Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-27-2018, 12:18 PM   #41
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indymule View Post
The wife and I purchased our new 5’ver in April and started cleaning out the house over Memorial Day weekend. Had a young couple approach us while we were filling the dumpster and asked to purchase our house. They had 3 kids, liked the neighborhood and wanted a 4 bedroom house (most in our neighborhood were 3 bedrooms). We sold the house to them and moved out in 10 days. Everything worked out great and we were full timers before we knew it. We met a even younger couple that had just got married and had no money to setup their first apartment. We gave them a majority of the furniture and kitchen items, the rest went to a local charity. It felt good to be able to help someone else and relieve ourselves of all our goods. God has a way of making things work out.
I had a young couple that did that to me when I was loading up the rolloff dumpster.

Offered me $35,000 more than my asking price!

But I turned them down as I didn't want to go through the bank process of trying to fit their loan requirements (no new this or that or any remodeling from me...that kind of stuff).

I was after a cash offer and had it priced for that...and got my asking price in cash and closed out in two weeks instead of months.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2018, 12:41 PM   #42

That was the beauty of ours. Sold house as is, no inspection or requirements. We closed 2 weeks later and were done.
2017 Ford F350 Crewcab Dually Diesel
Officially homeless and loving it.
Ham Callsign K9NDY
Indymule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 11:29 AM   #43

And
heyboom1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2019, 12:23 PM   #44

We are on our sixth year of full timing and enjoy it very much and hope to continue another four or five years. We have met and continue to associate with more people since we have been out here than when we worked and owned homes the last 48 years of being together and raising our children. The folks we have met have been in all age groups and all kinds of different lifestyles and back grounds with great stories to match.

Now I have to turn into a Negative Ned and add a few things that I have observed. I firmly believe in staying out here as long as you are able and are healthy enough in your own situation to continue. But what concerns me is when I observe in our travels a DH or DW or partner step out from a (insert MH, or TV here) exhausted, stressed, or not healthy looking and walking with a walker or cane try to start a setup. God bless em for trying to stay out here but I have worries about them.

Not trying to start a fight but I have genuine concerns. Our time will be up some day too.

Dave
Western Golf and Country Cart (custom body, EZ-GO frame)
Arguing with some people is like trying to smell the color 9
Volvodriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:09 AM   #45

Once you’re gone you’re gone. Why do without, in the end it’s doing what you enjoy while you’re here. Why save it?
sunnman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 09:36 AM   #46

Go until it seems like too much work. Be realistic about how far you drive in a day. Set realistic goals. Have fun and keep moving.

I am getting to the end of my backpacking career after 58 years, and approaching the age of 70. Now having an RV has more appeal than before. It is comfortable and safe.

My Dad is 93 and gave up his RV, but he still drives two seater sports cars.
ppine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 12:57 PM   #47

My backpacking days are over unless great granddaughter wants to go one day. I talked DW into one trip on the Appalachian Trail, she said never again. But she will go anywhere in the camper.
spock123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2019, 01:18 PM   #48

A quick real story from my old days sailing:
A couple in their mid 50s decided to sell everything they had, move to a sailing boat and travel the world.
On the day of departure, 3 couples - their best friends - came to the dock to wish the farewell and say goodbye...
30 years later, when they came back to the same pier, none of the 3 couples that came to say goodbye when they started where alive....
Going out will make you live longer and healthier.

Concern and stress are two of the things that is killing us so a new rig would bring less concern and stress than a used one if you can buy and pay it off so no concern about a monthly payment, etc...
More important than how much you will leave to your family is how long you will be with them... So go out and extend your life....
If family think otherwise they don't deserve the $ anyway then....

" Life is simpler when you plow around the stump..."
RACarvalho is offline   Reply With Quote