Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-27-2017, 03:50 PM   #41

Well dang. I was able to post from my iPhone. But not my iPad.
Thoughts?
Old 07-27-2017, 04:09 PM   #42
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by lesptr View Post
Well dang. I was able to post from my iPhone. But not my iPad.
Thoughts?
You will most likely need help from someone else. All I know about iphone/ipads is that they are made by Apple. And that's it.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2017, 04:12 PM   #43

Tried Tapatalk but found it to be very inconvenient to use. Using the iPhone/iPad there's an icon on the home screen that opens Safari and goes directly to subscribed threads. After that a single screen touch brings up all new posts. Very quick and efficient. Haven't figured out how to get Tapatalk to do that.
Old 07-27-2017, 04:16 PM   #44

Easy, open app select which forum you want to go to and touch the unread icon. Works the same on every forum you view through tapatalk. Much more user friendly than learning half a dozen different forums.
Old 07-27-2017, 05:25 PM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tombsy View Post
Unfortunately I've had three hard drives fail, one on a desktop and two backup hardrives. I still backup at home and on the Apple cloud. I've also had photos on Photobucket since 2005 not sure what the answer is.
At home I have a Network drive(Synology). It has a RAID configuration so I woulld never lose data if only one drive failed. I use Dropbox to store n the cloud and I also use it to post pictures in forums. A while ago, dropbox made a change so that it was harder to put links of pics in forums but there is an easy work around.

As far as resizing goes, you can download the resizer application for Windows that lets you resize by right clicking on the picture. You can select a folder worth of pictures and resize then all with one click. You also have options to pick what resolution you want and if you want to save the originals.

https://imageresizer.codeplex.com/
babock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:45 AM   #46

I’m just glad that the images I stored on Photobucket still show up in the threads I posted on the FRF. On some forums those images no longer show up. I post reviews of our cruises on a forum dedicated to cruising and the photos I had put on Photobucket no longer show up. My reviews are still there but where I inserted images a box shows up with the message “Please update your account to allow 3rd party hosting.”

Bob and Joyce
2013 CC Silverback 29RL
2010 Ford F250 XL Crew Cab 6.4 liter diesel
ATU Local 788
Oakman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 09:49 AM   #47
Georgia Rally Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oakman View Post
I’m just glad that the images I stored on Photobucket still show up in the threads I posted on the FRF. On some forums those images no longer show up. I post reviews of our cruises on a forum dedicated to cruising and the photos I had put on Photobucket no longer show up. My reviews are still there but where I inserted images a box shows up with the message “Please update your account to allow 3rd party hosting.”
Well I hate to say it one of mine that was a PB pic has been deleted that was
given to me by another forum member. later RJD
2018 Dodge Ram 2500 6.4 3:73 gearing. Traded 2015 Chevy 2500 6.0, 4:10
Traded 2015 30WRLIKS V-Lite
Days camped 2019 62
Days camped 2020 49 days camped 2021-74 2022-40 days 2023 5 days
aceinspp is offline   Reply With Quote