Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-30-2015, 01:08 PM   #1

Forest River Forum Daily Newsletter

Every time I go to the Forest River Forum Daily Newsletter, even after I login I get a pop up screen what wants me to subscribe to the Newsletter.
Since I am obviously subscribed already how I can I prevent this pop up without turning off all popups on my computer?
papakilo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:03 PM   #2
Site Team

The website uses cookies to know you are subscribed to the thread. if you are clearing the cookies, then each time you log in, you will get the pop up...but you are stating you are getting it each time you read the newsletter.

Try this if on the full website (not the app version).

Go to your control panel (user cp) and click on the "edit options" underneath the setting and options on the left hand side.

scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and see if you can toggle off the newsletter popup. Click 'save changes' and see what this does.
Attached Images

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 02:48 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
The website uses cookies to know you are subscribed to the thread. if you are clearing the cookies, then each time you log in, you will get the pop up...but you are stating you are getting it each time you read the newsletter.

Try this if on the full website (not the app version).

Go to your control panel (user cp) and click on the "edit options" underneath the setting and options on the left hand side.

scroll all the way to the bottom of this page and see if you can toggle off the newsletter popup. Click 'save changes' and see what this does.
Thanks for your advice. Unfortunately when I go to Control Panel I do not see a link to "setting and options" so I am unable to go to edit options.

I tried a search for settings and options and also for edit options and could not find anything. I am using Windows 10 I wonder if that is the problem.
Old 11-30-2015, 03:10 PM   #4
Site Team

Odd, Ok use the other way to get there from the full site (not the app). near the top right hand side of all the pages, there is a Quick links dropdown box. Click the name and then select the "edit options" title. It will take you to the edit option page, where you scroll down to the bottom and toggle the newsletter to off. Make sure to click save changes at the bottom after that.
Attached Images

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 11-30-2015, 04:16 PM   #5

Quote:
Odd, Ok use the other way to get there from the full site (not the app). near the top right hand side of all the pages, there is a Quick links dropdown box. Click the name and then select the "edit options" title. It will take you to the edit option page, where you scroll down to the bottom and toggle the newsletter to off. Make sure to click save changes at the bottom after that.
Sorry to report there is not Quick links on my computer. Are you using a MAC by any chance?
Old 11-30-2015, 04:51 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by papakilo View Post
Sorry to report there is not Quick links on my computer. Are you using a MAC by any chance?
It's in the top right-hand corner of the website, not on your computer.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2015, 04:59 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iwritecode View Post
It's in the top right-hand corner of the website, not on your computer.
Bingo! Thank you so much for your patience. You are dealing with an 82 year old numbskull who still goes camping (well, really portable cottaging) with his Sunseeker 2500 TS.
Old 11-30-2015, 05:01 PM   #8
Site Team

What web browser are you using?

Old 11-30-2015, 05:04 PM   #9

Quote:
What web browser are you using?
I am using Internet Explorer 11. Sorry to report the Newsletter popup is still popping up even though I turned it off as you instructed.
Old 12-01-2015, 01:41 PM   #10

Now try restarting your computer if you have not already done so.
Lexi2007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 02:26 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lexi2007 View Post
Now try restarting your computer if you have not already done so.
Yes, I restarted the computer it made no difference. The pop up still appears. Not only did I turn the Newsletter off in the quick links my computer is set not to accept pop ups. Very strange.
Old 12-01-2015, 08:30 PM   #12
Site Team

Cookie handling preferences are set in your browser. You'll want to allow cookie exchange with this site and then next time you see the popup, log in and click the x. or disable that option in your profile settings.

In IE 11 to change your browsing preferences:

Click on settings (looks like a small gear in the upper right corner)
Select internet options and then the privacy tab.
Change your settings to medium and hit OK

If you still have this issue then repeat the procedure and then on the privacy page click the "sites" button to find options to customize what sites you allow cookie exchange with.

Click image for larger version

Name:	ie_cookies.jpg
Views:	148
Size:	97.9 KB
ID:	95378
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2015, 09:05 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Cookie handling preferences are set in your browser. You'll want to allow cookie exchange with this site and then next time you see the popup, log in and click the x. or disable that option in your profile settings.

In IE 11 to change your browsing preferences:

Click on settings (looks like a small gear in the upper right corner)
Select internet options and then the privacy tab.
Change your settings to medium and hit OK

If you still have this issue then repeat the procedure and then on the privacy page click the "sites" button to find options to customize what sites you allow cookie exchange with.

Attachment 95378
I did as you suggested including allowing forestriverforums.com to interact with cookies.
The Newsletter still pops up.
Old 12-02-2015, 09:22 AM   #14
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by papakilo View Post
I did as you suggested including allowing forestriverforums.com to interact with cookies.
The Newsletter still pops up.
Hmm, odd. Are you positive it's the newsletter and not a PM notification popup. I was checking your settings and you do have the private message (PM) popup enabled in your account.

Just checking.

Old 12-02-2015, 10:00 AM   #15

Quote:
Hmm, odd. Are you positive it's the newsletter and not a PM notification popup. I was checking your settings and you do have the private message (PM) popup enabled in your account.

Just checking.
The pop up I have been trying to eliminate is the one where they are trying to get me to signup for the Forum Newsletter which of course I am already subscribed to.

I do not know anything about a PM notification pop up. If this should not be enabled in my account I'd appreciate any information you can give me.
Old 12-03-2015, 01:18 PM   #16
Site Team

Still trying to get it figured out. Don't give up on us.

Old 12-03-2015, 05:24 PM   #17

Quote:
Still trying to get it figured out. Don't give up on us.
Guess what. I just logged in to reply to your message and whoopee, no pop up.
Old 02-01-2016, 02:05 PM   #18
Canadian Full Timer

I had the same issue and found the setting under the User CP in that string of items across the top - second from the left on my machine. In there is a Miscellaneous settings and the Turn On or Off the Newsletter Popup was On. I have turned it off now, so hopefully that will be the end of that annoying pop-up! Thanks for the advice.
Cherokeerose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2016, 09:10 PM   #19
Dazed & Confused

I set that to off months ago.....still get the pop-up everyday!
M&K Hoffman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
forest river