Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2010, 06:10 PM   #1

Site Future - Please Read

Well first I would like to say a BIG thank you to all of the past donations that have been made to pay the bills around here, Now the News.

I have been approached to sell FRF and due to my health and worrying about the future of the site I have decided to sell the site.

effective immediately the site the site is under new ownership and the new owner is Andy R and in a support role for him is Janet H.

Andy owns many sites that you may have heard if and I know in my heart it was the best thing to secure the future of FRF.

All of the members have been GREAT in helping to build this site and I thank you for that also.

It was not an easy decision but I know I have made the right decision, The site will soon be moved to Andy's server and I can get rid of that big monthly bill.

If anyone has any questions or comments please pm me and I will address your concerns or forward the to Andy as needed.

All existing admins and mods will stay in place at this time along with myself staying in a support/admin role as needed.

I will let Andy tell you about himself and his ability to take the site to the next level.

Sorry if these words dont make sense/spelling as I am on chemo and mind is not clear today.

Thanks for the past and I know turn the site over to Andy and look forward to the future.

Mike
MRimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 06:41 PM   #2
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Mike, I'm sure it pulled at you hard making your decision but I support you 100%. You've done an exceptional job while battling you illness and you still always made sure that FRF was taken care of. Including this decision has helped to give all of us a secure future to discuss topics and have a little fun in the process. Thank you so much for the great job. Charlie

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 07:01 PM   #3

Mike
everything changes, its just a fact of living.
Important thing is your in our prayers. I am sure the transition will be painless,
think of it like sending a child off to college
it will be close enough to do laundry, but far enough away to let em grow up.

i for one have enjoyed this site and all the folks here.

you gave me my first real RV gig as a moderator
thanks
Old 03-08-2010, 08:01 PM   #4

Mike, you and the others here have combined to make this the best forum group I have ever been a part of. We too have family members that have been dealing with similar health issues. Sadly my wife's father passed the day before we took delivery on our new Georgetown a year and a half ago, he was really looking forward to seeing it.

Life goes on. Take care of yourself and be well.

Thank you.
Nights camped in 2009: 53 | Nights camped in 2010: 55
www.nwjeepn.com
NWJeeper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:03 PM   #5

Mike, I have enjoyed this site. Thank you for creating and running it.
It has been a pleasure.

Charlie
Cherokee39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:18 PM   #6
Cyber Phrenologist

A good ship will sail under a number of captains.

It's going to be just fine.

Mike, you did good.

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:37 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
think of it like sending a child off to college
it will be close enough to do laundry, but far enough away to let em grow up.
Hehehehehe

Now THAT'S FUNNY!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by powerboatr View Post
you gave me my first real RV gig as a moderator
thanks
Same here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Radio View Post
It's going to be just fine.

Mike, you did good.
YUP!!

Thanks Mike!! AND WELCOME Andy and Janet!!
aintgotnun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 09:49 PM   #8

Mike, we have been here from the start and this thing has grown beyond my wildest imagination. Thanks to you for getting it going and keeping it going even through your illness. We will be here for Andy and Janet and continue to make this one of the best RV sites on the net.

You take care and concentrate on getting better. Our prayers are with you and will be with you.

Peace.

Hokiehall is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2010, 10:06 PM   #9
CampeRooo

Hi Mike,

I can't say that I know you like some of the others do, but I still want to say Thank You.

I wish you and your family the best of the best.

Take care.

Joe

2000 Rockwood Roo M-18 Hybrid
2006 Dodge Ram 2500 Auto 5.9 Diesel
Gone but not forgotten -1986 Rockwood 1003 PUP
rthrbelsewhere is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 02:57 AM   #10

Thanks Mike for letting us be part of this forum without you we wouldnt have a place to can come to and get help for all sorts of thing. We all hope you the best and if Andy is worthy of you to buy this great place then he must be alright for you wouldnt sells us to somebody who would ruin it so Thanks again and hope you all the best
Old 03-09-2010, 05:19 AM   #11

Mike, I must say you and your team of Administrators have created the best Forum on the net and one can tell buy the quality of people that are members here. I have been a member going on 3 years now and although I have not meet any one face to face from the forum I fell as though you have created an Internet Family where we all can come together with our problems, experiences and solutions, just like big families do on the Holidays for a get together an that's why I am still here because of the members not the FR product.
I would like to thank Andy & Janet for being there For Mike, to take over a great forum so Mike can gain strength and get back on his feet for his family and maybe stop by once in a while.
Mike, I wish you well and a speedy recovery, thanks for all of your hard work and dedication to the forum, Please stop by and let us know how things are going........Wade.
rockwood06 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 08:38 AM   #12
Moderator Emeritus

Well, it looks like it has all be said. So again, many thanks for all of your hard work, and I pray that you will you beat your cancer.

Chap , DW Joy, and Fur Baby Sango
2017 F350 Lariat CCSB, SRW, 4x4, 6.7 PS
2017 Grand Design Reflection 337RLS
MtnGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 09:34 AM   #13
Site Team

Mike,

This community is an amazing resource for all Forest River product owners. The friendly and respectful atmosphere is a testament to the quality of the members and the terrific job you and the other mods/admins have done guiding the community over the years. Thanks for entrusting us to continue the amazing thing you have started here.

I'll post a brief bio about me and let Janet chime in about her. I started my first forum in 2002, it's about Airstream Trailers & Motorhomes (www.AIRForums.com). Over the next couple of years I found myself really enjoying adding new features to the forums to meet the members needs. In 2004, through a random twist of fate, I adopted my first forum which was going to be shut down due to the cost of running it. By leveraging economies of scale I was able to keep the site going and still run the site today.

In 2005 I decided to take a crack at starting a small business focused on managing online forum communities. In order to lower my living expenses (and fulfill my desires for adventure and travel) I packed up my stuff into a self storage facility and hit the road to full time but with out a trailer. I actually ended up moving to developing nations where the buck took me a lot further and I spent 4 years traveling around the world in places like Argentina, Brazil, SE Asia, Africa, and Australia, etc. I would work via my laptop and wifi from some of the most remote places. Amazingly I was able to find good internet connection everywhere I went. The best thing about my trip was that I met my wife along the way, we had our first kid last year and now I have to hang up my wanderlust hat until the kids are big enough to go along.

We do not plan to make any changes to the team here. All the mods/admins will continue to lead the community like they have in the past. FRF will always be managed by passionate and active members of the community. It's our job to empower you all and listen to your feedback and find solutions to your needs. We are here for you and hope that together we can make an excellent team.

If you have any questions, please post here or send me a PM.

Kind Regards,

Andy R
Andy R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:08 AM   #14

Mike,
Even though we've never actually met, I feel that I've gotten to know you and everyone else on this site personally. It's a great place to meet and exchange ideas, problems. solutions.
Thank you for all your work and may you come out on top with your battle with your illness.
Thanks again.
tmmar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 10:21 AM   #15

Wow! Its all been said. Good Luck Mike. Welcome Andy and Janet!
Old 03-09-2010, 11:12 AM   #16
Enjoying Member

I echo all the comments from people who know you better then Kim and I ever will. Kim is a nurse so I understand your issues and wish you all the best. Thanks for looking out for the forum and letting it grow. I am sure this will be a good thing. Thanks to Andy and Janet for helping the forum stay strong.

Nights Camped: 2013-15 2012-28 2011-16 2010-10 2009-30
2007 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 2WD w/trailer pkg 345HP 5.7 Hemi/5spd Auto/3.92 Rear
2008 Wildwood 23FLSRV - Prodigy Brake Controller - BlueOx WD Hitch
2011 Harley Electra-Glide Ultra Limited (His Bike) - 2005 V-Star 650 Classic (Her Bike)
ScottnKimmer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 12:32 PM   #17
Moderator Emeritus

Thanks Mike for bringing the forum to this point. It's a great place to visit and share.

Best of luck with your health.

Regards,

Dave & Monica

Nights camped in 2013 - 55, 2014 - 105, 2015 - 63
Dave_Monica is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 03:07 PM   #18
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by aintgotnun View Post
...Thanks Mike!! AND WELCOME Andy and Janet!!

Thanks for the warm welcome. Mikes stewardship here to create a vibrant and friendly site is evident and I am delighted to be able to help continue on that path.

I live in Washington state and have been helping Andy out at his various forums for several years. The Airstream forums was also my first forum and I registered there to figure out how to fix my tiny and aging trailer. Over the years that forum and now many others have widened my circle of friends and lead to good adventures.

I am a musician and have a trio that tours around the Northwest; we often camp to avoid well used motels and I especially like State parks, out of the way places and great scenery. One of my very favorite things to do is camp at music festivals and the pacific NW have loads of them in fair weather months. If I can help in anyway or you have questions, please just ask. In the meantime, I'll be learning my way around the community and getting to know everyone.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:27 PM   #19

Thanks Mike and good luck.

Welcome Andy R and Janet H.
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2010, 05:56 PM   #20

Mike, That had to be a difficult decision, but I like so many others have appreciated the opportunity to meet and learn about so many people, the personalities shared are among the best natured RV campers.

It has to be great that you have created such an environment that so many people have shared, and that it has become a marketable project. Good luck to you! Best wishes

Andy and Janet, welcome to the group, your introductions were very interesting and I look forward to your leadership in this venture.

Stan
flyrotor is offline   Reply With Quote