Old 11-17-2015, 09:05 AM   #31
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by CharSolera View Post
I'm glad to see this, but I can't get the link to open. Where is the thread located (main forum heading)?
It's in the motorhome section.

Try this link:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/f242/

I've invented a new word. "Plagiarism"
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:15 AM   #32

Weird. Can't get either of the links to open on my phone or tablet and can't see the forum listed under 'motorhomes.' Thank you for the speedy reply. I'll try later from my laptop.

CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 09:28 AM   #33
Site Team

Quote:
Weird. Can't get either of the links to open on my phone or tablet and can't see the forum listed under 'motorhomes.' Thank you for the speedy reply. I'll try later from my laptop.
Thanks for letting us know about this, so we can look into it.

Old 11-17-2015, 02:06 PM   #34
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Hmmm, both wmtire's and my link open OK on my desktop. Might just be a phone or tablet thing. Just go to the Motor Home forum, and you should see the new MBS subforum.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2015, 04:18 PM   #35

It shows up on my phone now, but still not on the tablet.
CharSolera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2015, 02:05 PM   #36
Site Team

Please try cycling your device off and then on or even emptying your cache.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 04:14 PM   #37
Site Team

As you may have seen, we created a MBS subforum, but this still isn't really accomplishing the goal, which is to have the Mercedes Benz models together, so that that the members can ask questions and share collective wisdom without having to peruse several different forums.

We are still tweaking on this, and trying to find a way to make it work best. There doesn't seem to be a "perfect" solution.

The title of the subsection needs to be as simple and short as possible, yet guide newbies there from the name also.

Let me run this idea by ya. Since it appears all the Forest River Class C diesels are only using the Mercedes Benz chassis types, would it work to just make ONE subsection and name it "ALL Class C diesels"?

This would include all of the Solera topics and it's rebadged MBS variants of the Sunseeker and Forester...and also include the diesel Coachmen and Prism? We also have the Dynamax Isata 3 built on the MBS, which could be put in the ALL Class C diesels section.

Isata 3 Motorhomes by Forest River RV

The thinking is, that anyone who owns a Class C diesel, will know they have a diesel..... and by not having brand names in the title, it should not confuse them on where to post appropriately (although it will still happen, but it does on many other subjects too)

Thoughts?

Old 11-28-2015, 08:22 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Thoughts?
That sounds like a much better solution to me. Keeping all the Class C Diesels in one place will make it easier for everyone.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 10:37 PM   #39

Not sure about Dynamax in with the other 3 almost identical units. Dynamax is a division of FR but Coachmen is also a division of FR so do you include the Prism too? Some of these "division of FR" have their own forums as I believe Coachmen does. It is my understanding that Dynamax and Coachmen have different construction and separate manufacturing facilities.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-28-2015, 11:28 PM   #40
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Not sure about Dynamax in with the other 3 almost identical units. Dynamax is a division of FR but Coachmen is also a division of FR so do you include the Prism too? Some of these "division of FR" have their own forums as I believe Coachmen does. It is my understanding that Dynamax and Coachmen have different construction and separate manufacturing facilities.
And this is the crux. If we get hung up on the brand names thing again, then Forester and Sunseeker, along with the Solera...all have their own forums as does Dynamax, Coachmen, etc.

What we are attempting to do is NOT necessarily attempt to put an almost unworkable and confusing situation of EXACT identical models in one forum called the MBS.... but group ALL the Class C diesels together since they are ALL on Mercedes Benz chassis...and thus share that similiarity.

It seems if we can't get over the brand names using the MBS, then we are going to have to stay with the status quo...and keep each particular brand using the MBS in it's own forum.

Is a Coachmen MBS more similar to your MBS Sunseeker, than a Sunseeker on a Ford Chassis is?