the use of cheap chinese tires, I have had these tires just disintegrate on me and I have seen it on other trailers.
__________________
2013 Prime Time 230 FBS
Days camped in 2013: April to November
Days camped in 2014...about 40
Days camped in 2015...more than 2014!!
yvesm is offline  
Old 05-14-2011, 05:57 PM   #68
Senior Member
 
Iggy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Desert SW - Arizona
Posts: 6,359
Quote:
Originally Posted by yvesm View Post
Just a note, when you are bouncing a trailer down the road that contains appliances, TV's, furniture, cabinets and electronics you are bound to have some issues at one point in time. I have has my share of troubles with my 2011 2902SS Rockwood, but working with Forest River I have resolved most issues. Anything else I change or upgrade is because I want to. My only big issue I have is the use of cheap chinese tires, I have had these tires just disintegrate on me and I have seen it on other trailers.
So what tires did you install?
__________________
2012 Georgetown XL - 378TS 60,000 miles
Life is a journey, not a destination !

Iggy is offline  
Old 05-15-2011, 04:33 PM   #69
MovinSue
 
MovinSue's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 47
Whoops! Looks like this one strayed off-topic. Perhaps discussion of tires would be of greater benefit to other owners who have had issues with "Chinese tires" in the specific product section or some other area.
__________________
MovinSue is offline  
Old 05-16-2011, 05:07 PM   #70
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,165
Quote:
Originally Posted by MovinSue View Post
Whoops! Looks like this one strayed off-topic. Perhaps discussion of tires would be of greater benefit to other owners who have had issues with "Chinese tires" in the specific product section or some other area.
I agree. Iggy and Yvesm, please take this discussion in PM. I will edit Yvesm's and delete Iggy and Movin's followup if no one minds.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is online now  
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 04:11 PM.