Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-19-2012, 05:22 PM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
New member problem uploading pictures and avatar.

I am pretty pc savvy and I have formatted my photos to the correct parameters but when I click upload the link goes away and I get no error or anything. This is on every computer I try to use. Can someone help?
__________________

__________________
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
2013 Dutchmen Kodiac 284BHSL
sosdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2012, 05:43 PM   #2
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Did you check on the down arrow beside the paper clip in the "Go Advanced" window to see if there were any attachments listed ??

What browser are you using ??
__________________

__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Posts: 3
I'm using IE9. I'm trying to add an Avitar and an album under UserCP. I don't see a "Go Advanced" button on any window to add images. I do see one during posting messages.
__________________
2013 F150 SVT Raptor
2013 Dutchmen Kodiac 284BHSL
sosdrummer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:07 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,613
Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

See post #12 in the link above. I believe these steps are for using a computer. I'm not sure if the steps would be the same if using a smartphone or device.

If this doesn't help I will be happy to re-do my avitar tomorrow and provide images of each steps. Sometimes seeing a picture will help me to see where I am going wrong or what is different on my end. I'm camping right now so I don't have access to my home computer.
__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terier
Forums 101 - posting, accounts, basics

See post #12 in the link above. I believe these steps are for using a computer. I'm not sure if the steps would be the same if using a smartphone or device.

If this doesn't help I will be happy to re-do my avitar tomorrow and provide images of each steps. Sometimes seeing a picture will help me to see where I am going wrong or what is different on my end. I'm camping right now so I don't have access to my home computer.
Can't change avitar on smart phone .

Pictures can be added simply by pressing "attachments" when replying or making a new thread.

Turbs
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 08:27 PM   #6
Oklahoma Proud
 
MillerTime's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: central OK
Posts: 2,774
I just hit the profile avitar pic on my android app and it asks if I want to use the camera or photo file for the pic. I am using a samsung captivate with the most current update.
For pics there is a 'attachments' button centered right above my keypad as I type
__________________
MillerTime is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2012, 09:01 PM   #7
Phat Phrog Stunt Team
 
TURBS's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2011
Location: Iowa
Posts: 34,336
Quote:
Originally Posted by MillerTime View Post
I just hit the profile avitar pic on my android app and it asks if I want to use the camera or photo file for the pic. I am using a samsung captivate with the most current update.
For pics there is a 'attachments' button centered right above my keypad as I type
huh I'll be jiggered !
learn something new everyday !
__________________
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:45 AM   #8
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by sosdrummer View Post
I'm using IE9. I'm trying to add an Avitar and an album under UserCP. I don't see a "Go Advanced" button on any window to add images. I do see one during posting messages.
My bad.....the "Go Advanced" button is in the post section......I thought you might be trying to post a picture.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:52 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Under settings and options in the User CP:

Edit Avatar. Click Use Custom Avatar. Click Choose File. Find the file on your computer. That file should now be noted beside the "Chose File" button, if that is within the file size parameters. Hit Save Changes and that should do it.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2012, 08:03 PM   #10
Site Team
 
Terier's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Posts: 9,613
Have you tried the steps mtnguy provided? If necessary another option would be to post the picture in this thread and we add it as your avatar for you.
__________________

__________________
Great choice for "Living within my means" and camping for one...

2011 Salem Cruise Lite 20RBXL & 2011 Toyota Tundra Dbl Cab
Camping History: 45 Trips / 133 Nights / 3736 Miles
FRF Social Group: Campers of the West
Terier is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:08 AM.