Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-29-2015, 12:51 AM   #41

Have you seen a lot of complaints about the new MBS forum? I have seen many positive comments. I also haven't seen anyone say they are confused.
I think we need to hear more from Solera/MBS owners before there is a change.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 04:39 AM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by SSmbs View Post
Have you seen a lot of complaints about the new MBS forum? I have seen many positive comments. I also haven't seen anyone say they are confused.
I think we need to hear more from Solera/MBS owners before there is a change.

I'm not sure I am following you here. What we are asking about is exactly what you posted below:

Quote:
Just found this thread. For the past year I have been posting and looking at the Solera forum for information on my Sunseeker MBS. Renaming the Solera forum to some MBS name would be beneficial to all MBS based owners.
We are seeing if renaming the Solera forum to "All Class C Diesels" would work best, and then put all the Forest River Mercedes Benz Class C's in the ONE subforum. We are trying to combine them all into ONE place, which is what we understood the owners of these wanted with the start of this thread, including yourself.

The way it is now, is we still have a Solera forum, and a separate MBS forum. Wouldn't these two being together work better?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 10:40 AM   #43

I misunderstood. I thought you just wanted to rename the new MBS forum. I didn't realize you wanted to end the Solera forum and include it in your proposed forum. If this happens I would suggest not using the terminology Class C. I have noticed some dealers use Class B or B+ to describe the MBS/Solera without a bed up front.
SSmbs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 11:55 AM   #44
Site Team

We probably don't need to get caught up in some dealer semantics and what they may refer to something. Forest River calls the Solera a Class C, as well as the Sunseeker and Forester.

by Forest River RV

so does Coachmen for the Prism:

http://coachmenrv.com/product-detail...D=53&Image=742

and Dynamax for the Isata3

http://www.dynamaxcorp.com/product-d...28&Image=12474

Forest River calls all of them Class C's, so should we.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-29-2015, 01:14 PM   #45
Site Team

Quote:
Not sure about Dynamax in with the other 3 almost identical units.
The current Dynamax MBS is on a "W" floor plan just like my Sunseeker. Just a whole lot of fancier trim...and a larger LP tank. This is more "badge engineering" by FR marketing. This is no different than what was done by car makers such as Ford with the Ford Explorer, Mercury Mountaineer and Lincoln Aviator. Same basic vehicle with different trim and some option differences. The Prism doesn't share as much commonality as the other four variants but it is still a Sprinter.

Renaming the existing Solera Forum in to Class C MBS Diesels, or something along that line, is the best idea to keep all the info together and make it easy for the new folks to find IMHO...
Old 09-18-2016, 08:24 AM   #46

Maybe I'm just thick, but I think this consolidation of forums is confusing.

I recently tried to research something for a friend with a new Prism. I had to sort thru a bunch of posts about every other body model mounted on a sprinter chassis to find out something peculiar to a prism.

I think the the MB forum should deal only with chassis related topics and give each body model its own forum.

This problem will only get worse as more info is posted.

Do I have any support here?
Old 09-18-2016, 08:30 AM   #47
Site Team

Try doing a search for Prism for your friend.

Nights Camped: '13 = 49/'14 = 74/'15 = 74/'16 = 85/'17 = 110/'18 = 111/'19 = 86/'20 =108/'21 = 115/'22 = 135/'23 = 78; Booked for 2024 = 69
Mr. Dan is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 08:42 AM   #48

I hear you re how the search part is a bit frustrating. Sometimes it is easier to re-ask the question. Some may not like that approach. However, I think it will reslt in a quicker answer.If its a Prism owner, we have a group of about 15 Prism owners who will send out email questions and see if someone has encountered the same issue.... In the MBS part- I think including the word "Prism" in the subject like helps everyone now and in the future (search)

2015 Coachmen Prism 24J MBS
USN-R '01-present
MarsMan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2016, 06:33 PM   #49

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Dan View Post
Try doing a search for Prism for your friend.
Can I do a search that will return ONLY posts about the camera that include the word prism? i.e Boolean Prism AND camera?

If so will it find Prism in the authors signature, or only in the title or message?