Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-21-2011, 07:05 AM   #11
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Jacksonville
Posts: 74
I continue to have problems signing in/loading the page. Misery loves company, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For months I just clicked on my favorites tab and the page appeared. Now, I must sign in each time and sometimes my password is not recognized and I have to sign in 5 times to get to an email redirecting me to a sign in site.
__________________

__________________
UPGRADER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:38 AM   #12
Site Team - Lou
 
Herk7769's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: South Eastern PA
Posts: 21,168
Quote:
Originally Posted by UPGRADER View Post
I continue to have problems signing in/loading the page. Misery loves company, so I'm glad to hear I'm not the only one. For months I just clicked on my favorites tab and the page appeared. Now, I must sign in each time and sometimes my password is not recognized and I have to sign in 5 times to get to an email redirecting me to a sign in site.
This may be viral or Trojan behavior. When did you last scan for Malware?

I recommend www.malwarebytes.org and Hitman Pro 3.5 from www.downloads,com

Both are free and work well together. Hitman Pro will clean your PC the first time free; then you will need to buy it to fight future infections.

If you are infected with a Trojan or bot your other passwords may also be at risk of compromise. I would then (with a cleaned computer) change all passwords especially banking ones.
__________________

__________________

Lou and Laura with Bella - German Short Hair Pointer
2008 GMC Sierra 2500HD Crewcab SB Allison Duramax
2010 Flagstaff 8526RLWS - Superglide 3300
HAM CALLSIGN - KC3FFW
Herk7769 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 12:37 PM   #13
Senior Member
 
cat1956's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2008
Location: Chelsea, Alabama
Posts: 323
OK just went next door and used a different computer and it is still showing the same.
__________________
cat1956 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:02 PM   #14
Member
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: South Attleboro, Mass
Posts: 67
I had that issue yesterday for about 2 hours then it cleared up and has been running fine.
__________________
2015 Dodge Ram 1500 Quad Cab 4WD w/trailer pkg
345HP 5.7 Hemi/8spd Auto/3.73 Rear
2010 Roo 23SS
Prodigy Brake Controller
Equal-i-zer WD Hitch
2003 Harley FXDX Super Glide
browne02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:11 PM   #15
Senior Member
 
Boyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iron River, MI
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by herk7769 View Post
This may be viral or Trojan behavior. When did you last scan for Malware?

I recommend www.malwarebytes.org and Hitman Pro 3.5 from www.downloads,com

Both are free and work well together. Hitman Pro will clean your PC the first time free; then you will need to buy it to fight future infections.

If you are infected with a Trojan or bot your other passwords may also be at risk of compromise. I would then (with a cleaned computer) change all passwords especially banking ones.
Just completed two full virus and Ad-Aware scans with a reboot. Still the problem remains. Notified admin but have yet to hear back. I do believe it is an internal FR Forums problem.
__________________
"If everything seems to be going well, look around, you've obviously overlooked something."
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:22 PM   #16
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,768
Hi - I don't think you have a virus. If images aren't displaying properly there could be several reasons...

1. Slow internet connection
2. Bottle neck at your isps end
3. Slow downs at our end

We load images and text separately to the site to keep pages running swiftly. Some images like avatars, profile and icons are the last to load. Until they arrive you see the box with the x. If any of the list above is an issue your result will be as described. Currently images seem to be loading and I am not aware of any issues at this end.
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 01:44 PM   #17
Senior Member
 
Boyd's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2010
Location: Iron River, MI
Posts: 378
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hi - I don't think you have a virus. If images aren't displaying properly there could be several reasons...

1. Slow internet connection
2. Bottle neck at your isps end
3. Slow downs at our end

We load images and text separately to the site to keep pages running swiftly. Some images like avatars, profile and icons are the last to load. Until they arrive you see the box with the x. If any of the list above is an issue your result will be as described. Currently images seem to be loading and I am not aware of any issues at this end.
Just did a speed/ping check and I'm in the top two thirds, which is better than normal. And, all other sites are working well. Roaming around the FR site all works fine (Even Photo Gallery) except the Red X's show up in : Portal, Active Threads, News and More Polls accessed from the Main Menu. Thanks Janet
__________________
"If everything seems to be going well, look around, you've obviously overlooked something."
Boyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:25 PM   #18
Senior Member
 
grhodes50's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Eastern Oklahoma, USA
Posts: 2,613
Quote:
Originally Posted by Janet H View Post
Hi - I don't think you have a virus. If images aren't displaying properly there could be several reasons...

1. Slow internet connection
2. Bottle neck at your isps end
3. Slow downs at our end

We load images and text separately to the site to keep pages running swiftly. Some images like avatars, profile and icons are the last to load. Until they arrive you see the box with the x. If any of the list above is an issue your result will be as described. Currently images seem to be loading and I am not aware of any issues at this end.
I really don't know too much about this kind of thing, but as I sated in my earlier post I am having problems with the portal page only. All other pages show images, avatars and attachments as usual.
Again, It's the same on two different computers using two different providers. One provider is slow, but the other is very fast.
Maybe all that will mean something to you, but to me it just means I can't see images on the portal page!
__________________

Gary & Trish
"PT Crew Member Since 11/2010"
2017 Prime Time Crusader 315RST TE 6.0 : 2007 Flagstaff 206ST MAC Series
2012 F-250 Lariat : FX4 : CC : SB : 6.7L Diesel : 3/55 Gears

2017 Nights Camped - 4
grhodes50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 04:27 PM   #19
Site Team
 
Janet H's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Pacific NW
Posts: 2,768
Quote:
Originally Posted by grhodes50 View Post
Maybe all that will mean something to you, but to me it just means I can't see images on the portal page!

Thanks - it was useful and we're looking at this. The portal page is a different platform than the rest of the site and it's possible there are some problems. Still scratching our heads
Janet H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2011, 07:43 PM   #20
Member
 
greenliner's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 97
I've been having problems with images and signatures on all pages since last evening on two different computers and two different IP's. Currently using Chrome browser - will try with IE
__________________

__________________
If you can't wake up with a smile on your face, go to bed with a coat hanger in your mouth!!

2005 Ford F150 5.4
2011 Salem 21FBS
greenliner is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by




ForestRiverForums.com is not in any way associated with Forest River, Inc. or its associated RV manufacturing divisions.


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 03:40 AM.