Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-24-2013, 08:38 PM   #1
Senior Member
 
Himcules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
post limits?

is there a way to increase the limits inside the posts? right now i'm limited to 4 img tag pics. if i wanted to do an article/how-to or review, i would have to reply to myself multiple times just to get the content in the same thread.

also, the ability to edit is time driven to expire? that doesn't give me much time to write an indepth article or anything here..

i have not tried to write a long post yet, but i suspect there is a character limit in how long a post can be?

anyway to get around that?
__________________

__________________
============================
himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:50 PM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
No one this forum has a long enough attention span to read something as long as you want to write. ;-)
__________________

__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:53 PM   #3
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2012
Location: Wisconsin
Posts: 9,512
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
No one this forum has a long enough attention span to read something as long as you want to write. ;-)
I got thru half of that before my mind wandered.
__________________
Wiscampsin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:55 PM   #4
Senior Member
 
Rugged Brown's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Posts: 2,098
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wiscampsin View Post
I got thru half of that before my mind wandered.

got through half of what????
__________________
Terry/Bernadette
Lily the Yorkie
2015 Dodge Ram Sport 1500
2015 Crossroads Zinger ZT28BH
Rugged Brown is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 08:56 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
Himcules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
No one this forum has a long enough attention span to read something as long as you want to write. ;-)

that may be true, but i would imagine there are people (like myself) who are looking for detailed instructions on how to add/mod/fix something on their rig. however, if most here do not have the attention span for that, then certainly the tech subforums would be dying out... which doesn't seem to be the case
__________________
============================
himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:11 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2012
Location: X
Posts: 2,781
Ok. But fora really are more for discussion than expositions. Maybe you should create your content on YouTube and then post a link here. Or maybe create a document and then it could be stored in the "Library" area.
__________________
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:23 PM   #7
Senior Member
 
Himcules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
Ok. But fora really are more for discussion than expositions. Maybe you should create your content on YouTube and then post a link here. Or maybe create a document and then it could be stored in the "Library" area.
sure, but most of us that do write diy repair/install articles do not have a production crew to film us as we are performing the work. we stop and take pictures and write the instructions and observations about the procedure. i wrote many of the bmw x5 repair articles over at xoutpost.com. also, if you are doing the repair procedure yourself and are following along, it's much easier in a web format then in a video where you have to pause and rewind/fastforward.

it's fine if the administrators and members here do not find any value in having this kind of web posting...
__________________
============================
himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2013, 09:43 PM   #8
Senior Member
 
VinceU's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2011
Posts: 3,502
Quote:
Originally Posted by Himcules View Post
sure, but most of us that do write diy repair/install articles do not have a production crew to film us as we are performing the work. we stop and take pictures and write the instructions and observations about the procedure. i wrote many of the bmw x5 repair articles over at xoutpost.com. also, if you are doing the repair procedure yourself and are following along, it's much easier in a web format then in a video where you have to pause and rewind/fastforward.

it's fine if the administrators and members here do not find any value in having this kind of web posting...
There may be 5 image posts and most just use two adjoining posts when they have more.
__________________
VinceU is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 08:19 AM   #9
Moderator Emeritus
 
MtnGuy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Shenandoah Valley
Posts: 9,274
Quote:
Originally Posted by VinceU View Post
There may be 5 image posts and most just use two adjoining posts when they have more.
That is probably the best way to do that.

Editing privileges do have a time limit. If you go back and see something that needs to be edited at a later date, you can contact a moderator to temporarily allow you to edit a post. Please include a link to the thread, as well as which post you want to edit.

Instead of actually writing the article here, why don't you write it in Word or some other program, and then just copy and paste here ?? That gives you all sorts of chances to change things around to your liking. I do that all of the time for my longer posts.

One other note: The articles need to be your own doing. No copying and pasting from other websites or publications.

Looking foward to seeing what you post.
__________________

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 10:28 AM   #10
Senior Member
 
Himcules's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 319
Quote:
Originally Posted by mtnguy View Post
That is probably the best way to do that.

Editing privileges do have a time limit. If you go back and see something that needs to be edited at a later date, you can contact a moderator to temporarily allow you to edit a post. Please include a link to the thread, as well as which post you want to edit.

Instead of actually writing the article here, why don't you write it in Word or some other program, and then just copy and paste here ?? That gives you all sorts of chances to change things around to your liking. I do that all of the time for my longer posts.

One other note: The articles need to be your own doing. No copying and pasting from other websites or publications.

Looking foward to seeing what you post.
here's an example of my work. this is the cv boot replacement procedure for a bmw x5 (doesn't matter which model, but specifically the e53 chassis). CV Boot Replacement DIY - BMW X5 (E53) - Xoutpost.com

as you can see, quicker than a word document, more interactive as you can enlarge pictures, and no fast-forward/rewind/pausing like you have to do with a video to get things like torque specs...

however, it's a bit long and detailed so some of the membership here may have trouble getting through it with their attention span issues for those that want to save money/learn more technically about their equipment, this is a very good way to document all of this.

this is a brand new diesel pusher. there are many break-in procedures per the owner's manuals that i was planning on doing myself and documenting... these will be long and detailed. the multiple replies to myself will not work. editing expirations will need need to be constantly reopened for me...
__________________

__________________
============================
himcules (10x stronger than hercules)
2013 Forest River Berkshire 390BH-60
ex 2007 Jayco Greyhawk 31SS
Himcules is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 05:15 PM.