Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-28-2013, 01:06 PM   #1
B47

Profile Comments

Question - on my profile page,there's a section called "Profile Comments" followed by the number 2.

I tried opening it to read the comments,but it wouldn't open.

How do I open it?
B47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:44 PM   #2

I may be wrong, but I think that is a space for your comments about yourself.

Joel
Great Horned Owl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 02:50 PM   #3
B47

Not sure - but why can't it be opened?

Another question - on the same page,there's also a "referrals" line that can't be opened either.
Old 12-29-2013, 11:08 AM   #4
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by B47 View Post
Question - on my profile page,there's a section called "Profile Comments" followed by the number 2.

I tried opening it to read the comments,but it wouldn't open.

How do I open it?
Is there still a problem ?? I can see both of your profile comments.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 11:54 AM   #5

B47; I can see your profile comments but I don't see anything about referrals.

Randy and Patty
2015 Sabre 33 CKTS-6 Platinum Edition
Reese 16K Slider hitch
2015 GMC Sierra 3500HD diesel dually
Old car is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2013, 03:10 PM   #6
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by MtnGuy View Post
Is there still a problem ?? I can see both of your profile comments.
I think I figured it out regarding the comments - that line itself doesn't open,but when I click on the comments line below, I do see 2 comments.

The "Referrals" under " General Information" now shows 3 as of today,but still can't open.

Thought a mod would answer my questions.
Old 12-29-2013, 03:16 PM   #7
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old car View Post
B47; I can see your profile comments but I don't see anything about referrals.

It's in my "Statistics" tab under "General Information" and shows "Referrals" with 3 showing now.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:28 PM   #8
Always Learning

Profile Comments

B47, I've been in the app all day today. If you PM me tomorrow and remind me, I'll be at my computer and can look around some.

I honestly don't know a whole lot about vBulletin (the forum software) and I know the Site Admins have customized it a good bit, but I can poke around and try to see what's going on.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:30 PM   #9
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by ependydad View Post
B47, I've been in the app all day today. If you PM me tomorrow and remind me, I'll be at my computer and can look around some.
OK - but I think I explained it before,but I'll do it tomorrow.
Old 12-29-2013, 09:31 PM   #10
Always Learning

Quote:
OK - but I think I explained it before,but I'll do it tomorrow.

(sheepish grin) I need the reminder to look. Just a "hey, dude can you check that thing out".

I have a crappy memory!
Old 12-29-2013, 09:33 PM   #11
B47

Quote:
(sheepish grin) I need the reminder to look. Just a "hey, dude can you check that thing out".

I have a crappy memory!
No problem - watching and sweating the Cowboys and Eagles game now.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:35 AM   #12
Always Learning

I remembered!

Ok, the referral thing seems to be a way of tracking who is promoting the forum the most. It's built into vBulletin which I believe is the basis for the forum software that we run. You can read a little more about it here:
vBulletin FAQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by FAQ
What are referrals?

The administrator may have enabled referrals, which allows you to be credited for any new users you invite to the forum.

You gain referrals by promoting vBulletin.org Forum using your unique referral link. The link you should use as your referral link is this:

vBulletin.org Forum

Each time someone follows this link to vBulletin.org Forum and registers as a new member, your referral count will be incremented by one. The number of referrals you have can be viewed in your profile.

Your administrator will have more information on any prizes or rewards that may be given out for referrals. Please be courteous when promoting vBulletin.org Forum by not spamming other web sites with your referral link just to gain referrals.
I read on another forum that there might also be a field when you register that you enter who referred you to the forum. If someone types in your user ID, then your referral count increases.

Now, before everyone starts spamming other forums with referral links... ... I have never heard any mention of this referral things with the moderators nor any plans to do anything with them.

It's just something the software does- but not anything that we do with here at FRF.

To be honest, I'd have to troll around the moderator tools to find out how to even see who your referrals are. It's not something that I had noticed before nor even really know how to find it. If you'd like to know who they are, let me know and I'll go digging around our tools a bit.
Old 12-30-2013, 09:37 AM   #13
Always Learning

Quote:
I think I figured it out regarding the comments - that line itself doesn't open,but when I click on the comments line below, I do see 2 comments.

The "Referrals" under " General Information" now shows 3 as of today,but still can't open.

Thought a mod would answer my questions.
You're right about the "Comments" thing. The number just shows you "stats" for your account, but you have to go to your main profile page to see the comments:
[url]http://www.forestriverforums.com/forums/members/b47-21024.html[/ur]
Old 12-30-2013, 02:07 PM   #14
B47

Quote:
I remembered!

Ok, the referral thing seems to be a way of tracking who is promoting the forum the most. It's built into vBulletin which I believe is the basis for the forum software that we run. You can read a little more about it here:
vBulletin FAQ

I read on another forum that there might also be a field when you register that you enter who referred you to the forum. If someone types in your user ID, then your referral count increases.

Now, before everyone starts spamming other forums with referral links... ... I have never heard any mention of this referral things with the moderators nor any plans to do anything with them.

It's just something the software does- but not anything that we do with here at FRF.

To be honest, I'd have to troll around the moderator tools to find out how to even see who your referrals are. It's not something that I had noticed before nor even really know how to find it. If you'd like to know who they are, let me know and I'll go digging around our tools a bit.
Thanks for your research on this.

Now that you have explained the referrals, I can think of one - that being one of my sons (SMP) that I suggested join up,but that's the only one.

If it's not too much trouble,I would like to know who the other 2 referrals are.

And I might add - if anyone might ask what something is,it's me.
Old 12-30-2013, 02:38 PM   #15
Always Learning

Quote:
Thanks for your research on this.

Now that you have explained the referrals, I can think of one - that being one of my sons (SMP) that I suggested join up,but that's the only one.

If it's not too much trouble,I would like to know who the other 2 referrals are.

And I might add - if anyone might ask what something is,it's me.
Ok, I spent some time looking around. I even tried to hack one of our moderator search pages but I can't come up with a way for this to be visible to me.

I'll raise this up to the Help Desk and see if they can assist.
Old 12-30-2013, 07:14 PM   #16

Downloaded the newest android upgrade today for FRF and I have to give it a "3" on a scale of 1 to 10. Having difficulty finding things. I'll get used to it....sometime.

Sent from my SCH-I605 using Forest River Forums mobile app
trudinator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2013, 07:21 PM   #17
B47

Quote:
Ok, I spent some time looking around. I even tried to hack one of our moderator search pages but I can't come up with a way for this to be visible to me.

I'll raise this up to the Help Desk and see if they can assist.
OK - I can wait. Someone here should know.
Old 01-01-2014, 01:58 PM   #18
Site Team

When you send a referral email, the email's sender is marked as support@forestriverforums.com, which is the default sender for all emails from the forum.

There is no record kept of sent referral emails other than a count for each member.

Adios, Dirk
Support Admin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-2014, 02:03 PM   #19
B47

Quote:
Originally Posted by Support Admin View Post
When you send a referral email, the email's sender is marked as support@forestriverforums.com, which is the default sender for all emails from the forum.

There is no record kept of sent referral emails other than a count for each member.

Adios, Dirk
OK and thanks. But I don't recall ever sending "a referral email" to anyone. Maybe I did and didn't know it,but I got a count of doing it 3 times.