Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-01-2017, 02:13 PM   #1

I have to LOGIN constantly...

Windows 10, HP laptop, everything updated, chrome browser...

I have been using chrome to get on the forum with my laptop since I joined a couple of years ago. I have always logged in once, and while the browser stays open never have to LOGIN again, UNTIL the browser closes or I reboot... until the last couple of weeks. The Remember Me check box never remembers me anymore and is always unchecked.

Now, I have to LOGIN constantly... several times a day... whenever I stop using the website for any period of time. If I come back to chrome browser to an open chrome forum page, when I click on another post it will ask me to LOGIN again.

A couple of days ago, I logged in, read a post then replied... I had to stop for dinner during the post, and later when I hit SUBMIT reply, the site wanted me to LOGIN AGAIN... when I did, my reply was gone. OUCH, as it was a long reply.

I finally went to Firefox and the LOGIN problem went away. Other forums I belong to, that I have to login to have not acted up like this, and remain the same as they always have. I use Firefox now ONLY for this forum.

ANY IDEAS? My default browser remains chrome and I want to stay that way.

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:41 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by rsdata View Post
Windows 10, HP laptop, everything updated, chrome browser...

I have been using chrome to get on the forum with my laptop since I joined a couple of years ago. I have always logged in once, and while the browser stays open never have to LOGIN again, UNTIL the browser closes or I reboot... until the last couple of weeks. The Remember Me check box never remembers me anymore and is always unchecked.

Now, I have to LOGIN constantly... several times a day... whenever I stop using the website for any period of time. If I come back to chrome browser to an open chrome forum page, when I click on another post it will ask me to LOGIN again.

A couple of days ago, I logged in, read a post then replied... I had to stop for dinner during the post, and later when I hit SUBMIT reply, the site wanted me to LOGIN AGAIN... when I did, my reply was gone. OUCH, as it was a long reply.

I finally went to Firefox and the LOGIN problem went away. Other forums I belong to, that I have to login to have not acted up like this, and remain the same as they always have. I use Firefox now ONLY for this forum.

ANY IDEAS? My default browser remains chrome and I want to stay that way.
Let me download chrome on my windows 10 computer and see if I can recreate the problem.

It sounds like Chrome is not storing the site cookies, which is what keeps you logged in.

Have you possibly added any kind of ad blocking programs/extensions lately?

This youtube video may help on what to check, and to make sure you don't have Chrome cookies only set until you close the browser:

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-01-2017, 05:52 PM   #3

thx wmtire...
pic is from chrome browser settings...
I have changed nothing that I can think of...

the thing that bothers me most, is that I can have a forum browser window open in a tab, go to email and click on a forum link in the daily email, it will open another browser window tab (as it always has) but will ask me to LOGIN or I have to suffer the ads in every post...

as I said never has done that before
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fr02.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	36.5 KB
ID:	133543  

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-01-2017, 05:59 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
thx wmtire...
pic is from chrome browser settings...
I have changed nothing that I can think of...

the thing that bothers me most, is that I can have a forum browser window open in a tab, go to email and click on a forum link in the daily email, it will open another browser window tab (as it always has) but will ask me to LOGIN or I have to suffer the ads in every post...

as I said never has done that before
You seem to have the setting correct, that I'm looking for.

OK, let's try this.

Log out of FRF and close it's window.

Now can you click on that "all cookies and site data" tab in chrome settings screenshot you showed. If you see any Forest River forums cookies, see if you can delete them. We are trying to get rid of a possible corrupt cookie too this way.

Restart Chrome, restart FRF, you should definitely need to log in again since you hopefully cleared all FRF cookies.

See if the problems stays or goes away.

If you can't clear the FRF cookies that way, you can also try this:

To clear existing cookies:
  • Go to 'Tools Menu'
  • Click on 'Options'
  • Click on 'Under the Hood'
  • Under 'Privacy' section select "Show Cookies'
  • A new window should open called 'Cookies' In here you can see all the cookies within your Google Chrome Browser.
  • Click on "Remove All" to remove all traces of cookies
  • If you wish to only remove a certain cookie, simply highlight and click "Remove"

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 04-01-2017, 06:41 PM   #5

thx again for taking the time to help

I did delete the cookies using your first option...

I have two browsers open... Firefox which is where I am looking at this thread and chrome where I am working on the problem.

see attachments 1,2,3 and 4

I opened first this thread via email notification, and logged in

then I opened a second thread via an earlier email notification...
I AGAIN had to login to get rid of ads...

so no change of the problem... BUT I am learning more about dealing with cookies...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	fr03.jpg
Views:	63
Size:	24.4 KB
ID:	133547   Click image for larger version

Name:	fr04.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	133548   Click image for larger version

Name:	fr05.jpg
Views:	70
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	133549   Click image for larger version

Name:	fr06.jpg
Views:	56
Size:	9.7 KB
ID:	133550  

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-01-2017, 06:44 PM   #6

PS

I refreshed chrome browser to see my previous post to you AND had to LOGIN again...

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-01-2017, 06:49 PM   #7
Site Team

Dis you clear all the cookies for FRF, your screenshot show there are two places they are being stored, 15 cookies in total. 9 in one place, 6 in another?

Old 04-01-2017, 07:08 PM   #8

wmtire...
YES, I did delete both of those cookie locations...

HOWEVER... while waiting for your communication I read this thread
Ad's and scripts causing page to become painfully slow or freeze.

specifically post #5 (I think)

I found my chrome browser had my Flash player plugin turned OFF... NO CHECK in box

I checked the box and restarted and the problem went away...

not sure what problems I will now have, BUT it is working now...

will report back on this thread if I have anymore problems/solutions...

THX again

Roger

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-02-2017, 02:23 PM   #9

LOGIN problem UPDATE

FInding the Flash was not turned on for my chrome browser FIXED my problem with having to login all the time...

BUT

taking another suggestion from a member, I also searched for

AD BLOCKER PLUS for CHROME

found it at the google store and downloaded and installed it...

NOW NO MORE VIDEO ADS that really eat up my limited 5 MEG download (and sometimes slower ) speed.

The FR Forum site now loads much faster and responds much quicker.

Firefox it seems if that is your browser choice also works well with no ads native... but I choose to use chrome.

thanks to all the members with their expertise and special thx to wmtire that jumped right in to help... I had been fighting this LOGIN problem for about two weeks hoping it would resolve itself.

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-02-2017, 02:57 PM   #10

I am going through the same thing having to log into everything over and over again. I think it is something about windows 10, but haven't found anything to help fix it.
Good luck in fixing it and by all means please share the answer if you find it. It has gotten so bad I am think about going back to windows 7.
Wattsworld is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 06:45 PM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
I am going through the same thing having to log into everything over and over again. I think it is something about windows 10, but haven't found anything to help fix it.
Good luck in fixing it and by all means please share the answer if you find it. It has gotten so bad I am think about going back to windows 7.
He did fix the problem:

Quote:
FInding the Flash was not turned on for my chrome browser FIXED my problem with having to login all the time.
Iwritecode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:00 PM   #12
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wattsworld View Post
I use this forum on several devices including one of my PC's and a laptop which run Windows 10. Neither give me problems.

I also use several different browsers at times just to compare and be sure everything loads as expected.

Make sure you understand the settings on whatever browser you are using.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2017, 07:03 PM   #13

Wattsworld

I did fix the problem... read posts 9 and 10 or 8 and 9... whatever

If you need help PM me with your email address and we can correspond directly... I can help you...

Roger

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-02-2017, 07:24 PM   #14

5picker

I would thank you for the help but I could find no help in your post... just made me feel stupid...

2014 Shamrock 183
Old 04-02-2017, 07:52 PM   #15
Pickin', Campin', Mason

Sorry, it wasn't meant that way and in reality, wasn't even directed at you which is why I quoted Wattsworld's post.

Wattsworld mentioned he believed his problems were Windows 10 related.

I was simply pointing out that I am using Windows 10 with no issues.

Days Camped '19=118 '20=116 '21=123 '22=134 '23=118 '24=90
5picker is offline   Reply With Quote