Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 11-10-2017, 04:48 PM   #41

Quote:
Originally Posted by MNtraveler View Post
The most important thing to say in this context, and on this day, is "thank you for your service to your country!" [emoji631]
Thank you but I didn't add that for any recognition, only to point out that I no longer have the patience for confusion other than my own.
As my oldest Brother would say: "I have more years behind me than the number I have left to work through".

I know this is Veteran's Day weekend and we have a Veteran's Forum on here to express any 'Thanks' to all Veteran's, but for me ~ I only ask for you to remember the ones who never made it back home, each day - not just on Memorial Day.
Old 11-10-2017, 05:21 PM   #42
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by timfromma View Post
I think most of the rude comments are really just an attempt at humor. Out here in internet land we don't have the ability to see the facial expression or the tone of voice of whomever we are communicating with which greatly increases the occurrence of misunderstandings.
AMEN to that!! People seem to assume the worst motive to what is being said.
Attached Images

Old 11-10-2017, 05:25 PM   #43

Almost every word I say/type is typed/said with some degree of humor, veiled though it may be.

Else, why breathe?

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 11-10-2017, 05:39 PM   #44
KAS

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post
Almost every word I say/type is typed/said with some degree of humor, veiled though it may be.

Else, why breathe?
Yeah! GASP! CHOKE!
Old 11-10-2017, 05:44 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by extxn View Post

I have far fewer posts on this forum than many, but I read many threads here constantly and take away what matters to me. Often, someone will join or start a new thread with a question or problem and several members will jump in offering solutions. That's fine IF members will take the time to read past the original opening statement and observe who or what response has already been offered. Setting at work, using the company computer or their smart phone to make a quick reply isn't always helpful and may add a bit of aggravation for others.

I notice all to often, the thread turns into 'what I've got' and a dollar & cents reply. I could honestly care less about how much $$ others have in the bank or what they have ~ as the saying goes: without pics, it didn't happen. Again, someone sitting with the computer and rv catalogs with only the best & most expensive items underlined.
You have said the same things I was going to post. When an OP asks a question too many times the thread goes into another direction and takes on a new subject. I'm sure some of the OPs leave totally confused. The forum members have a wealth of information about RVs and that is the reason I check here every day and read most new posts. Fortunately I have enough knowledge to sort through what is important. I think everyone needs to remember how to treat others and many here need to have thicker skin!
2005 Victory Vegas
Old 11-10-2017, 05:48 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by BandJCarm View Post

Else, why breathe?
And that is the way I take all of your posts!
2005 Victory Vegas
Old 11-10-2017, 05:50 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zoom View Post
And that is the way I take all of your posts!
Then we are both successful at this!

Those that take me seriously, PM me with that info. I appreciate them, and you.

Life is fun.

FROG AR-0019-242
2016 GMC Denali 3500Dually--2017 CC 36CKTS
Old 11-11-2017, 11:19 AM   #48

The comments I'm talking about aren't "attempts at humor." They are arrogant, condescending, and outright rude.

Too many comments are dismissive or even straight-up hostile to the people who come here looking for help, and also to those who try to help. The comments come from an attitude of "I know a heck of a lot more about this than you, and you must be an idiot if you think that way."

Interesting some people think it's about me not having a thick skin. The comments weren't even directed at me. I'm just seeing more and more rude and hostile comments as some people try to get their jollies and feel better about themselves by putting others down.

How about we try to help the people who have questions, and each other, and work on trying to have fun around RVing, not having fun by making fun of each other?
Old 11-11-2017, 11:33 AM   #49
KAS

Quote:
The comments I'm talking about aren't "attempts at humor." They are arrogant, condescending, and outright rude.

Too many comments are dismissive or even straight-up hostile to the people who come here looking for help, and also to those who try to help. The comments come from an attitude of "I know a heck of a lot more about this than you, and you must be an idiot if you think that way."

Interesting some people think it's about me not having a thick skin. The comments weren't even directed at me. I'm just seeing more and more rude and hostile comments as some people try to get their jollies and feel better about themselves by putting others down.

How about we try to help the people who have questions, and each other, and work on trying to have fun around RVing, not having fun by making fun of each other?
Now that you got everything off your chest, do you feel better?
Old 11-11-2017, 11:46 AM   #50

Quote:

Honestly, as a member of more forums that I can count, I think what frustrates current forum members and creates a hostile environment for newbies is the lack of introductions, background and direct question to the problem.

The Gas Mileage link is a good example. A very general question is asked and the OP wants a very detailed, direct answer as how to solve a problem. My take as a forum member, is that this isn't a game of 20 questions to find the problem. If you want a detailed answer, ask a detailed question.

Example of a common, newbie question:
"My truck won't start. What's the problem?"
So then the members get to play 20 questions just to identify the problem on what could be a very simple solution.

Example of a member that is soliciting help correctly:
"Today my truck wouldn't start. I've never had this happen before but when I went out this morning, I tried to start the tuck and heard clicking, but, the engine wouldn't turn over. Being that it's November and there was frost on the ground, the truck was starting from a very cold start. Can you guys give me any advice?"
This would likely lead to a conversation of checking the cranking ability of the battery since the members have a direction to go.

I do think that there are people that go out of their way to be rude but I think others will answer a very general question with a very general (at times sarcastic) answer.

2017 Forest River Surveyor 247BHDS...
...Tugged by a 2016 F250 XLT FX4 SuperCrew, Shortbed 6.2L, 4wd, 3.73...
...Joined with a Husky Centerline TS 800-1200lbs WDH
Old 11-11-2017, 11:57 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by KAS View Post
Now that you got everything off your chest, do you feel better?

Oh yeah, I forgot, this is about me. So go ahead and get all your personal comments out against me in this thread. I can take it. Fire away! Here is even a special place for them:

Maybe if you get them all out here, there will be less rudeness in responding to people looking for help and those trying their best to help them on the other threads in this forum.
Old 11-11-2017, 11:59 AM   #52
Insert witty title here

Lighten up Francis.

2021 Transcend Xplor 247BH
Husky WDH with Sway Control
2021 Chevy Silverado 2500HD LT 6.6L V8 Duramax
Forever in my memory. Forever in my heart.
Laurie J. Wood 3/22/67 - 8/23/19
Old 11-11-2017, 12:01 PM   #53
Site Team

Thread closed pending site team review

Edit: Thread permanently closed

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Closed Thread