Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 05:23 PM   #1

How Do I Close My Account?

I'd like to close my FRF account. I've deleted all I can, but don't see a way to close the account. Understanding there may be some threads that could be affected, can the account itself be closed?

Thank you.
Old 12-05-2017, 07:56 AM   #2
Site Team

I checked your settings and it appears you have took about all the steps you can.

FYI: As stated, we cannot "delete" accounts that have posts as it would leave blank X's in threads where you posted or was quoted, messing up the continuity.

The site team can lock your account where 'you' can never access it again, if that's also what you want....but wouldn't normally take such a drastic step absent site guideline violations, in case you ever want to start posting again.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 12-05-2017, 08:00 AM   #3

As they say....."Once on the internet....always on the internet."
Old 12-05-2017, 08:44 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
I checked your settings and it appears you have took about all the steps you can.

FYI: As stated, we cannot "delete" accounts that have posts as it would leave blank X's in threads where you posted or was quoted, messing up the continuity.

The site team can lock your account where 'you' can never access it again, if that's also what you want....but wouldn't normally take such a drastic step absent site guideline violations, in case you ever want to start posting again.

Thank you for the information. I figured I had taken all the necessary steps available after reading a post from a year or so ago. Just wanted to verify.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:40 PM   #5

I am a member on another forum that can and has deleted members. Members would contact a mod to get there account deleted.
You may be able to change your user name, otherwise just stop contributing.
Old 12-05-2017, 09:46 PM   #6
Site Team

Site Team Note:
This issue has been resolved to the OP's satisfaction.
The thread is now CLOSED.
Thanks.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Closed Thread