Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 10-21-2016, 01:27 PM   #1

How do I become a Site Team Member?

I appreciate the site teams work and have wondered how does one get to be a site team member?

2016 Siverback 33IK, Towed 50K+ mile
2018 Ford F-350 Lariat 6.7L V8 Diesel 4WD Crew Cab

"If you don't know where you are going, any road will get you there."
Old 10-21-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dalford View Post
I appreciate the site teams work but have wondered how does one get to be a site team member?
We get this question occasionally.

As the site grows and folks move on with their interests, we (the site volunteer staff and the Social Knowledge site Manager) occasionally hold a semi-formal review of members who are frequently online; helpful with site management (reporting spammers and posting rule violations); post informed answers without being combative or boorish; outgoing and friendly; the ability to work with the existing volunteers; and have the computer skills and reliability to be granted access to the forum database.

We then nominate several members in excess of the vacancies and the entire team decides who will be offered the opportunity to become a site team volunteer. A few will decline as we do try to hold our volunteers to a higher standard than the general membership (and we do frequent team member critiques when we "reply as a member"). I have had my own posts edited by other Moderators when I get too passionate about a topic. Mea Culpa ...

Database training can last a few weeks with tasks assigned and completed at the trainee's leisure but some complete it much more quickly.

It takes a bit of "Rhino Hide" to stay focused when getting beat on because of an unpopular "call". Worse, when a bad actor needs to be asked to leave the forum because they won't change their behavior towards the membership. Being a Moderator is not for everyone.

You DO NOT need to be an "RV Subject Matter Expert" to be a Moderator. We have lots of those. It is really hard to find compatible, helpful, even tempered people to fill a thankless volunteer job that needs to be done to keep our forum a family oriented, helpful and friendly place to trade knowledge and ideas on the RV lifestyle.

I hope that helps to answer your (and other's) question.
Herk
Closed Thread