Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-15-2014, 05:23 PM   #1
Cyber Phrenologist

Bambi, Camping World and Me.

I love to order stuff online, and before that from catalogs. I guess because it's a little like Christmas, it gives me something to look forward to.

Today the latest package from Camping World arrived.

Got a water heater anode, a little organizer for the sink Sweet Wife liked. A few other things. But the reason for the order was new step covers, the kind with the springs that wrap around the steps and you wipe your feet on the way into the trailer.

You see the deer that frequent (frequent indeed, they LIVE here) our yard, and garden, had chewed the old ones right off the steps. Ever had that happen to you?

Others have rats chewing their trailers. Not me. I got deer.

What have the wildlife chewed off your camper?

Radio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 07:44 AM   #2

Red, a dog from down the road stole a pair of leather shoes once. Took them both in one trip. Saw him running away with a shoe sticking out each side of his mouth

2000 Cherokee, LEDs, solar, inverter, etc. '07 Tundra 5.7L DC-LB, modded as well.
Old 01-17-2014, 08:09 AM   #3

I've had raccoons rummage through the beer cooler once
iceblaze580 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:30 PM   #4
NELA

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceblaze580 View Post
I've had raccoons rummage through the beer cooler once

LOL we have picnic areas along the river here with 'coons so smart your cooler wrapped with bungee cords isn't safe!

I'd love to set up a game camera and catch their reaction when they chew the bungee in two and one of 'em gets slapped in the face with that metal hook.

At my house the squirrels drive us nuts! (no pun intended) I keep a 15 gallon galvanized can to store my bird feed and chicken feed in. The handle when raised locks the lid on. They learned how to lower the handle to unlock the lid, so I then placed a metal pipe through the handle to prevent lowering it. They politely removed the pipe. I even duct tapped the lid on. Didn't even slow 'em down. I guess I'll have to install hasp type latches on two sides of the lid, since they'd just flip the lid off the other side with just one latch on it.

I moved to the galvanized can when they chewed holes in the bottom edge of a thick plastic five gallon can with a secure lid, *and* a heavy object on top of the lid.

And YES, I *do* feed the squirrels. I have feeders for them filled with corn, proving "you only want what you can't get", except they CAN get it.

If age is a state of mind, and I've lost my mind, I'm AGELESS, right?
Give me 40 acres and I'll turn this rig around:
Flagstaff 5er 2014 8528 IKWS, Platinum Package, Regency Interior "Buffy"
F250 Super Duty 2013 Tuxedo Black "Biff"
Days camped 2014: 30
Weezer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2014, 12:59 PM   #5
CLASS "A" Senior Member

Squirrels and Chipmunks love chewing on just about anything. DW has tree faces all over the place. Most have chewed out eyes, lips, teeth etc. they look creepier than when she bought them. Rubber gas line for the propane grill. Must be like licorice to the little buggers. So far just one incident with the RV, but it was on our previous trailer. One or the other chewed both of the propane lines completely from the bottles to the regulator. We were getting ready for a trip and I went out to turn on the bottles so the fridge would be cold during our travel. Pulled the tank cover up and found two open end hoses. Had to go buy new hoses and added metal seal-tite flexible electrical conduit to cover them. Problem solved. Thankfully so far the motorhome hasn't been chewed on yet.

2007 Georgetown 370TS
aka - RAYNMKR

Driver: Charlie
Navigator: Sheri
cfsoistman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-18-2014, 12:42 AM   #6

We have had racoons get in the cooler too. They drank all of the Capri Suns, Sprite, and Orange Fanta but left the Diet Cokes.

2014 PT Tracer 2950 BHS
2008 Chevy 1500 CC
bayoubuggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2014, 10:03 PM   #7

Once in southern west Virginia we had a black bear steal a 30 pack of bush lite out of the bed of our truck while a buddy and I were out 4wheeling when we got back to camp the campground owner showed us the security. Camera footage and that bear stood up along side the truck bed and snatched the whole 30 pack scratching the side of the truck in the process
scrambler44 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
camping