Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-05-2015, 08:52 PM   #1

U.S. map in my signature?

How do I add the U.S. map in my signature? And, then how do I select future states as we camp in more states? Right now I was only able to get text but no picture.

Thanks for any help.

Bonnie
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
dudleydoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2015, 09:14 PM   #2
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudleydoo View Post
How do I add the U.S. map in my signature? And, then how do I select future states as we camp in more states? Right now I was only able to get text but no picture.

Thanks for any help.

Bonnie
Check out this thread: http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...-map-3645.html
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 10:26 AM   #3

Lou and Laura,
I found the map and selected the states we have camped in so far. But...I just can't figure out how to get it into the signature panel. Could you please help?
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-07-2015, 12:30 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Lou and Laura,
I found the map and selected the states we have camped in so far. But...I just can't figure out how to get it into the signature panel. Could you please help?
Save the created map to your hard drive as a JPG file; then drop it into your signature via the UserCP. This can only be done via a PC (or MAC) browser (not the phone app).
Old 05-07-2015, 01:27 PM   #5
Site Team

This link below may help too, with details on how to add to sig line. As Lou stated, it needs to be done from a computer and not mobile.

It also details how to combine two or more maps if necessary

Hope it helps

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...ons-46689.html

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2015, 05:40 PM   #6

I am only working on a PC, not smart enough for the smartphone yet.
I see it is showing up as avatar. Now I need to see how to finish filling in the states visited. UGH! Stuff like this doesn't usually give me this much trouble but just can't seem to get it under the signature. But I do see some others have it here as well.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-07-2015, 05:51 PM   #7
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
I am only working on a PC, not smart enough for the smartphone yet.
I see it is showing up as avatar. Now I need to see how to finish filling in the states visited. UGH! Stuff like this doesn't usually give me this much trouble but just can't seem to get it under the signature. But I do see some others have it here as well.
Under the Avatar in the USERCP there is "edit signature" and below that is the signature photograph section. Pay attention to the icon size limit. You may need to edit the JPG to a smaller version using a photo editing software.

Note: The maximum size of your custom image is 468 by 60 pixels or 19.5 KB (whichever is smaller).
Old 05-07-2015, 06:06 PM   #8

I am working on resizing as we type. I think I need a glass of wine now or after this.
I just installed the Oxygenics shower and was worried about the stream of water after the shut off valve is pushed but found out that is normal. At least one thing has gone good this afternoon.

Now, if we can get the tree guy here to cut the large branches hanging over the trailer I will be a happy camper. The trees are on the neighbor's yard but the house is in foreclosure and the real estate lady says take off what we need to before it goes on the market next week. We are having strong winds now and they are silver maples so hope they stay attached another day or two.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-07-2015, 06:49 PM   #9

Well, as you can see it came through in the avatar selection. I must not have selected the correct order of boxes to click on or something.

Now I have a couple hundred photos of northern lights to edit tonight and that is usually a lot easier, just time consuming.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-08-2015, 09:55 PM   #10

Sirens, bells and whistles started blaring from my antivirus software when I attempted to download that site. Here is the message I got, "Toolbar MyWebSearch is an Adware software that delivers advertisement content to end-user and may be considered privacy-invasive. This set of malware includes toolbars, multi-offer installers, intrusive and fraudulent applications, free versions of commercial products which displays advertising, and any software that is funded by advertising. Also some forms of hacker or risk tools might be classified as potentially harmful as they can be misused by an attacker (e.g. password revealers).Toolbar MyWebSearch is currently ranked 13 in the world of online malware."
Old 05-09-2015, 02:24 AM   #11
Site Team

Quote:
Well, as you can see it came through in the avatar selection. I must not have selected the correct order of boxes to click on or something.

Now I have a couple hundred photos of northern lights to edit tonight and that is usually a lot easier, just time consuming.
I believe you are editing your avatar......not your signature. They are two different things. Maybe this will help. I took some screenshots and circled in red what you need to click.

As per:

http://www.forestriverforums.com/for...tml#post452801

Use one of the map making links above and save the generated pic in the smallest size they offer to your computer.

Once you have the pic saved. click on the "User CP" tab at the top of forest river forums.

Click edit signature tab on the left-hand side and scroll down to the signature pic option near the bottom. (pic below)

Select option 2 to upload image from your computer and point to where the image is located on your computer using the browse button. Click upload, then save signature after uploaded. (pic below)

Depending on what else you have in your sig line you may have to do some rearranging as to the placement position. The uploaded sig pic will be identified with the SIGPIC html code.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	signature1.jpg
Views:	140
Size:	43.5 KB
ID:	76482  
Attached Images

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-09-2015, 06:11 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vince and Charlette View Post
Sirens, bells and whistles started blaring from my antivirus software when I attempted to download that site. Here is the message I got, "Toolbar MyWebSearch is an Adware software that delivers advertisement content to end-user and may be considered privacy-invasive. This set of malware includes toolbars, multi-offer installers, intrusive and fraudulent applications, free versions of commercial products which displays advertising, and any software that is funded by advertising. Also some forms of hacker or risk tools might be classified as potentially harmful as they can be misused by an attacker (e.g. password revealers).Toolbar MyWebSearch is currently ranked 13 in the world of online malware."
Thanks for the "head's up" on the malware. As most know, not everything "free" on the internet is actually "free". These data mining "piggy backers" are a fact of life with free stuff.

Rather than doing a download, how about using a screen capture (after dropping your states) rather than a download of the JPG.

You might avoid the malware that way; if not, just run a free Malware scrubber (I use Malwarebytes.ORG - not com) You don't need the pro (pay) version (but I do recommend it). The only difference is the Pro version updates and scans daily automatically. The free one you need to update and scan yourself (I recommend the same time at least once a week to my frugal friends).
Old 05-09-2015, 11:17 AM   #13

Wow, sounds scary. I didn't get any warnings from the site I connected to so hope all is okay here.
Digby (Lhasa Apso)
2014 Shamrock 23IKSS
Old 05-09-2015, 09:50 PM   #14

Let me add a clarification. The malware warning came because I mistakenly thought I needed to download the app to make it work. On the contrary, it works right on the screen. Just click on the states you visited and save it to your computer in JPEG format. Then just go to your "User CP" page and edit your signature block. Hit "browse" and go to the place where you saved it on your computer. Hit "open" when you locate the folder in which you saved it, and it will upload into your signature. Just be sure to "save" when you're done.
Old 06-10-2015, 07:38 PM   #15

Ya'll got me goin' on this map thing...this is a test..

Well...that didn't work...
BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:40 PM   #16

Attempt #2

Hmmmmm....
BellaLynda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-10-2015, 07:42 PM   #17

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaLynda View Post
Attempt #2
Did you check the save changes box?
Old 06-10-2015, 07:48 PM   #18

Yup
Old 06-10-2015, 07:56 PM   #19

OK...so I guess I'll use it as my avatar.