Old 11-23-2016, 05:11 PM   #41
World Wide Wanderer

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post
~snip~

But my point is and remains - Forest River has the ability to change the web site behavior back to what it was several months ago when the site worked well.

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
Forest River doesn't own this site. It is owned by Social Knowledge, LLC

I don't have any issues with it in any of my OS or browsers. However I keep tracking to a minimum and use AdBlock.

Aaron

2016 Coachmen Concord 300DS
2015 Fusion Hybrid following along
wahoonc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 05:56 PM   #42

FRF Site Problem

I use Android Phone, Tablet, Kindle, Windows and Chrome on computers for 3 years now and do not have your issues. I doubt it is the site. It could be a setting in the OS and how your browser is set up in regards to how it handles the connection to FRF. Problems like those you are experiencing can be very elusive. Hope you get a tech that can pin down the cause for you.

Old 11-23-2016, 06:40 PM   #43
Site Team

As noted earlier, Forest River Inc doesn't own or manage this site. We work pretty hard to keep the site running smoothly and I'm sorry you are having problems. Here are somethings you can do:

1. Run a full system scan to make sure you don't have unwanted adware. I like Malwarebytes but there are other good options available.

2. Make sure that you are logged in when viewing the site - you will see fewer ads.

3. Enable cookie exchange with the site - we use cookies to keep you logged in and help page navigation.

It's worth noting that we do run ads on this site - mostly via Googles adsense program and we specifically exclude popup ads. If you are seeing these, something is amiss. we do occasionally have some video ads that run in the top corner of the page but they aren't activated unless you mouse over them so you might avoid that if you find them bothersome.

Ads help keep the doors open and support server expenses, programming costs and licensing. We do our best to find balance in this regard but understand that some folks just hate ads. If there is sufficient interest we might consider setting up a supporting membership program that would allow subscribers to disable some or all ads as an option, but currently we don;t have anything like this in place.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 07:22 PM   #44

One thing to check: open Chrome, Settings, On Startup. If you have "open a specific page or set of pages" I'd go back to the default, "open a new tab".
WW

A Modder's work is never done!
WolfWhistle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:35 AM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
Its interesting that no one wants to take any time to at least investigate the site. There may very well be nothing wrong but to put the OP off and tell them, "its not the sites fault" is bad business. FRF is certainly entertaining for sure.
I cannot necessarily agree with this statement/assessment, as per my post #7 in this thread, I am offering to try and troubleshoot the problem. We have to have a starting point.

I just threw some salt over my shoulder for good luck. Ended up smashing a mirror with the salt shaker.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #46
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by pgandw View Post

Fred W
2014 Rockwood A122 A-frame
2008 Hyundai Entourage minivan
Fred, you need to reset your browser to the default settings.
Your browser is not configured properly.

Select Tools -> Internet Options -> Advanced
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	arrow.JPG
Views:	39
Size:	26.7 KB
ID:	125694   Click image for larger version

Name:	reset browser.JPG
Views:	38
Size:	67.3 KB
ID:	125695  

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 11:29 AM   #47

Herk i think Fred is doing his searching from work he can't change anything
Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 06:19 PM   #48

I will not be accessing this site during breaks or lunch any more from my work computer.

Whether it is our IT folks clamping down on outside tracking or the FRF site is more aggressive with its 3rd party tracking doesn't matter - the result is the same.

For my current job, I do a lot of supplier research and pricing on the web. I do not run into these issues on their sites. I run into occasional instances of 2-3 extra pages (consecutively in the same window) on some consumer sites, but no other site besides FRF causes 20+ extra pages.

Fred W
Old 11-24-2016, 07:22 PM   #49
Lost in time

For kicks and grins, I loaded this site from 3 different laptops, one running Chrome, one running Firefox and one running Windows 98 (I still use that for programming my CNC machines, and all loaded this site just fine.

Quick load, no issue. I only have Ad block on the Chrome laptop, the other 2 have no shareware programs.

That leads me to the conclusion that you have internal browser issues. Not this site.
Old 11-24-2016, 09:33 PM   #50

Give em hell Fred!!

Burgers on the BBQ and a cold beer
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote