Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-27-2015, 06:36 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
Forum "freezes up"

Anybody having a problem with the software freezing up? I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit on my laptop, with IE 10 (I think that is the version). When I click on a thread from the "recent post" list on the right side of the page, it goes to that thread, but sometimes, when it gets there, I can't scroll up or down in the posts. At other times, it seems to work just fine. When it freezes up, if I use the "back" button and get out of that thread, and then re-open it, half the time I experience the same problem, and half the time everything works as it should.

This problem only started a couple of days ago, and no, I haven't changed any of the settings on my anti-virus software, installed any new firewalls, etc. I have downloaded and installed several updates to the Windows software from Microsoft.

Anybody else experiencing this kind of issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
__________________

__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:45 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Mike View Post
Anybody having a problem with the software freezing up? I'm running Windows 8.1 64-bit on my laptop, with IE 10 (I think that is the version). When I click on a thread from the "recent post" list on the right side of the page, it goes to that thread, but sometimes, when it gets there, I can't scroll up or down in the posts. At other times, it seems to work just fine. When it freezes up, if I use the "back" button and get out of that thread, and then re-open it, half the time I experience the same problem, and half the time everything works as it should.

This problem only started a couple of days ago, and no, I haven't changed any of the settings on my anti-virus software, installed any new firewalls, etc. I have downloaded and installed several updates to the Windows software from Microsoft.

Anybody else experiencing this kind of issue? Any suggestions?

Thanks,

Mike
UPDATE: It seems like the problem happens when somebody else is posting on the same thread that I'm trying to scroll through. Once their post is published, my computer "unfreezes" and again let me scroll through that thread.
__________________

__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:47 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Disk cleanup and clear Internet cache?

It helped with a redirect I was having a few das ago.
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:48 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
rracer5's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Full Timing It
Posts: 1,906
Give it time Mike.....the weather's getting warmer and the freezing will leave us soon.


Seriously, I downloaded Google Chrome and use that 99% of the time with very few issues. I also have Windows 8.1.
__________________
"PT Crew Members Since 9/2010"[/I][/B]
2011 RAM 2500 HD 6.7L CTD Crew
2014 Sanibel 3250
rracer5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 06:57 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Capt. Mike's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Location: Franklin County, MO
Posts: 1,742
Disk cleanup and clear Internet cache?

It helped with a redirect I was having a few das ago.
Ford Idaho...brand-new computer, 1 month old, disk cleanup shouldn't be a problem, but clearing browsing history might help.


Give it time Mike.....the weather's getting warmer and the freezing will leave us soon.


Seriously, I downloaded Google Chrome and use that 99% of the time with very few issues. I also have Windows 8.1.


rracer5 Seriously, Google Chrome might be the answer. IE is known to have some issues. I've tried to use FireFox and don't like it, but I use Chrome on my Android devices and like it.

Thanks to both of you for your suggestions.

BTW, while rracer5 was typing his reply, I couldn't scroll through Ford Idaho's reply to read it in its entirety. Go figure...maybe OldCoot is right, maybe the correct term is "confusers" rather than "computers."
__________________
Mike and Yvonne
and Sophie, the little white dog
2017 Columbus 320RSC
2015 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Duramax 4X4
“It's not how old you are, it's how you are old.”Jules Renard
"It's not the years...it's the mileage." - Indiana Jones
Capt. Mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
You would be surprised how much your browser saves, yes it does depend on how much you use it and where (sites).
__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:56 AM   #7
Left Coast
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: vancouver,washington
Posts: 15,649
Send a message via Yahoo to bob caldwell
Fire-fox also goes to sleep, 2to5 times every day. I use a 'cleaner' every-night.
__________________
bob caldwell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 12:02 PM   #8
Mod free 5er
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Concord, NC
Posts: 24,215
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ford Idaho View Post
You would be surprised how much your browser saves, yes it does depend on how much you use it and where (sites).
You can change your settings so the internet history and cache are deleted automatically when you shut down.
__________________
OldCoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2015, 04:06 PM   #9
Senior Member
 
Ford Idaho's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2013
Location: Idaho
Posts: 9,840
Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
You can change your settings so the internet history and cache are deleted automatically when you shut down.
Yes, but there are a large number of people that do not change any settings what so ever.

I would guess that about 50% of the people with a PC have no idea of it's full capabilities.

__________________

__________________
2016 F350 6.7L LB CC Reese 28K 2014 Chaparral Lite 266sab
"Those who would give up essential Liberty, to purchase a little temporary Safety, deserve neither Liberty nor Safety." 2014 19 days camping 2015 17 days camping201620 days camping
Ford Idaho is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:16 AM.