Old 09-29-2015, 02:39 PM   #131

[QUOTE=Timex;991209]I got into my camera and changed the settings. Took a pic that was 640x480 and 140 kb. Tried to upload 4 times and it would fail after :05.QUOTE]

So I just posted a pic(the same as above) a few minutes ago and it worked.

Long story short here:

Got the new modem from AT&T and it didn't work. Spend several hours talking to "Peggy" and to no avail. I've been offline since Sunday! So I hooked the old modem back up and they did something on their end and I am back to square A now. Just tried posting a bigger pic(like I have been doing for the last couple years) and got timed out.

Just tried to post the same pic that I posted to my previous post and failed after about :05.

The next question, when you submit a post, does this go as an upload thru the internet? The reason I am asking, I was using about 3.5 Gigs a month uploading data thru the internet.

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-29-2015, 08:53 PM   #132

[QUOTE=Timex;996904]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
I got into my camera and changed the settings. Took a pic that was 640x480 and 140 kb. Tried to upload 4 times and it would fail after :05.QUOTE]

So I just posted a pic(the same as above) a few minutes ago and it worked.

Long story short here:

Got the new modem from AT&T and it didn't work. Spend several hours talking to "Peggy" and to no avail. I've been offline since Sunday! So I hooked the old modem back up and they did something on their end and I am back to square A now. Just tried posting a bigger pic(like I have been doing for the last couple years) and got timed out.

Just tried to post the same pic that I posted to my previous post and failed after about :05.

The next question, when you submit a post, does this go as an upload thru the internet? The reason I am asking, I was using about 3.5 Gigs a month uploading data thru the internet.
If the question is for WW, you are sending and receiving data over the internet. As you read and type you are in an application that lives on a servers. When you type up a post and hit enter you are sending from your pc of device to their server, what you are seeing is their server sending data to your pc or device. Technically you are not uploading just because you are sending. If you edit, the entire post or reply is send. When you search, find and attach a photo, it would be correct to say it was uploaded. If you grab someone's photo on the forum, you are downloading it.

The amount of data in just text is fairly small, it is the photos on the site that uses more bandwidth and data. I would say, that the amount of data you are talking about must be for other things than this forum. Although, I have no idea of how much I use. Much less since it is harder to upload photos in the normal way. I can upload through the photo / album option than attach the hot link to a post of a previously uploaded photo... ones I have uploaded to the album.

This forum, the look and feel of it, is an application just like your email is an application on a server, they just use different protocols and ports.

Hope this helped.
WW

Old 09-29-2015, 10:14 PM   #133

[QUOTE=WolfWhistle;997230]
Quote:

If the question is for WW, you are sending and receiving data over the internet. As you read and type you are in an application that lives on a servers. When you type up a post and hit enter you are sending from your pc of device to their server, what you are seeing is their server sending data to your pc or device. Technically you are not uploading just because you are sending. If you edit, the entire post or reply is send. When you search, find and attach a photo, it would be correct to say it was uploaded. If you grab someone's photo on the forum, you are downloading it.

The amount of data in just text is fairly small, it is the photos on the site that uses more bandwidth and data. I would say, that the amount of data you are talking about must be for other things than this forum. Although, I have no idea of how much I use. Much less since it is harder to upload photos in the normal way. I can upload through the photo / album option than attach the hot link to a post of a previously uploaded photo... ones I have uploaded to the album.

This forum, the look and feel of it, is an application just like your email is an application on a server, they just use different protocols and ports.

Hope this helped.
WW
It helped.

I don't know where the upload data that AT&T says I am using is coming from. I have a SIL that visits some and has her head stuck in a tablet, laptop, smartphone, you name it, surfing FB. It's sickening how addicted she is to it. I've since changed my router and won't give her the password. It pi$$e$ her off. And it just makes my day! But I don't know what she is doing on it. It may be something she is doing. I don't email many pics and certainly haven't been able to post m(any) pics lately on FRF. I'll make a concerted effort to make my camera settings to smaller dimensions. I'll see if that helps.

Haven't heard anything else from anybody lately in regards that FRF is having problems accepting pics.

Must be me.
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Old 09-29-2015, 10:20 PM   #134

I just uploaded 3 picture from my phone, worked fine.

Click image for larger version

Name:	2000px-SMPTE_Color_Bars_16x9.svg.jpg
Views:	49
Size:	53.9 KB
ID:	90279

Here are some SMPTE HD Bars..

Uploaded from my Windows 10 PC using Goggle Chrome Browser
Old 09-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #135

Try to me upload his android now. Nope... failed... Its not just you.
WW
Old 09-30-2015, 09:55 AM   #136
Site Team

I still can't post pics from my iPhone 6 using the Forest River forum app or Tapatalk. I think I'll quit until someone says "Ah, yes... we got it!"

Sent (I think)

Nights Camped: '13 = 49 / '14 = 74 / '15 = 74 / '16 = 85 / '17 = 110; booked = 0
Mr. Dan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-30-2015, 01:41 PM   #137

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
I still can't post pics from my iPhone 6 using the Forest River forum app or Tapatalk. I think I'll quit until someone says "Ah, yes... we got it!"

Sent (I think)

Not sure what's up. I post from my iPhone 6 with no problem. We're on AT&T. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByForest River Forums1443634906.591426.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	74.0 KB
ID:	90341

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
Old 09-30-2015, 03:07 PM   #138

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
Not sure what's up. I post from my iPhone 6 with no problem. We're on AT&T. Attachment 90341

2014 XLR27HFS
2006 Ford F450 Diesel Dually
2015 Harley Freewheeler Trike (Tara)
2004 Harley Road King Custom (Gemma)
They don't block people with F-450s, they know better!

Say, BHF can you click on your User CP; then on "attachments" (down the left side) and tell me how many and how much space your's are? Mine is 202 attachments and 24.59MB
WW
Old 09-30-2015, 03:26 PM   #139

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
They don't block people with F-450s, they know better!

Say, BHF can you click on your User CP; then on "attachments" (down the left side) and tell me how many and how much space your's are? Mine is 202 attachments and 24.59MB
WW
This is what mine says: You are currently using 50.94 MB to store 204 uploaded attachments.

Does that mean anything, good/bad?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Old 09-30-2015, 03:30 PM   #140

Quote:
This is what mine says: You are currently using 50.94 MB to store 204 uploaded attachments.

Does that mean anything, good/bad?
Dunno... both of us are over 200 attachments... lets see what ole "F-450 - mine's working great" has to say
WW

Tags
pictures