Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-02-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
Site Team

New Mobile browsing option | Mobile skin

We have a new browsing option to view the site while on mobile devices.

As you know the forum has a mobile app that you can download and use for mobile browsing but we now have a second option as well, with no download needed. The forum has a new mobile view that you can select or unselect.

When you navigate to the site on a mobile device you should see the new mobile skin (unless you are using the mobile app). If you don't have the app loaded on your device you will receive the prompt to download it - you can just dismiss the prompt and continue on to the mobile skin.

If you want to see the full site instead, you can scroll all the way down to the bottom of the page and there is a link to return to the full site view.

The mobile skin is a great option for a small screen and designed to be fast and light. Not every feature of the full site is supported but for daily browsing and posting it should be awesome.

If you are browsing on a large tablet you may not see the mobile skin automatically but again can scroll down to the bottom of the page and select the mobile skin from the style chooser option box (lower left).

Name:   FRF_mobile.jpg
Views: 199
Size:  11.7 KB
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 08:49 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Neat !!! Especially for this ol' boy's phone which is too old to be compatible with the app.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:29 AM   #3

Send a message via ICQ to Cover Dog
Janet H.... Thanks for the explanation. At my age I hate change at least this way I can go back to the full site. Thanks.
Cover Dog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 11:32 AM   #4

Works nice, very easy to use. Thanks.
mcnabbwr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 01:44 PM   #5

However, Janet H, it's been my extremely aggravating experience that clicking on the links for new topics delivered via email and choosing to view them in the mobile app, which I have downloaded and installed, takes me to the opening of the forum, and not to the specific message as happens when I use the browser.

Am I missing something? I would love to use the mobile app. However, if it doesn't open to the new messages delivered in my email, it's of very little use.
Stryker_242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 02:41 PM   #6

The mobile view is nice. Add in a menu item for easy navigation to subscribed threads and I will really like it
QCCowboy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-03-2015, 03:21 PM   #7
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by QCCowboy View Post
The mobile view is nice. Add in a menu item for easy navigation to subscribed threads and I will really like it

Thanks for the input. We may be able to build this out in the future.
Old 03-03-2015, 03:28 PM   #8

I really hope you will. I would use the app everyday. I rarely go on the forum, except for reading the "daily posts."

Oh, I see you were replying to QCCCowboy. What about linking directly to the posts in the app from email links?
Old 03-03-2015, 03:41 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryker_242 View Post
I really hope you will. I would use the app everyday. I rarely go on the forum, except for reading the "daily posts."

Oh, I see you were replying to QCCCowboy. What about linking directly to the posts in the app from email links?

Hmm - I'm not sure I follow. If you set your regular forum account settings up for subscription notices, the e-mails have a link directly to the new posts.

On this new mobile skin you might try the link to new posts as an alternative. The mobile skin is different from the regular forum app and has a somewhat different interface.
Old 03-03-2015, 05:54 PM   #10

Ok, thanks, Janet. I'll have a go with the "mobile skin."
Old 03-04-2015, 10:31 AM   #11

Send a message via Skype™ to Eaglelover
Dailey Notifications

Hi Janet: Do I need to change a setting so I get the notifications when they are first posted? My daily emails are very old. When I go to the site I find they are already 3 & 4 pages deep with peoples responses. Am I getting them late ?? Thanks; Frank
Eaglelover is offline   Reply With Quote