Old 07-07-2013, 04:06 PM   #21
NELA

And,

who does all the laundry when the TT comes home?

Towels
sheets
kitchen linens, etc.?

Did they all bring their own?

Ours just came out of the dryer...just the 2 of us, full load of whites.

I always immediately return them to the camper as soon as they come out of the dryer.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 05:14 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by kb4srn View Post

I agree.
X3

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 06:48 PM   #23

I thought I was the only one that didn't like to share my living space while camping. I have a routine in the morning that includes coffee and I don't want to have to climb over others or have to be quiet while getting it. As far as the comment that others don't care when they have no monetary interest they do tend to be careless. If anyone feels the need to go camping with us we still have our tents from the roughing it days.

2008 wildwood 29fkss
2001 Ford F250 w/7.3 Power Stroke diesel
funnthestix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2013, 11:47 PM   #24
NELA

Amen on the morning routine. DH and I just aren't the breakfast type most mornings. Coffee isn't even a must have....I'm fine with my caffeine cold (diet soda).

I'm not keen on playing Susie Home Maker and Southern Hostess when it comes to leisure/camping time. And I'm certainly not keen on someone *else* playin' house in my new kitchen!

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:23 AM   #25
Fulltime family RVer

My family is definitely ones to have always pack folks in and be all over each other. My Mom was 1 of 8 - being crowded was just part of life. And, it's a tradition handed down through my generation and my kids' generation. Our Christmas parties are usually 40 people in someone's house for the day (well, the kids usually end up outside after a while no matter how cold it is!).

It's a "thing" in our family, so they say. It works for us. Even this trip, the kids and the families together is our idea of a good time- it was fun listening to the kids in the bunkhouse the first night giggling it up. Each time a parent would go back, a kid would be in a different bed. Even the teens got in on the fun.

As for cleanup and whatnot.. yeah, that's us. But, we stayed at the campground an extra day and took care of most of the cleanup already. Still a lot of laundry (but, heck- the sheets and stuff are minor compared to the mountain of clothes we've accumulated so far). We'll camp on our way home and then crash at my in-laws for a few days.

I bought a camper that, on paper, sleeps 12 - I'm going to use it like that!
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #26
Fulltime family RVer

And- the only problem that we had turned out to be hellishly gross was a clogged toilet on the last day. Turns out I didn't give instructions for extra water with the poops and was using much too much sewer hose to get a strong flush as I dumped.

Easily the grossest thing I've ever dealt with...
Old 07-08-2013, 10:27 AM   #27

we put 6 kids in the bunkhouse 2 weeks ago , sure is nice that it sleeps 6 because that means non would of been in the living room

06 LBZ ,CC 4x
lots of mods
Superglide
jevanb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2013, 10:43 AM   #28
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

I'm with you ependydad! I love the chaos, and even though it may be my RV, our family and friends treat it as if it were there own. They all help out with the cooking, cleaning, making of beds, laundry, watching kids, etc... I'm sure that we will probably have guests while in Goshen, at least I hope so. I know that at least a couple more kids will make the trip. I automatically include them when planning a trip.
Old 07-08-2013, 11:08 AM   #29
Moderator Emeritus

Quote:
Originally Posted by ttrost65 View Post
I'm with you ependydad! I love the chaos, and even though it may be my RV, our family and friends treat it as if it were there own. They all help out with the cooking, cleaning, making of beds, laundry, watching kids, etc... I'm sure that we will probably have guests while in Goshen, at least I hope so. I know that at least a couple more kids will make the trip. I automatically include them when planning a trip.
Well said Timmy!

RVChick is offline   Reply With Quote