Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-06-2018, 08:30 PM   #1
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,061
New Classifieds Page Today!

We have been busy building a new classifieds page for FRF and today it's live although we're still tweaking the page. You can see the tab at the top of the page: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using this page:

Posting ads:
Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.

When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in the new classifieds forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. . There is no "new thread" button in the classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and ad photos or additional text.

Problem ads
There is a button on an ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take and needed action.

We moved ads some recent ads to the new page but older ads will need to be reloaded by members. The old classifieds forums are still displaying but have been closed to further posts. At some point we will hide these entirely.

Ask as you have questions or if you see issues that need to be addressed.
__________________

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2018, 10:35 PM   #2
Senior Member - Retired
 
Join Date: Jun 2014
Location: Yorba Linda, CA
Posts: 263
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
We have been busy building a new classifieds page for FRF and today it's live although we're still tweaking the page. You can see the tab at the top of the page: https://www.forestriverclassifieds.com/

Here's some basic info about using this page:

Posting ads:
Any FRF member can post a new ad or respond to an existing on and there is no charge.
Ads are posted via the new page but not by using forum threads. Folks can post responses on those ads and use the messaging features on the classifieds page to ask a seller questions.

When a new ad is posted a new thread will be created in the new classifieds forum automatically. It will include a link to the ad itself as well as some of the info from the ad and helps give greater visibility to ads. . There is no "new thread" button in the classifieds forum however as all ads should be placed from the classifieds page.

Logging into the classifieds page:
There is a login button and you can login with your usual info. Tick the 'stay logged in button'

Two-factor authentication:
In order to post an ad for the first time you will need to verify your account via sms (we text you a code which you then paste into the verification field). The new requirement of two-factor authentication is a security measure and while we understand it's an extra step it also is a needed security measure. Scammers are a growing problem in the RV footprint and we want to be proactive about this to help keep members safe.

If you are unable to complete this process and contact us via the contact link at the bottom of the page for some help.

Editing Ads:
Members can edit their ads and ad photos or additional text.

Problem ads
There is a button on an ad to report a problem. This will send an alert to the site team who will check out the issue and take and needed action.

We moved ads some recent ads to the new page but older ads will need to be reloaded by members. The old classifieds forums are still displaying but have been closed to further posts. At some point we will hide these entirely.

Ask as you have questions or if you see issues that need to be addressed.
I like the new Classified Ad set-up. I was caught off guard when the system stripped out special characters such as # and ( ) and - I copied in text form Word and the system dropped a lot of spaces in the text which required re-editing. Overall not a big deal, just something posters need to be aware of and correct as desired.
__________________

__________________
John & Gloria Hunsaker FROG Member CA-0030-988
2014 Georgetown XL 334QS (class A with 4 slides)
2013 Smart Car TOAD
Blue Ox Aventa LX tow bar, base plates, diode kit
SMI Stay-IN-Play Duo auxiliary braking system
25' Off shore blue water fishing boat
CA Fisherman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 06:12 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 104
Any chance of going back to the old classifieds layout? I don't like the new one at all. What was wrong with it anyway?
__________________
2018 Rockwood 2506S 2017 F250 CCSB 6.2L 4x4
whirledpeaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:22 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
moshe1436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Trailers for sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by whirledpeaz View Post
Any chance of going back to the old classifieds layout? I don't like the new one at all. What was wrong with it anyway?
I agree. Where is the ad I place a while back? Have you intentionally deleted some of the older ads?

Mo Sherrill
__________________
Mo and Jeanette
2014 Forest River Salem
Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 02:44 PM   #5
Site Team
 
Flybob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2014
Posts: 8,974
Site admins posted several messages prior to the transition that stated that newer ads would be ported over to the new classified page however older ads would need to be reposted.
__________________

2015 Freedom Express 248RBS
TV 2015 Silverado HD2500 Duramax
TST Tire Monitors
Honda 2000I + Companion
2 100W solar panels
Flybob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:24 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
moshe1436's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Location: Bradenton, FL
Posts: 338
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flybob View Post
Site admins posted several messages prior to the transition that stated that newer ads would be ported over to the new classified page however older ads would need to be reposted.
OK, I guess I didn't see the prior messages that said I need to repost my ad. I will do that. Thanks.

Mo Sherrill
__________________
Mo and Jeanette
2014 Forest River Salem
Cruise-Lite 241 QBXL
moshe1436 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2019, 03:30 PM   #7
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,061
The good news is that you can edit, update and more easily add images.
__________________

Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 12:20 PM.