Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Closed Thread

Old 03-30-2015, 09:57 PM   #1
Mod free 5er

Why is Phrog Pond Hidden?

Why is it when you put Phrog Pond in Search it doesn't take you to that thread and also when you go to your statistics and look at threads, there is no record of answering any threads pertaining to the Phrog Pond or the sub categories to it? Inquiring minds want to know!
Old 03-30-2015, 10:05 PM   #2
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by OldCoot View Post
Why is it when you put Phrog Pond in Search it doesn't take you to that thread and also when you go to your statistics and look at threads, there is no record of answering any threads pertaining to the Phrog Pond or the sub categories to it? Inquiring minds want to know!
No one seems to know, I've asked several times.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded, 32bhok Sabre
Old 03-30-2015, 10:06 PM   #3
Site Team - Lou

The Phrog Pond is membership only. While "the rules" still apply, posts in the pond are more self monitored and the staff allows a lot more leeway than in the open forums.

By only allowing access to the Phrog forum by Phat Phrog members, the sensitivities of the general public can be spared from those wild and crazy guys.

The instructions for joining the Phrogs can be found under the "Community" groups menu tab. Anyone can join, but the "wild west" alert is part of the joining instructions.

The goal is to keep the friendly sniping among Phrogs from clogging up the public forums where we are actually trying to help people.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:08 PM   #4
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
Originally Posted by TURBS View Post

TURBS
The side bar (Recent Discussions) only lists current threads posted in the general viewing area.
There is no way to list community group threads there.
Old 03-30-2015, 10:10 PM   #5
Mod free 5er

OK, but why, when you go to your statistics and look at threads, there is no record of answering any threads pertaining to the Phrog Pond or the sub categories to it?
Old 03-30-2015, 10:14 PM   #6
Site Team - Lou

Quote:
OK, but why, when you go to your statistics and look at threads, there is no record of answering any threads pertaining to the Phrog Pond or the sub categories to it?
Don't know. This would be a question for the techs.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:02 AM   #7
Site Team

My understanding is the The Phrog Pond is a unique social group. A group member is able to view the groups postings in global, but ANY group posting will not show up in the members posting history...as social groups are more of a chat room kind of thing between like minded members. The chats do not show up in the searches, posts, or posting history.

Forest River Forums - FAQ: User Profile Features

What is a social group?
A social group is a group of people usually with a particular interest or something else in common. It provides a way of communicating between members as well as sharing photos or other images.
You can get to the list through 'Group Memberships' section on your public profile (?).
The Social Groups list page displays all groups that have been created. You can list the groups by the number of members, messages or pictures, the group name, when the group was created or by the date of the most recent message posted. You can use the controls provided to search for a group.
How do I join a group?
To join a group, click the group title then click 'Join Group'. When you have joined a group, its name will be shown in your public profile. You must be a logged-in, registered member to join groups.
Can I create my own social group?
As a registered member, you can create your own social group (providing the administrator allows this). Go to the groups page and click 'Create A New Group'. Complete the title and description for your group then select the type. There are three types of groups:
  • Public - open to everyone. There is no restriction on who can join or who can post messages to it
  • Invite Only - require an invitation to be sent to join them. Invitations can only be sent by the group creator or forum moderators and administrators. Invitations are sent by clicking 'Pending & Invited Members' at the bottom of the page for that individual group
  • Moderated - open to everyone to join but messages need to be moderated before they will appear. They are moderated by the group creator and the site moderators and administrators

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
Old 03-31-2015, 06:14 AM   #8

Quote:

TURBS
Very easy to answer,it leaves space for (Important Questions) like (How much can my truck pull,or China Tires)! Youroo!!
Old 03-31-2015, 06:19 AM   #9
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Which is what I meant by replying to oc's first thread.

TURBS
Old 03-31-2015, 06:44 AM   #10
Mod free 5er

Quote:
Which is what I meant by replying to oc's first thread.

TURBS
I guess it's an unanswerable question, like "how high is up?".
Old 03-31-2015, 07:02 AM   #11

Send a message via AIM to B and B
Why is Phrog Pond Hidden?

Why is the sky blue? Or frogs are green? Or why it is snowing again and I can not go camping! lol...
2015 Heartland Bighorn 5th Wheel
2013 FR Rockwood 8289WS 5th Wheel
2012 FR Rockwood 2703 SS Travel Trailer
Old 03-31-2015, 02:42 PM   #12
Site Team

Quote:
There was a setting off and it has been changed now so that you should be able to search.
Closed Thread