Old 09-16-2015, 03:15 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I have never changed anything on my end, I have 4g and I still get the time out message 4 out of 5 times. I just keep doing it until it post. It has nothing to do with us and our speed it has to do with the forum IT and capacity. It will just get stuck and won't upload. I have not changed anything in 4 years but all week couldn't upload a picture the first time....
I'm in the boat with ya!

If I were to reduce the size of the file down to 1 mb, how is that done?

Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:07 PM   #32
Site Team

Can those of you who are having trouble post up some info about your systems and who your internet provider is?

image test below: Small, med and large images
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	photo 2.JPG
Views:	56
Size:	73.0 KB
ID:	88919   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSCF0078.jpg
Views:	48
Size:	284.9 KB
ID:	88920  
Attached Images

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 06:09 PM   #33
Fulltime family RVer

I had issues last night with the iOS Tapatalk app on an iPhone 6+. It worked for one picture, didn't work 3 or 4 times, and then worked for 2 more.

Internet provider was either AT&T or Verizon. I'm not sure if I was on my hotspot at the time or not.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:17 PM   #34

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
It is your timer server timing out, I get this all the time , it might take 5x's to make it work. Why don't your IT guy or gal get it fixed? it's an aggravating thing. By the way Janet how do I send PM to all moderators at the same time? thanks for your help. Also what is the admin. address? Thank you
I agree with Glenn. The server times out. Last weekend on a LTE connection no problems updating dropbox or installing patches on CC 2015. The FRF site would not allow me to upload a 50 k cell phone picture. The server constantly gives errors and database errors. There is ad space on this site so paying for more server space or hosting shouldn't be a big issue with all the impressions on the pages here.

In my case Rogers Wireless. Using FRF app running side loaded on a Blackberry Z30. A Macbook Pro using Safari Web browser. Also Windows 10 using Edge Browser. The iPad app using a iPad 4 on Rogers LTE network. The Laptops are running a Rogers Cable Internet connection 100 meg down and 15 meg up.
Old 09-16-2015, 06:19 PM   #35
Fulltime family RVer

Quote:
Originally Posted by B and B View Post
There is ad space on this site so paying for more server space or hosting shouldn't be a big issue with all the impressions on the pages here.
Not to derail the thread, but those ads aren't paid on impression, they're actual clicks. Worse news for forums - ad clicks for "regular" sites are usually only around 2%, but a forum is usually in the < 0.5% range.
Old 09-16-2015, 09:11 PM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Can those of you who are having trouble post up some info about your systems and who your internet provider is?

AT&T DSL (can't lie about what speed because I don't know)
Explorer 8.1

But I was able to watch some YouTube this afternoon will only a little buffering.

Just tried a pic that was 1.87 MB and it failed. If I were to make the pics "smaller", how do you do that?
Nights camped 2016 = 25
Nights camped 2017 = 13
Timex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2015, 09:46 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Timex View Post
AT&T DSL (can't lie about what speed because I don't know)
Explorer 8.1

But I was able to watch some YouTube this afternoon will only a little buffering.

Just tried a pic that was 1.87 MB and it failed. If I were to make the pics "smaller", how do you do that?
Hey T, I have a free version of Light Image Resizer. You can change various image files to what you want.
WW
Old 09-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #38

Hey Janet H,
You said something about a "denial of service" attack. I'm fully aware of what this is. What if the FRF systems considered that when I uploaded 4 pictures (hypothetically speaking) and after defending itself, my account or my email IP address was flagged? Would it permanently block me? Can this be referred your service provider or the tech who manages router/firewall/servers, please?

My provider is Windstream with adsl at 3.0Mb/s my PC is Windows 8.1 (the other computer Windows 8.2. My cell provider is Straight Talk (Walmart using Verizon network at 3G). I have an Alcatel android. In case it was something in my phone, I blew it away and have no non-google apps in it. No FRF app, nada. If it gets fixed, I will load FRF app again.
WW
Old 09-16-2015, 09:56 PM   #39

I usually have problems with pics as well, but it worked today. Took pic with HTC android, sent to email, then saved to document folder on PC. then on forum I went to Advanced, browsed to the folder, clicked on the pic and the jpg was noted next to the browse button and it showed up in my post. Lucky me!
Old 09-16-2015, 10:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post

JanetH, I checked and I have 202 uploaded images @ 24.9M since I joined. Is there a ceiling or max number, or max combined file size?
WW

Tags
pictures