Old 09-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #21
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It is your timer server timing out, I get this all the time , it might take 5x's to make it work. Why don't your IT guy or gal get it fixed? it's an aggravating thing. By the way Janet how do I send PM to all moderators at the same time? thanks for your help. Also what is the admin. address? Thank you

You can send me a PM if you have an admin issue or you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

But regarding the images... A 3 meg file is very large and while it's possible to load them, as a courtesy to those on slow connections we ask that you reduce image sizes please.

I don't know that our server is timing out, it could also be your ISP or any number of other variables. I do know that if you upload large images our software will reduce the file sizes some, but there is processing time. If you upload multiple large files to the same post, they may be refused by the server as we have some limits in place to prevent DOS attacks.

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2015, 08:41 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by breezyhillfarm View Post
They blocked you WW. They were afraid you would upload a selfie and scare the widders and orphans.
I scare the kids and confuse the babies! You aren't right BHF!

Old 09-15-2015, 08:42 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
Dimensions are 4000x3000
2.0 - 3.8 MB or so.

Like I said, sometimes they'll upload just as pretty as you please and lately(the last couple months) it's hit and miss. I'm not doing anything different and haven't changed anything. Some of the pics have been posted before with no problems.

And I am at home with no other devices hooked up.

Do get too technical or you'll lose me.
Full size for the jpegs were 2 meg... I reduced to medium the very small, no help.

ww
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
If you are in a campground trying to use Wi-Fi with everyone else, that is common. Early morning usually works well. Or try to get park management to reboot the system.
At home on PC on Adsl at 3 Mb/s... on smart phone... verizon 3G.
WW
Old 09-15-2015, 08:44 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by aceinspp View Post
Works fine for me. Later RJD
Nice Monte!
WW
Old 09-15-2015, 08:46 PM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
That's a pretty big file...

When an image that size gets loaded our software reduces the file size anyway in deference to mobile users with lower bandwidth. Please try reducing the image size and total file size - keep it under 1 meg if possible. My guess is that the failures are either our server timing out or your provider. Most providers have some throttling in place during high use periods.
I can upload the same pic anywhere else I have tried... Ram forum... facebook, etc. My file size has no bearing on if it fails... everything fails.
WW
Old 09-15-2015, 08:53 PM   #27

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobHanke View Post
Look here: Speakeasy Speed Test - Powered by MegaPath
or here: Speedtest.net by Ookla - The Global Broadband Speed Test to see if your Internet provider is delivering what they should.
Also do a full reboot....shut down everything. Restart in this order: modem, router, the pc you want to upload from and later everything else that normally runs. If others share with you, make sure someone is not playing an online game or downloading something at the same time.
Thanks BH, attached speed results from home. Everyone is not considering I can't upload any pictures, from two PCs, and my smart phone, which runs 3G at home on Verizon. I'd show you my screen shot, but....
WW
Old 09-15-2015, 08:54 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChipBruce View Post
My usual method did not work so trying an earlier suggestion. Looks like that worked! Thanks, I learned a new skill
What do you mean CB?
WW
Old 09-15-2015, 08:59 PM   #29

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
You can send me a PM if you have an admin issue or you can use the contact us link at the bottom of the page.

But regarding the images... A 3 meg file is very large and while it's possible to load them, as a courtesy to those on slow connections we ask that you reduce image sizes please.

I don't know that our server is timing out, it could also be your ISP or any number of other variables. I do know that if you upload large images our software will reduce the file sizes some, but there is processing time. If you upload multiple large files to the same post, they may be refused by the server as we have some limits in place to prevent DOS attacks.
Thanks JH. Like I've said here, file size has nothing to do with it. I can upload one 25K picture and it fails. It fails from verizon wireless on my smart phone as well. Pictures taken on phone and sony camera, it doesnt matter. No pictures can be uploaded at any time. It worked perfectly a week ago, and all of a sudden nothing. If you have an idea for me to try, PM me if you would be so kind.
Thanks, WW
Old 09-15-2015, 11:04 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by WolfWhistle View Post
Thanks JH. Like I've said here, file size has nothing to do with it. I can upload one 25K picture and it fails. It fails from verizon wireless on my smart phone as well. Pictures taken on phone and sony camera, it doesnt matter. No pictures can be uploaded at any time. It worked perfectly a week ago, and all of a sudden nothing. If you have an idea for me to try, PM me if you would be so kind.
Thanks, WW
I have never changed anything on my end, I have 4g and I still get the time out message 4 out of 5 times. I just keep doing it until it post. It has nothing to do with us and our speed it has to do with the forum IT and capacity. It will just get stuck and won't upload. I have not changed anything in 4 years but all week couldn't upload a picture the first time....

Rockwood #8289 WS 2012
F250 6.0 / Husky 16k
With 4 point leveling system
Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pictures