Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-21-2017, 06:02 PM   #1

I can't use forum

I can't sign in or post in Safari or Chrome, when I use Firefox I get script errors. Safari says there are too many redirects to open the page.

I can only use this forum from the app on my phone.

Is there anything I can do to get this forum working on my laptop?
Old 03-21-2017, 06:24 PM   #2

Sounds like a problem with your laptop.
I'm on a laptop using Chrome and have no problem accessing this site. I also use Chrome to access the site from my tablet with no problem.

Living somewhere in ID; previously lived in Moab UT; previous to that, don't ask!
f5moab is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 06:29 PM   #3

I have a mac book, only a year old. Not sure what to look for to fix it. I don't have any issues with any other website. Just this one.
Old 03-21-2017, 10:15 PM   #4

Try dumping the histories. I've hit this problem before on my Macs and that fixed it.
2009 Ram 2500 5.7/3:73
cmac7203 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2017, 10:59 PM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Most of our mods are not well versed in Macs so I am going to send this to tech support for you.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 09:20 AM   #6

I cleared history and cache, no luck. Here is message "safari can't open page - too many redirects occurred trying to open. "http://forestriverforums/newreply.pho? Do=newreply&amo;noquote=1&p=1445548". This might occur if you open a page that is redirected to open another page which then is redirected to open the original page.
Old 03-22-2017, 10:51 AM   #7
Site Team

Unfortunately, we don't use Macs either, but clearing the cache/history has fixed the problem for other members.

Your account is fine.

Adios, Dirk

Quote:
Originally Posted by asquared View Post
Most of our mods are not well versed in Macs so I am going to send this to tech support for you.
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 10:53 AM   #8

I did that and it didn't help me. Will the app work on my iPad? My phone seems to be the only place I can use it.
Old 03-22-2017, 11:02 AM   #9

Send a message via AIM to B and B
I use Mac all the time and have issues. In Safari the page loads extremely slow at times but does get there. Using Chrome is an option as well. If you are using any type of Adware or popup blocker that will kill Mac use of this site.

Your mac needs to be cleaned out, sound like something is slowing things down to the point of not loading.

I also use PC/ iPad. Android/ iPhone running native FRF app and have no issues.

This site is here because of Ads, that pays the bills. How about adding some extra RAM or stack another server on to make this site faster.....

Possibly download a copy of Opera and use this for FRF, might be faster only used for this site.
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
B and B is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:28 PM   #10

I'm using Firefox without any problem!
kraftengr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:40 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kraftengr View Post
I'm using Firefox without any problem!
^x2 When I try to view on my Samsung Phone I get taptalk not available at this time, but I can use it on my Samsung tablet. Wish I could help you.

2015 23 BD Gray Wolf
2008 Dodge Ram 2500 TX Edition 2015 - 7 nights, 2 trips, 2016 - 2 trip, 24 nights, 2017 1 trip, 3 nights 2018 1 trip, 93 nights

mdstudey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 12:56 PM   #12

Good morning Fred.
mike.t is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2017, 03:35 PM   #13
jkoenig24

I have a Mac but generally, I use Chrome browser. I just tried to load this page in Safari and, I was able to do so (it DID seem to load slower than in Chrome, though). That would indicate to me that there is a "hiccup" in your Mac. I have SIX browsers installed on my MBP (Chrome, Firefox, Maxthon, Opera, Safari & Tor). When I experience a snag with one browser, I'm quickly able to try another. I would recommend you have at least one other browser installed (personally, I'd say to install Chrome AND Firefox in addition to Safari). You might also try resetting the PRAM (Parameter RAM). Do that by restarting your Mac and immediately holding down the Option+Command+P+R keys. Continue holding these four keys down until you hear the Start Up Chime THREE times. After the third chime sounds, release all four keys and, the computer will continue to start up normally. Resetting the PRAM can clear "ghosts" in a machine.

If you do install and try another browser, you can easily make it you default browser it that browser's "Preferences" (presuming you like the new browser). That way, any link you click on would then open in the browser you prefer.

In your travels, the next time you're near an Apple Store, stop in and a staff member can run a free diagnostic on your mac.
jkoenig24 is offline   Reply With Quote