Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2016, 08:21 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
This is more of a request then a thread but perhaps others would like to chime in as well. Recently while enjoying reading the various threads I have been plagued by looping video ads running simultaneously. Before reading the post one has to either turn off their sound or quickly scroll through the post to find all the videos that are loping and close them or mute the sound. I understand why they might need the ads but seriously doo we need the looping videos? Can we stop looping video ads?
Like others have suggested to you and me, get ad block. I had the same problem but since I got ad block I have been good.

Formerly a 2013 Sunseeker 2250 SLEC.
Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:48 AM   #22

I just put Ad Blocker on like suggested and it works like a charm!!
08 F450
USMC Okie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:16 AM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by USMC Okie View Post
I just put Ad Blocker on like suggested and it works like a charm!!

Delco Bobby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 09:23 AM   #24

I get the loop ads too but one click and gone. Bothersomme but not all that bad
otisite2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 10:09 AM   #25

Thanks to all for your suggestions, unfortunately none work in this case. These are not pop up ads, they are in bedded in the website itself perhaps placed by tracking cookies. They may also be placed by the host provider of the website but that answer has not come up. We are done here, the administrators of this forum can close this thread. Thanks again to everyone.
Old 11-06-2016, 08:53 PM   #26

Send a message via MSN to GreenImp
Pop-Up Blocker and Ad-Blockers are NOT the same thing

I realize the OP has already said goodbye, but I will respond anyhow (others may come along and be helped by this info)....

There is a difference between an Ad Blocker and a Pop-up Blocker...You appear to be using Microsoft Edge (the built in browser that comes with Windows 10) which has an optional "Pop-Up Blocker". This is NOT the same thing as the "Ad-Blocker" many have suggested you try. If you switch from Microsoft Edge to Firefox or Chrome, you will have the option of installing an "Add-on" called "Adblock" or "Adblock Plus" (2 different and competing ad-ons but they are both good choices...you only need one or the other...I use Adblock Plus). These Adblockers will clean up every site you visit...not just this one.

Additional info...When installing Adblock Plus you be given an opportunity to "Allow non-obtrusive ads" (or something like that). This way you can still support the owners of the sites you visit as long as they keep the obnoxious/annoying ads off their sites. This feature MAY be why some people see ads but not videos.
Dad's old 1968 Empi Imp (recently recovered from under 21 years worth of boxes/dust)
GreenImp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2016, 08:59 PM   #27
Moderator Emeritus

as stated, the ads are controlled by your search engine, not the forum. I run adblocker on the pc and adguard on the kindle. No issues. Ad blocker doesn't just block pop ups, it blocks ads. It is the answer you are looking for.
asquared is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 06:07 PM   #28

I had them too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tahoe1840 View Post
This is more of a request then a thread but perhaps others would like to chime in as well. Recently while enjoying reading the various threads I have been plagued by looping video ads running simultaneously. Before reading the post one has to either turn off their sound or quickly scroll through the post to find all the videos that are loping and close them or mute the sound. I understand why they might need the ads but seriously doo we need the looping videos? Can we stop looping video ads?
I had that same problem. I was looking at a post and one of the ads on the right side of the screen just started running a video. I went down and stopped it but in a few minutes it started again. Don't know what the problem is/was but, I don't have them now. I have ads there but no video at this time. I clear my cookies and temp files every time I exit any browser I use. I use Firefox, Edge and Internet Explorer.
rcla2014 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2016, 07:37 PM   #29

I have been having the same issues, I'm using Chrome. The ads on the right side of the screen will just start playing a video. Guess I'll have to look for this ad blocker thing and see what can be done. It is very annoying.
2015 Harley CVO StreetGlide
Funhaus is offline   Reply With Quote