Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-09-2014, 02:21 PM   #1

New Look

Hate to say this but I like the old format better which moderator wanted this or did they all vote if they had a chance? Or was it up to the web master but someone had to okay it?

Witch Doctor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 02:33 PM   #2

I guess I should have put my post under this instead of starting one called "new look" Please move it to here under this post. Thanks.

Old 11-09-2014, 02:34 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by gljurczyk View Post
I guess I should have put my post under this instead of starting one called "new look" Please move it to here under this post. Thanks.
Now it came up in two different posts?

Old 11-09-2014, 02:42 PM   #4

Gotta love the smooth as 24 grit update/grades.

Old 11-09-2014, 03:00 PM   #5
Site Team

Quote:
Hate to say this but I like the old format better which moderator wanted this or did they all vote if they had a chance? Or was it up to the web master but someone had to okay it?
No moderator voting took place. Technology impacts the need for change. Not too long ago the website was viewed on a PC or laptop. In today's world we can toss in various mobile devices. Just think about how fast our smartphones are changing. Technology is the driving force behind many things in life especially the Internet.

Formerly owned 2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 03:05 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier View Post
No moderator voting took place. Technology impacts the need for change. Not too long ago the website was viewed on a PC or laptop. In today's world we can toss in various mobile devices. Just think about how fast our smartphones are changing. Technology is the driving force behind many things in life including the Internet.
Thanks I still like the old look better, plus there are not really that much change please list the plus that I do not see....Thank you. And I do not have a smart phone just a PC, I use throw away phones by choice,...Thanks for you answer before hand. PS: so you are saying the moderators have no control? Well who does if I may ask as a member? just asking for an explanation someome has to be in control, so you are saying it's the web master trying to improve our web site without any conference?

Old 11-09-2014, 04:01 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Thanks I still like the old look better, plus there are not really that much change please list the plus that I do not see....Thank you. And I do not have a smart phone just a PC, I use throw away phones by choice,...Thanks for you answer before hand. PS: so you are saying the moderators have no control? Well who does if I may ask as a member? just asking for an explanation someome has to be in control, so you are saying it's the web master trying to improve our web site without any conference?
In the original thread Janet explained it best in post #1. Here's the thread. Sounds like there's stuff "under the hood" that might not be as visible. I would recommend contacting an member of the admin team like Herk or Janet H if more feedback is needed.

Old 11-09-2014, 04:04 PM   #8
Site Team - Lou

Don't bother contacting me regarding this.

The intent was to make the web site smoother and faster loading across all platforms.

That is good enough for me.
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 04:40 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Herk7769 View Post
Don't bother contacting me regarding this.

The intent was to make the web site smoother and faster loading across all platforms.

That is good enough for me.
That didn't happen IMO, I agree more with Youroo. That is what we need. But thanks for your time and the rest of the Moderators. It might help if I didn't have to read post that were 2 years old just to fill space. Also you should include in your rules that once a person gets something solved they would let members know what they did to correct the problem. To me that is more important then speed on a smart phone, And you thought you would get out of this....

Old 11-09-2014, 05:01 PM   #10
Site Team

Are you seeing old posts at the top in each forum? Is this the case in all topic areas or just in one ?
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 05:18 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Are you seeing old posts at the top in each forum? Is this the case in all topic areas or just in one
In all topic areas, I can't count the # in all post but once I go to the the first and read the date it's 2 years old. that is before I take the time to help some one with my limited knowledge, but at least I try, Then I say well that was useless. I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time but to change the forum for "TECH" and still post old question just doesn't make sense to me. Lets fix the the answers first. Just IMO, I thank you and all the rest who do this, but other things need fixing First. It's the best forum on the internet for answers from members, and I'm proud to be one, and to be able to help someone. I have learned a ton on this forum. Just as a post today that we should start a new comers corner. I said always check the library first. If it not there or you don't understand please ask your question in a post. Thanks for asking me...

Old 11-09-2014, 05:27 PM   #12

example of what we should do. Todays post
Quote:
Originally Posted by donanddona View Post
I don't want to sugar coat it but your lucky the sliders haven't blown. I suffered this for several stays until "OC" explained. Then found It is a cost savings thingy from the factory. The picture shows the repair while at the river side and yes installing the auto resets worked for me and and and God bless OC for that one too....
Don, OC and everyone else; it was great to find this thread! I just found this forum while I was trying to find the location of my bypass valve (another issue). Anyway, Don, can you tell me what your secured the circuit breakers to in the photo?

I've never owned a trailer and this summer we purchased a Wildcat; damn, there is a lot to learn! Thanks in advance. John

Old 11-09-2014, 06:00 PM   #13

In my experience with websites, I've concluded that those of us "on the keyboards," are NOT the customers. The IT people are the customers. Ten minutes less to create something on the website by IT is more important than the fact that it may add 15 secs by thousands of users who have no control.

Not to badmouth the IT people, but they tend to do what makes their lives easier, not ours. You may recall early in the PC/Internet era that when you went on a site and you needed to take an action, they built a big button that said (essentially) PUSH HERE. It was easy to see and easy to use. Now that they've figured out hyperlinks, they just say, "If you want XYZ, go here." The word here is underlined and usually in a dark blue, but it's usually difficult to find it in the midst of a bunch of other words in black, especially since you've been conditioned to look for a "button." Now it's easier for them to create the hyperlink, but much harder for those of us on the keyboards to see it.

"New technology" is usually the "excuse," but I have my doubts. If it's not easier for the user, then something's wrong, but I see it over and over.

No one should be allowed to create a webpage or application with taking Human Factors 101 first. Unfortunately, that doesn't happen.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:07 PM   #14
Site Team

Many of us tend to use standard settings that comes with the computer rather than personalizing them. Why not select a better color for displaying hyperlinks? Just like adjusting the speed of the mouse we tend to go with what was provided.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:16 PM   #15
(Dry Huunday)

If it makes the site work better, then good!

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:44 PM   #16
Site Team

Quote:
In all topic areas, I can't count the # in all post but once I go to the the first and read the date it's 2 years old. that is before I take the time to help some one with my limited knowledge, but at least I try, Then I say well that was useless. I'm not trying to give anyone a hard time but to change the forum for "TECH" and still post old question just doesn't make sense to me. Lets fix the the answers first. Just IMO, I thank you and all the rest who do this, but other things need fixing First. It's the best forum on the internet for answers from members, and I'm proud to be one, and to be able to help someone. I have learned a ton on this forum. Just as a post today that we should start a new comers corner. I said always check the library first. If it not there or you don't understand please ask your question in a post. Thanks for asking me...
Trying to follow here...

If you open a specific area of the forum - say the Welcome Mat area you should see the newest threads at the top of the forum like this: Click image for larger version

Name:	frf_reverse.jpg
Views:	128
Size:	66.1 KB
ID:	66149

If you are seeing old threads first then you can switch the display order by clicking on the little arrow next to "last Post". This changes the viewing order for that forum.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:45 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrieHunde View Post
If it makes the site work better, then good!
Has it made the site work better in your opinion?

Old 11-09-2014, 06:46 PM   #18

Quote:
Many of us tend to use standard settings that comes with the computer rather than personalizing them. Why not select a better color for displaying hyperlinks? Just like adjusting the speed of the mouse we tend to go with what was provided.
I was/am unaware that the color of hyperlinks can be changed; on the 8 or 9 computers I've had both personally and at work, I've never seen another color. Even if possible, to me it's still a work-around. Human factor the page properly in the first place.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-2014, 06:49 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Trying to follow here...

If you open a specific area of the forum - say the Welcome Mat area you should see the newest threads at the top of the forum like this: Attachment 66149

If you are seeing old threads first then you can switch the display order by clicking on the little arrow next to "last Post". This changes the viewing order for that forum.
Thanks I do that then look at the first post 2 years old with no solution's from the op that helped him that is my point and my point only. The web Master is in charge and shouldn't post old post there, has to be a time that the moderators close it off or put in in archives. Thanks for your info and opinion. Clicking on that just means someone else had made the same mistake as me. I not blaming anybody. But to be told that we are moving forward because of new Tech. means nothing to me.

Old 11-09-2014, 06:53 PM   #20
(Dry Huunday)

Quote:
Has it made the site work better in your opinion?
I haven't had any problems.

Change always upsets us but then in two weeks everyone gets used to it and moves on.

Beau & Sue
FurKid Express
2015 Coachmen Catalina 303RLS
2016 Chevy Silverado LT 2500HD Duramax
The more people I meet, the more I like my dogs!
DreiHunde is offline   Reply With Quote