Old 01-14-2014, 09:56 AM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
I blame Ependydad! JK just picked the first site team member I could think of dont boot me!
Funny story to that.

Back in high school, we had a typing class on computers. One of my fellow nerds figured out that we could send "chat" messages to other stations. So during the class, we'd send stupid messages back and forth. Being the stupid one myself, I managed to send one right as the teacher stopped at my recipient's spot. Lord only knows what it said...

Out of sheer coincidence (truly), some other system (student records of some sort) malfunctioned a few days later. I was accused of hacking and banished from using computers at that school again. They brought in a typewriter for me to finish up my typing classes on!

Old 01-14-2014, 10:11 AM   #12

I actually committed a similar "crime" in high school. One of our teachers had a program installed so he could remote into another students computer and spy on them. I found this program and was able to open up my classmates computers as well and control them. I did so with a good buddy of mines one day and opened up Microsoft Word. I began to type:

YOUR COMPUTER WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN:
6 (by this time he was screaming for the teacher)

The teacher knew what was up and started scanning the class room and of course I am sitting at my computer having a cow and was caught red handed!

No type writter for me... just a few days of detention...

TV- 2015 Ram 2500 CCLB 6.7 Cummins 3.42 gears
Camper - 2015 Saber 322BHTS
avolnek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2014, 10:25 AM   #13
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

As long as ependydad is taking the blame...
And not me for once..... I blame him for the android app not working today either.
Old 01-14-2014, 06:15 PM   #14
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by avolnek View Post
I actually committed a similar "crime" in high school. One of our teachers had a program installed so he could remote into another students computer and spy on them. I found this program and was able to open up my classmates computers as well and control them. I did so with a good buddy of mines one day and opened up Microsoft Word. I began to type:

YOUR COMPUTER WILL SELF DESTRUCT IN:
6 (by this time he was screaming for the teacher)

The teacher knew what was up and started scanning the class room and of course I am sitting at my computer having a cow and was caught red handed!

No type writter for me... just a few days of detention...
LOL, reminds me of my nephew, a truly self taught 'puter genius. He was writing code, with no training or teaching, at the age of ten.
When he was about 15, his cousin worked in the 'puter department at WalMart, and nephew had figured out a 5 keystroke code to totally wipe a computer clean..as in *nothing* on it. It reached a point that his cousin would start yelling and running him out of the department as soon as he saw him. Nephew saw that as a challenge to wipe out at least two 'puters before he caught him and ran him out.

Did he ever share that code with me? errr that'd be a NO. but I saw him do it once

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote