Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-06-2013, 11:36 AM   #1
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Live chat module

This is a question for the Admins ... Most BB software packages include some type of live chat module. Is there any plans to activate it add a chat module here on FRF?
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:04 PM   #2
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Fuel for thought on this request...

Opportunity for manufacturer reps to have pre scheduled live Q&A sessions.

Opportunity for various groups (i.e. FROG) to have live planning +/or Q&A sessions.

Opportunity for membership to just chat about life and what's going on.

Anyway I thought this might be a nice add if everyone was interested and the Admins had the capabilities to add this functionality.
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 12:54 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
jonnys_walkers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: Vancouver Island
Posts: 267
Sounds good to me.
__________________
Never enough camping!!
jonnys_walkers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 01:08 PM   #4
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Sounds fun to me.
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:06 PM   #5
Member
 
Glockfanjohn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Northeast Ohio
Posts: 81
I am all for that...I think it would be a get feature !!!!!
__________________
Best,

John
2009 Silverado w/5000 lbs airbags and P3 controller.
2013 Rockwood 2702SS
US Army Veteran
Glockfanjohn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 02:16 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,169
I am thinking the opportunity to rant would be too hard to resist.

Reps and Techs don't post for the most part (there are exceptions who have "outed" themselves); I doubt they would hold free online seminars.

Will keep an open mind however.
__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:11 PM   #7
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
I am thinking the opportunity to rant would be too hard to resist.

Reps and Techs don't post for the most part (there are exceptions who have "outed" themselves); I doubt they would hold free online seminars.

Will keep an open mind however.
Herk,

Your points are all potentialy valid. Please allow me to offer a counter point...

On other sites (my cruising site or Yahoo for example) I have seen reps or company execs hold live Q&A sessions to great success. There is always the potential for trolls or disgruntled consumers to show up and create a fuss. However ... how is that different from in person sessions? How many times did Romney or Obama get heckled at campaign stops for example?

I was thinking it would be a really nice add to the site. A chance for some of us to get to know others a little better and easier. I for one would love to converse with folks like yourself, turbo, old coot and rajun cajun (to name a few) who have enriched my RV'g experience with their know how and advise.

Thanks for the consideration
__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:23 PM   #8
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,337
Quote:
Originally Posted by DnD View Post

Herk,

Your points are all potentialy valid. Please allow me to offer a counter point...

On other sites (my cruising site or Yahoo for example) I have seen reps or company execs hold live Q&A sessions to great success. There is always the potential for trolls or disgruntled consumers to show up and create a fuss. However ... how is that different from in person sessions? How many times did Romney or Obama get heckled at campaign stops for example?

I was thinking it would be a really nice add to the site. A chance for some of us to get to know others a little better and easier. I for one would love to converse with folks like yourself, turbo, old coot and rajun cajun (to name a few) who have enriched my RV'g experience with their know how and advise.

Thanks for the consideration
Thanks for the "props" !

I to think that an "open" chat session would be a great addition to frf.

Other helpful advice I can think of....

Open at certain times.... 5pm to 9pm on certain days so someone could fully monitor at all times.

Strict chat rules

I for one would enjoy an open chat session

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
Join Date: Apr 2011
Location: South West PA
Posts: 2,947
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Thanks for the "props" !

I to think that an "open" chat session would be a great addition to frf.

Other helpful advice I can think of....

Open at certain times.... 5pm to 9pm on certain days so someone could fully monitor at all times.

Strict chat rules

I for one would enjoy an open chat session

Turbs
X-2
Lets talk
__________________
grayfox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
DnD
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
DnD's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: Phoenix, AZ
Posts: 1,175
Quote:
Originally Posted by f1100turbo View Post
Thanks for the "props" !

I to think that an "open" chat session would be a great addition to frf.

Other helpful advice I can think of....

Open at certain times.... 5pm to 9pm on certain days so someone could fully monitor at all times.

Strict chat rules

I for one would enjoy an open chat session

Turbs
You're welcome for the props...well deserved!

I don't think we need to limit the chat room hours. IRV2's chat rooms (for example) are open at all times as far as I can tell. If people abuse it then they could lose the priviledge to use it.

For liability and monitoring purposes most admins of chat rooms retain all chat sessions. So having an online moderator is not really needed usually. However if we users have the ability to report abuse then transcripts can be reviewed and actions taken if warranted.

I understand that that approach doesn't stop the abuse when it happens...but we are all big boys and girls and have the ability to ignore or "change the channel" if we don't like what we are seeing.
__________________

__________________
Dan n Dione

TV: 2012 Ram 3500 Laramie CC LB 4x4 DRW
RV: 2013 Crusader 325RES Touring Edition
Days Camped: 2012 (3) 2013 (22)
Next Trip: Mission Bay, CA 6/6 - 6/9
DnD is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:56 AM.