Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-07-2015, 01:11 PM   #1

lost again

I have not been on this site that much and I seem to be having a lot of trouble finding where to go to find what I want. I received an email saying that my email was reported as spam and they shut it off. It is not spam. How do I get my email to work again on this site? I get daily emails with new postings on them. And where would I go to find any emails on this site?
Ham Camper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 01:15 PM   #2
Site Team

Just to clarify you are speaking about email and not the Private Messaging system, correct?

Emails would go to the email account you have listed in your profile. There's no email option here on site expect for giving other members the option to see you an email to a outside account like Yahoo.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:15 PM   #3

Well now that you say that I guess it was my outside email address they were talking about. Not the messaging inside here. Like I said I received the email and I did not really read it thoroughly at the time because I was busy and started wondering exactly what had happened.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:17 PM   #4

Where do I go to find my acct? Where I can change stuff?? I know I was in there before but I cannot find it for some dumb reason.
Old 06-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #5

Here part of a msg I received explaining it:

Basically you received it because at some point you marked an e-mail notification sent from the forum as "spam" in your e-mail. When you mark mail as spam a report is sent to our e-mail provider (smtp.com) and your e-mail provider. If they get several of these they begin blocking all mail sent from our address to anyone with the same e-mail provider. For example: if you are an aol user and mark forum mail as spam, aol begins to block mail from us to ALL aol e-mail addresses and this begins to affect other forum members with aol accounts.
You can control how much mail you get from the forum in your user cp (look for edit option) but in the case of subscription notifications (which is the bulk of the e-mail sent) simply selecting "no subscription e-mails" is not enough to stop mail. You also have to remove the old, already existing subscriptions because this change only affects subscribed threads moving forward, not the ones you've already subscribed to. This is fairly complex to do and so we have given you a link (in the original notice) to disable or enable all e-mail. We are glad you're a member and hope you continue to participate, We take spam complaints seriously and just want to make sure that we are providing members with the tools they need to manage their accounts.
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 07:23 PM   #6
Moderator Emeritus

You want to go to User CP to adjust your profile. that link is at the upper left in the light green bar.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 12:43 PM   #7

Thanks for the info. I am 99% sure that I DID NOT mark anything as spam. But I will make sure it isn't me. I do enjoy this site and I have learned a lot. It is just not as straight forward as a lot of sites I visit. Maybe I am just getting too old !!
Old 06-11-2015, 02:05 PM   #8

I have yahoo verizon, it sometimes automatically marks some email as spam
Broadway Joe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-2015, 07:41 PM   #9

I sure wonder what happened. But all seems ok now Thanks!!