Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #1
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 37
BEER: Helping Campers Camp Since the Dawn of Time.



The wife and I are new to RV camping, having tent camped for a number of years. Now that we have a new PUP with a fridge, I'm taking my beer game to the next level. I work part-time for a local craft brewery and enjoy finding new brews to try...not just for camping, but for all occasions. I plan to incorporate some destination breweries into our adventures that lie ahead. In fact, our first mini excursion with the new PUP landed us on the doorsteps of one of the finest breweries in the world right now; Treehouse Brewing in MA.

What are some of your favorite breweries / beers?
Are there any beer traders out there?

Here's a pic-for-clicks of one of my current faves: Haze Double IPA from Treehouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HAZE.jpg
Views:	313
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	182619  
__________________

__________________
"You cannot learn what you think you already know." -
"The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"
User Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Mar 2014
Location: Saint Louis
Posts: 1,412
Saint Louis here


We have Perennial, Side Project, Main and Mill and Narrow Gauge as highly respected and sought out beers.
__________________

__________________
2015 Ram 2500 4x4 6.4l with 2015 Sandpiper 25RLS
Wife, myself and 2 furry kids
Mountndream is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Empty Nesters
 
KenandCarol's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2017
Location: Santa Maria, CA
Posts: 361
Down here on the Central Coast of California I enjoy Firestone Brewery, Figueroa Mountain Brewery, Solvang Brewery and Naughty Oak Brewery. Santa Maria Brewery deserves an honorable mention. Enough breweries around here to make a brewery tour!
__________________
2017 Sunseeker 2250 24' MH
KenandCarol is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Feb 2016
Posts: 569
You definitely hit the mecca at Tree House, like you said, some of the best out there right now!! We were there in May, what a beautiful brewery.



I'm in Buffalo, we have a lot of great breweries like Big Ditch, Pressure Drop, Resurgence, OFW, Thin Man and 42 North just to name a few, I'd be up for some trading!!!
__________________
2019 Silverado 1500

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
Site Team
 
Kaadk's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 5,173
Not really a 'beer', I've been enjoying the stuff from 'Small town brewery' for some lazy sipping around the campfire.

I also hit two beer fest locally each year to try out various Micro Brews. The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth MI in May, which we camp at every year, at the Michigan Brewers Guild Detroit Fall Festival in October in Detroit (day trip for that one).
__________________
There's no use crying over spilt milk... unless it's on your keyboard.
Kaadk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: Yuma, Arizona
Posts: 3,882
Quote:
Originally Posted by User Banned View Post


The wife and I are new to RV camping, having tent camped for a number of years.

Now that we have a new PUP with a fridge, I'm taking my beer game to the next level.
You may find that keeping your beer cold will still require the use of a cooler!

RV fridges will not stay cold if you open the door a lot.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #7
Senior Member
 
robbiels7's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2018
Location: New port Richey FL
Posts: 1,066
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Not really a 'beer', I've been enjoying the stuff from 'Small town brewery' for some lazy sipping around the campfire.

I also hit two beer fest locally each year to try out various Micro Brews. The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth MI in May, which we camp at every year, at the Michigan Brewers Guild Detroit Fall Festival in October in Detroit (day trip for that one).
For fathers day I got a northern brewer kit so now we will be trying out our first one Sunday. Which is a block party amber. We plan on cracking a few open as we brew our second batch. The second is a cream ale. We will be saving some from this and the next one should be ready for our fort wilderness trip.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #8
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: Elkhorn, NE
Posts: 123
I've been on several tours in Missouri and Colorado. Boulevard was pretty good in KC but New Belgium in Fort Collins was the best tour (so far). On the other hand, although not related (my last name is Odell), I am partial to Odell's 90 Schilling (another Fort Collins brewery).
__________________
2012 Sunseeker 2250S/2008 Yamaha Venture (1300 cc V-Four)

rebellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #9
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
You definitely hit the mecca at Tree House, like you said, some of the best out there right now!! We were there in May, what a beautiful brewery.



I'm in Buffalo, we have a lot of great breweries like Big Ditch, Pressure Drop, Resurgence, OFW, Thin Man and 42 North just to name a few, I'd be up for some trading!!!
I'm right around the corner from Tired Hands in Ardmore, PA, which is always in the top 3 for beer trading, right along with Treehouse and Monkish out in Torrance, CA. Other Half in NYC is supposed to be legit as well.
__________________
"You cannot learn what you think you already know." -
"The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"
User Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #10
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: PA
Posts: 37
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You may find that keeping your beer cold will still require the use of a cooler!

RV fridges will not stay cold if you open the door a lot.

Ha! Well, I'm sure the wife is going to take over the fridge with food anyway, so I'll rely on my YETI that has served me well the past few years.
__________________

__________________
"You cannot learn what you think you already know." -
"The difficult we do immediately; the impossible takes a little longer"
User Banned is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
camper

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



» Featured Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Forest River, Inc. or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.




Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:12 PM.