Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2018, 09:13 AM   #1

XL378 heating

We just took delivery of our new Georgetown XL 378. On our first weekend trip we had a bunch of furnace issues. The biggest being that the bedroom furnace has a duct that discharges directly below the living area thermostat. As soon as the bedroom furnace starts it creates enough heat from this duct to signal the living room stat to shut down. I'm thinking that there bedroom furnace was connected this way in error, and that the duct should be connected to the living room furnace. Has anyone else had this issue? Secondly there are ducts directly below each stat which short cycles the furnaces. Anyone have a solution? Thanks Len
Lenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:45 AM   #2

In my 2012 378 all the floor ducts are connected to the bedroom controlled furnace and I believe it is the 35K BTU one. The living room furnace (20K BTU) only discharges thru the immediate area round registers. The living room furnace is in the slide and don't think that would be a good idea to try and connect to floor registers, do you? The floor duct close to the front room thermostat in my unit is on the right hand side of the stepwell with the thermostat on the left. My duct does have the flapper to close that duct off.
bubbles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 09:47 AM   #3
Kanadian Kamper

If you’re talking about floor registers, I bought a few of these so I can control where the heat gets directed.

https://www.campingworld.com/floor-r...ith-damper-tan

BTW....ducts are the channel that funnels the heat to the various registers.

Ken and Terry
2018 Sunseeker 2430S-CD, nicely modified and carried by a 2017 Ford E450 Sport
Former Georgetown 330TS owner for 10 years with more mods than I can count, pushed by our 2017 GMC Terrain
kenandterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 10:07 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by kenandterry View Post
If you’re talking about floor registers, I bought a few of these so I can control where the heat gets directed.

https://www.campingworld.com/floor-r...ith-damper-tan

BTW....ducts are the channel that funnels the heat to the various registers.
Terminology sometimes does go by the wayside but you do know what he is talking about.
Old 10-21-2018, 02:52 PM   #5

Since your unit is new you should take it back to the dealer, the 35k furnace is powered by the bedroom t stat, if the living room t stat is powering up the furnace then it is miswired and that needs to be fixed.
JimF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 03:13 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimF View Post
Since your unit is new you should take it back to the dealer, the 35k furnace is powered by the bedroom t stat, if the living room t stat is powering up the furnace then it is miswired and that needs to be fixed.
Me thinks you need to read the OP's original post again, slowly.
Old 10-21-2018, 03:45 PM   #7

378 heating

Thanks for the input. I am aware that ducts supply the air and registers or grilles make it look pretty as the air passes through. The unit is definitely going back to the dealer as the punch list is unfortunately extensive. But I'm not wanting them to feed me a bunch talk, and am wishing to see how other units were ducted. Thank you
Lenb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-21-2018, 06:07 PM   #8

Don't know what year your 378 is. I looked at the 2019 378 and it is the same as all other 378's I've seen. The only difference for the later model has been the moving of the 35K btu furnace to under the kitchen sink to accommodate the residential fridge. My furnace is under a Dometic fridge (it's smaller) in the same location as the residential. However; the register layout appears to be the same in the living room area. I don't know about the later model bedroom. Could you post some pictures showing your concerns?
Old 06-06-2021, 02:46 PM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbles View Post
Don't know what year your 378 is. I looked at the 2019 378 and it is the same as all other 378's I've seen. The only difference for the later model has been the moving of the 35K btu furnace to under the kitchen sink to accommodate the residential fridge. My furnace is under a Dometic fridge (it's smaller) in the same location as the residential. However; the register layout appears to be the same in the living room area. I don't know about the later model bedroom. Could you post some pictures showing your concerns?

Do you happen to know the layout of the infloor ducting on the 378? I know the ducting is not straight & has jogs in it.
Thanks.
Bannertech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
heating