Originally Posted by chicagoslick
No matter what I try I cannot add a profile picture...I keep getting "
Upload of file failed."
I have resized images to far below the requirements of 300 X 300 pixels and 161.7kb limits. Does not matter. Any help or ideas on what to do or try. Is there a certain format the picture has to be in? I have tried Jpeg and GIF...
thanks in advance for help///
First, it sounds like you're following the right steps- but let's double-check them. For updating your *profile* picture (which is different than your avatar), these are the steps that need to be followed:
- Prepare the photo
- It must be at or less than 300x300 pixels in height and width
- Click "User CP" up in the green bar
- Click "Edit Profile Picture" on the left-side navigation
- Click "Choose File" under Option 2
- Find your picture and click Open
- Verify the photo is selected and click "Save Changes"
- Upon completion, you'll go back to the Edit Profile Picture page and your photo will be shown
I've also sent you a PM with my email address. Please send me a copy of the photo that you're trying to set.