Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-08-2018, 10:05 AM   #1

BEER: Helping Campers Camp Since the Dawn of Time.

The wife and I are new to RV camping, having tent camped for a number of years. Now that we have a new PUP with a fridge, I'm taking my beer game to the next level. I work part-time for a local craft brewery and enjoy finding new brews to try...not just for camping, but for all occasions. I plan to incorporate some destination breweries into our adventures that lie ahead. In fact, our first mini excursion with the new PUP landed us on the doorsteps of one of the finest breweries in the world right now; Treehouse Brewing in MA.

What are some of your favorite breweries / beers?
Are there any beer traders out there?

Here's a pic-for-clicks of one of my current faves: Haze Double IPA from Treehouse.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	HAZE.jpg
Views:	395
Size:	293.3 KB
ID:	182619  
Old 08-08-2018, 10:11 AM   #2

Saint Louis here

We have Perennial, Side Project, Main and Mill and Narrow Gauge as highly respected and sought out beers.
Old 08-08-2018, 10:16 AM   #3
Empty Nesters

Down here on the Central Coast of California I enjoy Firestone Brewery, Figueroa Mountain Brewery, Solvang Brewery and Naughty Oak Brewery. Santa Maria Brewery deserves an honorable mention. Enough breweries around here to make a brewery tour!
Old 08-08-2018, 10:17 AM   #4

You definitely hit the mecca at Tree House, like you said, some of the best out there right now!! We were there in May, what a beautiful brewery.

I'm in Buffalo, we have a lot of great breweries like Big Ditch, Pressure Drop, Resurgence, OFW, Thin Man and 42 North just to name a few, I'd be up for some trading!!!

No camper, currently
polishdon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 10:38 AM   #5
Moderator Emeritus

Not really a 'beer', I've been enjoying the stuff from 'Small town brewery' for some lazy sipping around the campfire.

I also hit two beer fest locally each year to try out various Micro Brews. The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth MI in May, which we camp at every year, at the Michigan Brewers Guild Detroit Fall Festival in October in Detroit (day trip for that one).
Old 08-08-2018, 11:02 AM   #6
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Banned View Post

The wife and I are new to RV camping, having tent camped for a number of years.

Now that we have a new PUP with a fridge, I'm taking my beer game to the next level.
You may find that keeping your beer cold will still require the use of a cooler!

RV fridges will not stay cold if you open the door a lot.
JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:03 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaadk View Post
Not really a 'beer', I've been enjoying the stuff from 'Small town brewery' for some lazy sipping around the campfire.

I also hit two beer fest locally each year to try out various Micro Brews. The World Expo of Beer in Frankenmuth MI in May, which we camp at every year, at the Michigan Brewers Guild Detroit Fall Festival in October in Detroit (day trip for that one).
For fathers day I got a northern brewer kit so now we will be trying out our first one Sunday. Which is a block party amber. We plan on cracking a few open as we brew our second batch. The second is a cream ale. We will be saving some from this and the next one should be ready for our fort wilderness trip.
robbiels7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:34 AM   #8

I've been on several tours in Missouri and Colorado. Boulevard was pretty good in KC but New Belgium in Fort Collins was the best tour (so far). On the other hand, although not related (my last name is Odell), I am partial to Odell's 90 Schilling (another Fort Collins brewery).

rebellee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 11:47 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by polishdon View Post
You definitely hit the mecca at Tree House, like you said, some of the best out there right now!! We were there in May, what a beautiful brewery.

I'm in Buffalo, we have a lot of great breweries like Big Ditch, Pressure Drop, Resurgence, OFW, Thin Man and 42 North just to name a few, I'd be up for some trading!!!
I'm right around the corner from Tired Hands in Ardmore, PA, which is always in the top 3 for beer trading, right along with Treehouse and Monkish out in Torrance, CA. Other Half in NYC is supposed to be legit as well.
Old 08-08-2018, 11:48 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnD10 View Post
You may find that keeping your beer cold will still require the use of a cooler!

RV fridges will not stay cold if you open the door a lot.

Ha! Well, I'm sure the wife is going to take over the fridge with food anyway, so I'll rely on my YETI that has served me well the past few years.
Old 08-08-2018, 12:11 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mountndream View Post
Saint Louis here

We have Perennial, Side Project, Main and Mill and Narrow Gauge as highly respected and sought out beers.
I'm from Hillsboro, Main and Mill is very close to me. I've been there for dinner but haven't tried their beers yet. It's funny how you tend to forget about things that are so close to home.

2014 Coachmen Freedom Express 254DSX
2015 Chevy Silverado 1500 Crew Cab 4x4 6.2L
BeckyMax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:28 PM   #12

Since the dawn of time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by User Banned View Post

The wife and I are new to RV camping, having tent camped for a number of years. Now that we have a new PUP with a fridge, I'm taking my beer game to the next level. I work part-time for a local craft brewery and enjoy finding new brews to try...not just for camping, but for all occasions. I plan to incorporate some destination breweries into our adventures that lie ahead. In fact, our first mini excursion with the new PUP landed us on the doorsteps of one of the finest breweries in the world right now; Treehouse Brewing in MA.

What are some of your favorite breweries / beers?
Are there any beer traders out there?

Here's a pic-for-clicks of one of my current faves: Haze Double IPA from Treehouse.

Greetings from SW Ontario. If you come to this area, you'll find a great number of micro breweries, producing excellent product. Cowbell in Blyth produces 4 or 5 brews which I have tried, all of them very good. Rail City in St. Thomas is another. Our larger liquor stores (LCBO) usually have a cold room with a great selection.

Come visit here, your palate will be pleased.

Cheers

amblt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:29 PM   #13

Yuengling and sons
jeffro77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 12:58 PM   #14

New Glarus Brewing in New Glarus, Wisconsin. One mile from New Glarus Woods State Park campground. Spotted Cow is their best selling beer.
Old 08-08-2018, 01:24 PM   #15

Hi,
Here in Erie PA we have several great Micro brews around.
Erie Brewing, Southern Tier, Voo-Doo, Timber Creek and about 8-10 other small brewing companies that produce some very respectable ales! Love the brew tours, The Finger Lakes region has some great cider and beer brews as well. All great for a good day of tasting and then clashing glasses at night around a fire.
Sharpshooterspb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 01:27 PM   #16
Denver To Yuma In 90 Days

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebellee View Post
I've been on several tours in Missouri and Colorado. Boulevard was pretty good in KC but New Belgium in Fort Collins was the best tour (so far). On the other hand, although not related (my last name is Odell), I am partial to Odell's 90 Schilling (another Fort Collins brewery).
Did the New Belgium brewery tour last year in Ft. Collins.

Was awesome...best one I've been on yet!

The Coors tour in Golden, CO is great, too, although skip the Friday tour as many of the School Of Mine's students go in there for the free beer!

JohnD10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:20 PM   #17
AKA: 'tiredTeacher

Hey, y'all, if you make to Virginia head on down to near where I-64 crosses the Blue Ridge. There's a mighty fine brewery there called Devil's Backbone (named for a nearby mountain). These boys put in a campground for us.
Here ya go: Devils Backbone Brewing Company -
2010 Tundra 4X4 5.7L V8
2014 Rockwood 2604WS
Life is a cruel teacher. She gives the test first; the lesson then follows.
awellis3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:41 PM   #18

Miller or Coors for me
Amateur Radio W5CI 2019 Days Camping 25
2020 Days Camping 7
W5CI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2018, 02:49 PM   #19

I like a variety.. winter time I like New Holland’s Dragon’s Milk and Kentucky Bourbon Barrel Ale..
Summertime beer is Leinenkugels Summer Shandy.

Although when in Wisconsin, New Glarus Spotted Cow.
Old 08-08-2018, 02:52 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by PSU Turf View Post
New Glarus Brewing in New Glarus, Wisconsin. One mile from New Glarus Woods State Park campground. Spotted Cow is their best selling beer.
Good beer! I also like their Two Women brew

Just wish New Glarus was available outside of Wisconsin!

Tags
camper