Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 01-30-2017, 07:14 AM   #1
Junior Member
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 24
Not responding due to long running script

Recently I have started to get this message every time I access a page on the forum. Do you know what has changed that would cause this to happen? After a time, I am ask if I want to stop the script. I can stop it and look at the page, but when going to the next item I will have to go through the same process.
__________________

segel10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 07:27 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by segel10 View Post
Recently I have started to get this message every time I access a page on the forum. Do you know what has changed that would cause this to happen? After a time, I am ask if I want to stop the script. I can stop it and look at the page, but when going to the next item I will have to go through the same process.
I am getting the same thing - from the looks of it, it is all the ads that the FRF loads - some of the ads are videos and if you have a slow connection it can take FOREVER to load.
__________________

__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 08:02 AM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Dec 2016
Location: Virginia`s Eastern Shore
Posts: 283
Install adblocker.
__________________
2017 Coachmen Catalina 283RKS
2004 Chevy Silverado 2500HD Crew Cab
Crabman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2017, 06:24 PM   #4
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 3,112
I apologize for the issues some people are having. It appears to be an ad from a specific domain name that is causing the issues. We've blocked this advertiser and hopefully this will address the problem.

This issues are hard to isolate and as some see this and others don't.

If it ever takes the page take forever to load, please look at the bar that shows what's loading and see if you can find the domain name of the offending ad. That's the single most helpful tidbit of info we can get to block them.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 10:58 AM   #5
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
I apologize for the issues some people are having. It appears to be an ad from a specific domain name that is causing the issues. We've blocked this advertiser and hopefully this will address the problem.

This issues are hard to isolate and as some see this and others don't.

If it ever takes the page take forever to load, please look at the bar that shows what's loading and see if you can find the domain name of the offending ad. That's the single most helpful tidbit of info we can get to block them.
Thanks Janet! Problem is fixed on my end -- I will follow your instructions and PM you the domain name if I get another offending ad.
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 11:03 AM   #6
Georgia Rally Coordinator
 
aceinspp's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: GA
Posts: 14,350
No problems here as I use Gostry and ad a block keeps me out of all the adds. Later RJD
__________________
2015 35 FT V-Lite 30WRLIKS Diamond Package
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10 gear
Days camped 2017 62
Days camped 2018 67
Days camped 2019 30
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2017, 02:33 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Jan 2014
Posts: 691
That script was really killing me too. I have a ad blocker too. Now the forum is back to loading fast. Thank you for fixing it on your end.
DaveandSue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:37 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
bareftn's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2015
Location: austinburg ohio
Posts: 754
Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveandSue View Post
That script was really killing me too. I have a ad blocker too. Now the forum is back to loading fast. Thank you for fixing it on your end.
Now if I can only figure out the same thing with yahoo e mail
bareftn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2017, 05:46 AM   #9
Senior Member
 
BamaBob's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2013
Location: Whereever our Berkshire is Parked!
Posts: 7,085
Quote:
Originally Posted by bareftn View Post
Now if I can only figure out the same thing with yahoo e mail


That's easy switch to Gmail
__________________
Bob & Anne-Marie [BamaBob & 6 Actual]
| 2017 Berkshire XLT 43A with Ultrasteer Tag | Blue Ox Avail + KarGard II |
| SMI AF-1 Air Brake | 2016 Jeep Cherokee Overland TOAD | Pedego Bikes |
Nights Camped: 2013 - 24 • 2014 - 42 • 2015 - 56 • Jul 2016 - Fulltime •
BamaBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2017, 11:04 PM   #10
Senior Member
 
SailorSam20500's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2016
Posts: 2,610
I'm getting another long running thread issue. Happens in both IE and Firefox browsers. Haven't figured out how to get the domain name of the add yet.. Hope this screen grab helps.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Long running..jpg
Views:	49
Size:	66.7 KB
ID:	130462  
__________________

__________________
Al
Save the Earth. It’s the only known planet with Beer.
S.E. Mich.
Flagstaff 26FKWS / 2018 F-150 3.5 EcoBoost SCrew
SailorSam20500 is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 01:54 PM.