Old 05-04-2015, 11:59 AM   #11
Site Team

OK, the site team did a little cleanup in this thread, as there were several posts that were more of the off-topic type and definitely do not adhere to the "play nice" guideline. Personal attacks will not be allowed.

Please post responsibly and to the topic of the thread. Do not repost anything that the site team deleted.

Thank You

Ducks are just all-terrain chickens
wmtire is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:18 PM   #12

I wonder if perhaps this might be a first timer, either camping or pulling. Like the person before.me perhaps a little compassion.or advise. Also perhaps consider their age. There will always be rude people but sometimes it is inexperience or just not noticing. Just my two cents.

2003 Ford F-250 super duty diesel
Vinemont, AL
Triple SS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2015, 12:22 PM   #13

Unfortunately there is one PA State Park that has no water fill outside of the campground. Locust Lake State Park used to have one over by the dump station. It is well out of the way and does not block anything. I inquired about a spigot out of the way but was told the only one was non functioning & you had to use the ones in the loop. I know to carry water containers so I can walk to the spigot and carry the water to my camp site. This past spring one person did stop in the middle of the loop to fill up. Luckily there were not many people getting in so he had no problem. I can see doing that if you have a small tank.

Last year at Gifford Pinchot SP in PA we arrived to the fill station to find an RV parked there filling up. Everyone waited at 20 min. I think the guy was taking a shower and running his washing machine while filling up. They were going to get a park ranger to get the guy out of there. I thought maybe the water flow was low, but when I pulled up and turned the water on it shot 20' out of the hose. It took me about 2 minutes to fill my 40 gal tank.

Anyhow, it did not block others from getting to their spot but no one could fill up and there was a long line to get water. We just had to be patient.
Old 05-04-2015, 12:37 PM   #14

I carry my water with me....60 gallons in 5er and 50 gallons in the bed of the TV just behind the 50 gallon aux. fuel tank and ahead of the 5th wheel.
Old 06-01-2015, 03:03 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeather1 View Post
Let's see my tank holds 50 gallons of water-so over 400 lbs- so I'm not traveling with a tank of water. If that is where he had to get the water then that's it. Complain to the campground that they need to relocate tap. Or is it just possible that you were in a bad mood?
What??? How about deal with stupidity and learn to park so people can get by. What if the next 3 people wanted to do the same, we should all wait. If we stopped complaining ( to CG owner) and took responsibility for our own actions then this is a non-starter. If someone is too incompetent to pull in close enough to the tap to not block the other lane ( parked in the middle) then YES you should travel with 400 pounds of water...
Nights camped 2015 - 46
Nights camped 2016 - 43
Nights camped 2017 - 2
5 hole is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 03:28 PM   #16

I mostly carry water.
Old 06-01-2015, 04:31 PM   #17

Seriously? As I said if the only place that he could park was "in the way " THEN that's where he had to park to get his water - you need to lighten up! Seriously thinking about just deleting this app - too many grouchy people
Old 06-01-2015, 06:59 PM   #18

Quote:
Seriously? As I said if the only place that he could park was "in the way " THEN that's where he had to park to get his water - you need to lighten up! Seriously thinking about just deleting this app - too many grouchy people
pfeather1:

Threads about "etiquette" and "pet peeves" naturally attract negative posts.

I'm not condoning all the posts here, some folks DO get too "grouchy," but there's "learning" even in grouchy comments. Maybe we'll luck out and one or two folks will see themselves in these posts and clean up their act.

I see you've only been a member for 3 months. If you've really been checking out this forum, you'd know that these two posts are FAR from the norm.

2016 Mini Lite 2503S - tt (2015 - ???)
2011 Traverse LT, 3.6L, FWD
2009 Silverado 1500 Ext Cab, 5.3L, 4x4, 3.73
2016 Silverado 2500HD Dbl Cab, 6.0L 4x4, 4.10
rockfordroo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-01-2015, 07:21 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by pfeather1 View Post

I too like the web version better than the app .
Grab a cold one and have fun .
Cypressloser is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 11:15 AM   #20
Ret E-9 Anchor-clanker

I to have been to a new to me campground where someone was in the middle of the road doing a fresh water fill. I thought it was the only tap in the park. And I will not fill at a dump station. They call it a dump station for a reason..

donanddona is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg