Old 03-05-2014, 12:26 AM   #11

Works for me would make it great when your traveling to be able to have ratings on camp grounds. We have been rating the ones we go to for years even to the point that we rate individual sites at the campground. All our local state parks and Koa's are in a book with how they rated on a scale of 1 to 10. We rate sites using the parks map and different colored markers. It makes it easy to get a good site and keeps you from getting that one that you need a lot of wood to get the trailer level. Any way would be glad to give some input.

Old 03-05-2014, 01:43 AM   #12
chicagoslick

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
You're not wrong- we do have the travel forum that would be useful for this. It's already setup in a geographical location way. The only thing it's really missing is the thread prefix ("Positive", "Negative", "Neutral").

That said- there is already rvparkreviews.com which is being brought under the Social Knowledge (the folks who run this site) umbrella. Maybe there is some cross-linking possibilities.
Thanks for providing the link to the reviews site. I spent some time reviewing potential weekend camping spots....

Gary, Tonia, Baile, Summer and Otis our Boston T.
Flagstaff 27RLWS Emerald Pkg
2015 Ford F150 King Ranch FX4 Max Tow 3.5EB, 3.55
Equalizer 4 WDH, 1,200 / 12,000Lbs
chicagoslick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:01 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by chicagoslick View Post
Thanks for providing the link to the reviews site. I spent some time reviewing potential weekend camping spots....

We use that site as well, however it would be nice to be able to see how the owners / management resolved a situation should it arise.
Thing is some reviews are scewed....meaning some folks are just darn right 'picky' about things, while others are happy to have a level spot.

I am with you Turbs......do it!

'Pa Pa's Palace'

2014 Sportscoach Crosscountry 405FK
2015 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland
CSMRetired is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 07:42 AM   #14
Somewhat right of center

Quote:
Originally Posted by CSMRetired View Post
We use that site as well, however it would be nice to be able to see how the owners / management resolved a situation should it arise.
Thing is some reviews are skewed....meaning some folks are just darn right 'picky' about things, while others are happy to have a level spot.

I am with you Turbs......do it!
Same here, we use it and have left a few reviews ourselves. I have to agree with you about reviews being skewed. Some I've read it's obvious the reviewer is a pain in the *****.

Old 03-05-2014, 08:00 AM   #15

A campground review on THIS site would be so much better. You get to know a lot of people here asking questions and such. Reading reviews from other FRF members makes the review they give so much more credible.
A full blown RV campground review section would be awesome...

JoeMazz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2014, 08:24 AM   #16

Amen. Great Ideal. How do we get this moving forward? Does Forest River have to set it up?
Old 03-05-2014, 08:26 AM   #17
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by whitmw View Post
Amen. Great Ideal. How do we get this moving forward? Does Forest River have to set it up?

I'll raise it up to the Site Team.

btw, the forum isn't actually affiliated with Forest River. We're wholly unrelated- just a fan forum, basically.
Old 03-05-2014, 08:53 AM   #18

This is a great idea! I have pretty good notes on the places we have been, could probably come up with reviews for a dozen campgrounds/state parks in the northeast.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:15 AM   #19

I agree, another great idea from TURBS. Maybe have some kind of rating template if it's not too much trouble to set up which could include:

Prices
Size and condition of sites (level, grassy, shaded)
Friendliness of owners/employees
Amenities (LP, camp store, pool, playground, etc)
Cleanliness of grounds
Cleanliness of bathrooms, free showers?
Free dump station?
etc

Maybe include a link to the campground.
Old 03-05-2014, 09:31 AM   #20

I would love to see a campground/RV park thread/post here, as I sure the same is for all of us I have stayed in alot of really nice parks, and two that they don't ever have to worry about me coming back.

Remeber not all parks are created equal, we stayed in a park (on a Military post) that on the electical post the ground wire came off (I guess that is the right term) and it fried our inverter, converter, and microwave, we called management right away, they came over checked things out, they called maintenance with in 30 minutes it was fixed. As soon as they were done they told us to take the RV in to our dealership and have them check everything out and get an itemized bill on parts and labor. We did as they said, the bill was over $2K, they paid every dime. Yes we still stay at that park

Days Camped 2014 - 83, 2015 - 56, 2016 - 58, 2017 - 86

The Home of the FREE because of the BRAVE
LittlePM is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg