Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-01-2018, 06:20 AM   #1

Quote Notifications Possible?

I am wondering if it is possible for the Admin to setup some sort of a notification that would immediately alert a member when somebody has clicked on the “Quote” button in response to a post they have made. This would be helpful for both the person who is being quoted and the person who quoted them because, quite often, a timely response is desired and helpful.

Thoughts?

Bruce
Old 09-01-2018, 06:53 AM   #2
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
I am wondering if it is possible for the Admin to setup some sort of a notification that would immediately alert a member when somebody has clicked on the “Quote” button in response to a post they have made. This would be helpful for both the person who is being quoted and the person who quoted them because, quite often, a timely response is desired and helpful.

Thoughts?

Bruce
I get an email every time anyone quotes on a thread that I started or have commented in. And when I've gotten my answer or for whatever reason no longer want to get notifications for that particular thread, I click on the link in every email that gives me the ability to opt out of future emails for that thread. Go into your profile and update your "Notifications" tab. I think that should do it for you.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:07 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
I get an email every time anyone quotes on a thread that I started or have commented in. And when I've gotten my answer or for whatever reason no longer want to get notifications for that particular thread, I click on the link in every email that gives me the ability to opt out of future emails for that thread. Go into your profile and update your "Notifications" tab. I think that should do it for you.
Thank you. I will check it out. I currently get emails only once a day showing which threads I have participated in that had activity the previous day.

I would really like to see a pop up like we see when somebody sends us a private message because my email is crazy with spam and real emails, just like most other’s, I imagine. But email would work if I can set it up that way.

Thanks,

Bruce
Old 09-01-2018, 07:22 AM   #4

on a computer

go to UserCP at top left (bottom left pic)

then on Left, find Settings and Options, then Edit Options (bottom right pic)

Look for Messaging & Notifications, through the list to edit your notification options (top pic)
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ab.jpg
Views:	72
Size:	48.8 KB
ID:	185072  
Attached Images

2014 Shamrock 183
2014 RAM 1500 Bighorn Crew Cab, HEMI, 3.21 gears, 8 Spd, 4X4 TST TPMS
rsdata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:34 AM   #5

If you set up email AND notifications you will see a pop up if you have a PM notification everytime you enter the site. You can get email instant, daily or weekly....as I remember.
cavie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 07:36 AM   #6
GOODBYE SUIT - HELLO RV!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by nomad297 View Post
Thank you. I will check it out. I currently get emails only once a day showing which threads I have participated in that had activity the previous day.

I would really like to see a pop up like we see when somebody sends us a private message because my email is crazy with spam and real emails, just like most other’s, I imagine. But email would work if I can set it up that way.

Thanks,

Bruce

You could set up a gmail account for just your forum postings I do that when I am buying a car or RV....set up a unique email account for all communication so it doesn't get tangled in with my real email and cause spam and then I simply delete that email account when my shopping is done.
2017 Ford Mustang GT Premium California Special Convertible (The Beast)
2006 Ford Mustang 3.0 V6 Convertible (Lil' Blue)
HappyCamper1962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2018, 11:30 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by HappyCamper1962 View Post
You could set up a gmail account for just your forum postings I do that when I am buying a car or RV....set up a unique email account for all communication so it doesn't get tangled in with my real email and cause spam and then I simply delete that email account when my shopping is done.
X2!

Tags
cat