Old 03-20-2015, 08:18 AM   #1

MBS specific forum?

What is the process for requesting a new forum? The MBS platform deserves its own home rather than being split between the Solera (which is being discontinued) and the Forester forums.

Thank you!

Old 03-20-2015, 09:12 AM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericlakin View Post
What is the process for requesting a new forum? The MBS platform deserves its own home rather than being split between the Solera (which is being discontinued) and the Forester forums.

Thank you!
Requesting a specific forum is the start, just like you have done.

The site administrators try to keep the forums as tidy as possible so the members don't have to see the forums overwhelmed (so to speak) with 100's of brand/models, as Forest River, Inc produces.

Every now and again, there is basically a spring cleaning of sorts, and specific forums (brands/models) that really don't have much activity sometimes are grouped into the Forest River manufacturing hierarchy to keep the site more streamlined.....especially if they are very similar in characteristics as many are.

The administrators try their best to accommodate everyone the best they can, and is fully aware that many members do want a forum specifically for their RV's. The admins will attempt to see if there is a lot of a particular type of RV being manufactured; if a new brand/model forum would be utilized by many, or just a few; and how many members on this forum have that particular brand/model.

The admins will now look into these MBS and see if we can make you more pleased with the site, but I believe we may have already broached this subject before.

I've invented a new word. "Plagiarism"
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 01:23 PM   #3

I appreciate the response. With the Solera going away and the Forester MBS and SunSeeker MBS becoming the standards, it seems this is a good opportunity to consolidate so that members can benefit from the shared experiences of others with such similar equipment.

Eric

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Requesting a specific forum is the start, just like you have done.

The site administrators try to keep the forums as tidy as possible so the members don't have to see the forums overwhelmed (so to speak) with 100's of brand/models, as Forest River, Inc produces.

Every now and again, there is basically a spring cleaning of sorts, and specific forums (brands/models) that really don't have much activity sometimes are grouped into the Forest River manufacturing hierarchy to keep the site more streamlined.....especially if they are very similar in characteristics as many are.

The administrators try their best to accommodate everyone the best they can, and is fully aware that many members do want a forum specifically for their RV's. The admins will attempt to see if there is a lot of a particular type of RV being manufactured; if a new brand/model forum would be utilized by many, or just a few; and how many members on this forum have that particular brand/model.

The admins will now look into these MBS and see if we can make you more pleased with the site, but I believe we may have already broached this subject before.
Old 06-01-2015, 01:16 PM   #4

Thought I'd give this another bump. Attracting a larger community of MBS-based Forest River products benefits us all. My dealer says they can't keep Sunseeker and Forester MBS units on their lot, so the population is growing and they will be looking for trustworthy guidance regarding their new toys. Has there been any more discussion on renaming this forum to include all of the Forest River MBS models?
Old 06-01-2015, 02:49 PM   #5

I'll second that bump!

I also believe we need a combined MBS variant forum as well. Today I need to check the Solera, Forester, and Sunseeker forums for new posts on what is basically the same motor home. That isn't very efficient from a members view point or the forums overall structure for that matter.

From everything I've read from FR's reps the Solera brand name is going away and being superceded with the Sunseeker and Forester brand names. Doesn't it make sense to keep all the MBS specific info in one place? This situation is only going to get worse as more Forester / Sunseeker MBS owners start joining the forum.

That's my $.02 worth plus a little probably! And thanks to the forum staff for looking in to this concern.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2015, 02:21 PM   #6

Since taking delivery of my Sunseeker MBS 2400R, we have spent a lot of time on organization of the inside and outside storage spaces. I'd really like to share what we've done, but I'm not sure where to post until these are combined. If I post in the Sunseeker forum, the Forester and Solera folks may not see it. Perhaps there is a more unified forum somewhere that ties them all together to avoid confusion. Or should we be cross-posting to all 3 forums?
Old 06-26-2015, 08:21 AM   #7
Senior Junior Member

I agree with all the above. I have a Sunseeker MBS 2400R on order and have been using the wait time to find out all I can about it. The MBS is a different breed of MH and deserves its own place in the forums. It would be a valuable resource for other MBS owners to share information. Based on the fact that delivery times are many weeks for these units, the numbers are rapidly growing.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:33 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus

The site team is again evaluating the MBS vs. individual Sunseeker and Forester forums.

The problem arises that if the Sunseeker and Forester are grouped in a MBS forum, what happens to the gas Sunseekers and Foesters ?? And would Sunseeker and Forester MBS members want individual forums ?? Specific brand members tend to want to see there brand as a separate forum. Case in point is the Rockwood and Flagstaff brands, which are identical units (except for colol schemes and decals), and even manufactured in the same facility.

The site team will make the decision reflecting what is best for the majority of our Class C members.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2006 Ford F150 Super Cab 4x4
2008 Surveyor 263
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-26-2015, 09:36 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
The problem arises that if the Sunseeker and Forester are grouped in a MBS forum, what happens to the gas Sunseekers and Foesters ??
Absolutely nothing. They would continue working just as they were before FR made the MBS name change. And if there was a MBS specific forum they would not have the MBS folks muddying up their forums.

Quote:
And would Sunseeker and Forester MBS members want individual forums ??
I would not...but that is just me. Per bclemens there is no significant difference in the brands except for some trim. All the mechanics, electrical, chassis, etc is the same. I don't see the need for two forums when the only difference between brands is trim and colors.

Quote:
Case in point is the Rockwood and Flagstaff brands, which are identical units (except for colol schemes and decals), and even manufactured in the same facility.
Bingo! The MBS variants fit that same description perfectly. Since similar popups and A-Frames are not separated by brand on this forum, why should the MBS brands be any different? IMHO you just helped make the case for having one MBS forum in that statement...

Right now I have to look in three forums for information about one vehicle... That does not make any sense from a members viewpoint nor from a forum organization view. And as the other MBS variants become more common it will be even more of a mess for new members trying to find information.
I'll get off my soapbox now...

Thank you, and the other members of the site team, for looking in to this issue.

RedLdr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2015, 12:28 PM   #10

What ever you decide, keep in mind a good percentage of posts currently deal with specific reference to the Sprinter chassis. Be it maint., accessories installed, etc. So you need to segregate Sprinter based Forest River products on that premis, and meld that with the wealth of knowledege already resident in the Solera forum. Just sayin'