Closed Thread
Old 11-13-2015, 10:50 AM   #21
Originally Posted by doc73 View Post
Thank you for your work. I am surprised you all do not have a sock account to purge.. I would not worry about it, but it could avoid feeling the hate.

Thank you all for the great site.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk

2015 Shamrock 231KSS, Oyster shell
2016 Chev Silverado LT Z71 Ext. Cab, 4x4, 5.3L V/8
Reese Straight Line WDH, 2000W Honda Gen.
2 Old Town kayaks & 2 Boston Terriers - Zoey/Gonzo
Lar & Ruth
55 nights camping in 2015, 45 in 2016
Old 11-13-2015, 11:35 AM   #22
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
This is a pretty general rule for all online forums in my experience. Some are more lenient that others but in the end, somebody is paying money to host the site and if they don't like what you have to say, they can and will prevent you from saying it.

Free speech only applies to protection from the government. Not message board moderators.
Anyone with a brain knows this. But, unfortunately- there's no test prior to posting.

IMO, the expectation of free speech in someone else's private area is absurd.

Old 11-13-2015, 01:14 PM   #23
Originally Posted by harryo View Post
I am truly sorry that my post offended the site moderators. However, given your statement that there is not free speech on this forum, I truly feel sorry for you. Your intentions may be honorable; and, you may be dedicated to maintaining the integrity of your forum. BUT, given this is the first time I have posted, I can assure that it will be my last. A forum is just a glorified blog with many opinions and requests for assistance throughout the RVer network. While I understand the need to monitor profanity or character assassination, I cannot get past your statement that there is no free speech on the forum. And, quite frankly, I have been an RVer for 40 years so I am well aware of other resources. As Tigger would say: TTFN.
your post didn't offend, it was against site rules.. that's all.. there are stated rules that you must adhere to play here. if your post was about finding additional resources to help fix your issues or even to inform others about the problems you experienced, that post would have been fine. Instead you broke a rule concerning threatening legal actions. If you can't understand that... well, that's where the problem lies.

if you don't like the site, please feel free to visit those other resources..
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Flagstaff 21FBRS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Old 11-13-2015, 02:45 PM   #24
cogito ergo moo
And just for future use, any person with that level of vitriol on their first and only post is gonna get the hard-look from moderators on ANY forum. Mods ain't stupid. They know the difference between someone who is seeking remedy to a situation, and someone who is p-o'd and just wants everyone to know it. If a guy has 200-300 posts and is generally a contributor to the forums, he might get a touch (just a touch, mind you) more leeway, but not a "1-post wonder"

What did the OP expect? That we all join in a boycott of FR till he gets satisfaction? Not gonna happen. I like my FR, and I like the company. His experience is distasteful, but it's not going to change my opinion of the company. Sorry you feel you are getting the hose from FR, but coming on like you did is not going to generate any sympathy here. And for the record, I am not a moderator. They won't let opinionated, tactless jerks like me be moderators. Probably for the best, anyway... because guys like me tend to use the term, "Don't let the door hit you on the [moderator edit] on the way out", when people throw a fit when they don't get their way and say they are leaving.

FROG Member MO-0008-571 Since 2012
2016 Rockwood Signature Ultralite 8329ss (coming soon)
Nights camped 2016 -9
Nights Reserved 077121212125 ..........My Project Blog:

Old 11-13-2015, 03:10 PM   #25
Time to move on. Enough negative here.

Sent from my iPhone using Forest River Forums
Tom & Renée
Durham, NC

2015 Wildcat 295RSX
2012 Ford F-250, 4x4, 6.7 Liter Diesel
Old 11-13-2015, 03:55 PM   #26
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post

I think the OP got the memo!

I make a motion this thread be closed.
2012 Flagstaff V Lite 30 WRLTS
2005 Dodge Ram 2500 5.7 Mag Hemi 3.72 Rearaxle
Nights camped 2015 = 23
Nights camped 2016 = 12!
Bamaganza '16 site A25 Maybe
Old 11-13-2015, 04:06 PM   #27
Site Team
Originally Posted by 5er_tom View Post

Agreed. Hopefully those reading this will have a better understanding of how the site works, and strives to be a fair playground for all to share their collective wisdom.

We are going to go ahead and close the books on this one. Thanks

2011 Flagstaff 831 RLBSS

I've just ordered a chicken and an egg from Amazon.... I will keep you posted.
Closed Thread