Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-22-2013, 03:14 PM   #1
B47

Post # question.

Would it or is it possible to include the original post # when it is included in an quote or reply? This would make it easier to look at the original post especially in threads like the PPP which grows by several pages/posts daily.
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:22 PM   #2
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Would it or is it possible to include the original post # when it is included in an quote or reply? This would make it easier to look at the original post especially in threads like the PPP which grows by several pages/posts daily.
Are you talking about using the multi-quote function, which you turn on to the right of the quote button?

It looks like this:

You just click this multi-quote button on each post you want to quote in your reply.

Ex: Say you wanted to quote posts #1, #2, and #5. You would just click/turn on the multi quote button on each of those posts first, then hit the reply button or the quote button.

Or are you wanting the actual post # (like yours was # 1 above), so a person would know exactly which post to go look at?

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 03:46 PM   #3
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmtire View Post
Are you talking about using the multi-quote function, which you turn on to the right of the quote button?

It looks like this:

You just click this multi-quote button on each post you want to quote in your reply.

Ex: Say you wanted to quote posts #1, #2, and #5. You would just click/turn on the multi quote button on each of those posts first, then hit the reply button or the quote button.

Or are you wanting the actual post # (like yours was # 1 above), so a person would know exactly which post to go look at?
No not exactly, but thanks for explaining what that do- hickey is

I mean for example in the PPP thread, Turbo posted a reply in my post # 7289 today that I would like to look at before I reply, but it takes awhile to trace back to it. if his original post # is included, then it could easily be traced.

Granted anything that Turbo posts is not worth the time or trouble to refer back to, but he is just an example
Old 05-22-2013, 03:54 PM   #4
Site Team

Quote:
No not exactly, but thanks for explaining what that do- hickey is

I mean for example in the PPP thread, Turbo posted a reply in my post # 7289 today that I would like to look at before I reply, but it takes awhile to trace back to it. if his original post # is included, then it could easily be traced.

Granted anything that Turbo posts is not worth the time or trouble to refer back to, but he is just an example
Okay, just click the little arrow to the right or the original posters name to take you to it.

It looks like this:

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 05-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #5
B47

Quote:
Okay, just click the little arrow to the right or the original posters name to take you to it.
Thanks - just like here, my original post # is not shown in the reply.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:02 PM   #6
Site Team

Quote:
Quote:
Thanks - just like here, my original post # is not shown in the reply.
Yes, but if I quote your original post or your last post, like above, all I have to do is click the little white arrow in the blue box to the right of your name, to take me to whichever post was quoted in the forum thread.

I thought that was what you were trying to do, is to go to the original post of the quoted one

Old 05-22-2013, 04:08 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Yes, but if I quote your original post or your last post, like above, all I have to do is click the little white arrow in the blue box to the right of your name, to take me to whichever post was quoted.
Well this is the second thing I learned here today - never paid attention to the little blue box with the arrow in it before.

Thanks
Old 05-22-2013, 04:13 PM   #8
B47

Quote:
Yes, but if I quote your original post or your last post, like above, all I have to do is click the little white arrow in the blue box to the right of your name, to take me to whichever post was quoted in the forum thread.

I thought that was what you were trying to do, is to go to the original post of the quoted one
You are correct -
Old 05-22-2013, 04:14 PM   #9
Site Team

Quote:

Glad your fixed up. We'll see if Turbs reads this later and goes back to the original post.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #10
B47

Quote:
Glad your fixed up. We'll see if Turbs reads this later and goes back to the original post.
I should of added that he is a very poor example, but I know that most everyone here knows that.
Old 05-22-2013, 04:17 PM   #11
Phat Phrog Stunt Crew

Quote:
I was going to say that he should have had Turbs explain this. It is past Beer-Thirsty and would have been interesting.
awwall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:24 PM   #12
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by awwall View Post
I was going to say that he should have had Turbs explain this. It is past Beer-Thirsty and would have been interesting.
Might have been interesting just be careful, you or your loved ones could find themselves riding in the golf cart he is driving
Old 05-22-2013, 04:26 PM   #13
Site Team

QUOTE=wmtire;382405 Glad your fixed up. We'll see if Turbs reads this later and goes back to the original post.

QUOTE=B47;382382 No not exactly, but thanks for explaining what that do- hickey is

Just a little more technical info, as I understand it. I took the quote code off of the above to show what I am talking about.

On each quote, to the right of the quoted members name, you will notice a forum post #, like 382405 and 382382. These are the post #'s for the forum.

The little clickable arrow takes you to these post. That's how it knows what post to go to. You only see the post number when quoting/typing, and this post number turns into the arrow once it is posted and you read the forum.

Old 05-22-2013, 04:30 PM   #14

None of this is true in the smart-phone apps.
BarryD0706 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2013, 04:33 PM   #15
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BarryD0706 View Post
None of this is true in the smart-phone apps.
Me and my Ipad4 are happy
Old 05-22-2013, 04:42 PM   #16
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:

Me and my Ipad4 are happy
Shaking my head.......
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote