Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-24-2015, 10:29 PM   #1

30 states, 16000 kms in 32 days

Last June we embarked on a trip of a lifetime. We traveled through Washington, Oregon and California then cut across to Nevada to get on the I80. We trekked through parts of the old rte. 66 and went as far south as New Orleans then east to South Carolina and then up the coast to New York City then Pennsylvania across the I40 back home to British Columbia.
We had no problem finding sites to stay in. We did hit some interesting weather at times. We met a lot of interesting people as we tried to stay off the major highways and travel through small towns.
The only problem we had was on our way back we severed our power cord to the tow vehicle. We lost all power to the trailer and even after replacing the cord could still not get it back. Once we were home we discovered an unknown fuse set on the A frame. Thankfully I always carry a small jug of water on board. This enabled me to still prepare meals even without the pump. It was great to see so many landmarks in person.
I hope to do the Maritimes next year.
coastal camper is offline   Reply With Quote