Old 04-25-2013, 10:38 AM   #11
Fulltime family RVer

Given the link you've posted - it seems like great info. I just don't know what the best way for you to accomplish it is.

Old 04-25-2013, 10:43 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Before this gets totally out of hand:

You can post more than 5 pictures (old limit) BUT there is a maximum upload limit in bytes (10 MEGAbytes). This applies to ALL files or groups of files AT ONE TIME. A 15 Meg PDF for example can't be uploaded at all.

However, the site down sizes uploaded photos to fit the forum size.

So, notice the JPG limit is 50 (five zero) KILO bytes; not megabytes.

MOST cameras take photos in the 1 MEGA byte range and some in the 3-5 MEGA byte range. So if you have a high resolution photo, you will need to upload them in batches and hit the UPLOAD button between photos.

For example: If your camera takes 3 megabyte photos, you will only be able to browse for 3 photos before you hit the "UPLOAD" button. After it finished UPLOADING, your 9 MEG upload will only use up 150 KILO bytes of your 10 Megabyte post limit. Just keep uploading until you hit the max number of photos in a post (10 now, I think).

If you run out of "browse boxes" you are done. Finish your thread post and start a new post in the same thread.

Like this: Horst tank Probe Installation

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:47 AM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
Before this gets totally out of hand:

You can post more than 5 pictures (old limit) BUT there is a maximum upload limit in bytes (10 MEGAbytes). This applies to ALL files or groups of files AT ONE TIME. A 15 Meg PDF for example can't be uploaded at all.

However, the site down sizes uploaded photos to fit the forum size.

So, notice the JPG limit is 50 (five zero) KILO bytes; not megabytes.

MOST cameras take photos in the 1 MEGA byte range and some in the 3-5 MEGA byte range. So if you have a high resolution photo, you will need to upload them in batches and hit the UPLOAD button between photos.

For example: If your camera takes 3 megabyte photos, you will only be able to browse for 3 photos before you hit the "UPLOAD" button. After it finished UPLOADING, your 9 MEG upload will only use up 150 KILO bytes of your 10 Megabyte post limit. Just keep uploading until you hit the max number of photos in a post (10 now, I think).

If you run out of "browse boxes" you are done. Finish your thread post and start a new post in the same thread.

Like this: Horst tank Probe Installation
i typically host my own photos so it's linking pics via the IMG tags. i'm not uploading and attaching the images to the post. the admin over at xoutpost.com asked to host the images themselves so they gave me ftp access and i uploaded the article in html and all the pics (thumbnails and enlarged).
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:50 AM   #14
Site Team - Lou

Let me see what we can do.
I will bump this to the forum owners.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 04-25-2013, 12:11 PM   #15
Site Team

Articles are awesome!

The characters limit for a post is 50K and 10 images loaded as attachments. The edit period (after loading your post) is 2 hours but you could contact a moderator for extended edits on a specific post.

Images can be hosted in a number of ways. You could use the album in your profile, or our gallery (photos tab).

I strongly recommend that you break up long posts over several shorter ones. This is especially nice for those on mobile devices with smaller screens. Hosting images offsite is fine, but be mindful that if the image host ever goes offline or your account is suspended or goes dormant (photobucket) the images become unavailable.

You could also use the files section and load pdfs.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 12:38 PM   #16
Site Team - Lou

Thanks Janet!

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 04-25-2013, 12:57 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Why not just post the links on here ?? The pictures and article are already on the internet, and there would be no question here on copy right infringements.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 01:08 PM   #18
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
Why not just post the links on here ?? The pictures and article are already on the internet, and there would be no question here on copy right infringements.
He wants to write new ones specifically for us.

HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Old 04-25-2013, 01:42 PM   #19

thanks janet for the official stance of the forum. i'll create a generic blog site like ependydad suggested to me via pm.

yes, herk is correct. i would be writing specific procedures for the berkshire unit. especially since we all know how standard the industry is in how they build these units right? (and how the manufacturer always correctly installs components? *sarcasrm* - my brand new bershire 390bh has it's battery bank to inverter wired wrong, by the factory. it works, but it's inefficient and not per magnum's installation instructions).

all the content is original and mine, just like the bmw procedure i linked previously. no need to worry about plagiarism or copyrights.

ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote