Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-02-2015, 11:28 AM   #21

I guess I learned something new today, I guess we are spoiled here in Texas as the state parks have water on your camping site.
Hornnumb2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:05 PM   #22
Site Team

The site team has done another cleanup here. See post #11 if your post is gone.

A 72 hour hold in a psych unit is beginning to intrigue me as a potential vacation opportunity.
wmtire is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 12:19 PM   #23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Brother Les View Post
patience please. When getting in a hurry, bad things happen. If you go camping very often, people/cars/trucks/camper/Kids...KIDS....KIDS will be in the campground roadway. It does take a little time to fill up water tanks. It takes a little time to pull in/back in/ line up in ones camping spot. It does take a little while to level out and unhook your unit and your truck is sticking out and blocking the road. 'Bad' things happen when these other people hurry and you will one day have something 'bad' happen to you if you hurry. 'You' do not want to hurry and unhook your unit in order to get your truck out of the road way and not take count of all of your group and while you are looking at your 'wife', a child or dog or old lady walks around your truck and you hit them..... Patience Grasshopper.
It may have nothing to do with 'etiquette' and all about safety. To that person and his unit and to you. Can you see that large limb hanging down in front of his unit and he is in the middle of the road and you 'squeeze' around him and your AC unit is half ripped off because of that limb. Life is too short to get upset about the little things.... and this is a little thing.

Blessings
While I appreciate your compassion, this CG sounds like ticking time bomb. Shame on the owners of the CG. Archiecamper's scenario must play out time and time again. A camper pulls up after a looong day of driving. They want nothing more than to check in, settle in, Make camp and fix dinner. The kids are hungry and whining. But they can't even get started because the water utility was so poorly places that it block the entire entrance to the campground?!? Sounds like we need to know the name of this place so that we can avoid it like the plague!!! Just my 2¢...
10K WD Equal-i-zer Hitch
2015 Coachmen Catalina 273BH
LANShark42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:43 PM   #24

I'm confused? He was filling his water tank from a campsite, not his, just to go to his campsite? Did his site not have water?

I am one of those people that would get irritated if I had to wait 20 minutes for someone else just so I could get to my site. If this guy was filling from a campsite spigot he should have pulled in to that site to stay out of everybody's way. The reason I feel this way is because I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and 2 big dogs. After riding in the truck for the last 2+ hours, they are ready to get out and run! Try entertaining two boys for 20 minutes after you probably already told them "we're here!" when you pulled through the gate.
Tonkatoy77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 01:50 PM   #25
Phat Phrog Stunt Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonkatoy77 View Post
I'm confused? He was filling his water tank from a campsite, not his, just to go to his campsite? Did his site not have water?

I am one of those people that would get irritated if I had to wait 20 minutes for someone else just so I could get to my site. If this guy was filling from a campsite spigot he should have pulled in to that site to stay out of everybody's way. The reason I feel this way is because I have a 3 year old and a 2 year old and 2 big dogs. After riding in the truck for the last 2+ hours, they are ready to get out and run! Try entertaining two boys for 20 minutes after you probably already told them "we're here!" when you pulled through the gate.
I'm guessing no sites had water so you had to fill upon going to your site.
Alot of state parks in our area are that way.

TURBS
08 duramax tuned n modded
2011 32bhok Sabre
2015 camping "9 nights"
TURBS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-02-2015, 04:55 PM   #26

There was water at the entrance of the park but it was near the dump station (common for Illinois State Parks) and some may be reluctant to fill there. I guess I can understand that. There is no water at each campsite but is scattered around the park at various locations (also common at Illinois State Parks). I was just hoping that campers that needed to fill up would consult the map and fill up closer to their campsite and not at a location that would block entry to the campground.

Human nature is what it is! I was soon to be camping so it was not the worst thing in the world. I was just thinking about that first beer after a long drive. I guess I could of got out grabbed a beer and ask him if he needed any help!
Old 06-02-2015, 05:32 PM   #27
clr

I also have camped in Illinois camp grounds and the few locations around the park are a real pain. Most if not all locations have no provisions for parking while you fill your tanks so you are sitting on the road. Second problem many are so far off the road that you need a 50 foot hose to fill your tanks. Third problem is that many time some camper has connected a 100 foot hose to the only facet so you have to turn off their water and disconnect their hose just to be able to fill up. Oh and the forth problem many are on dead end roads with no provisions to turn the rig around after you fill up. For sure no camper laid out this system, must have been some over paid state employee from Chicago.
clr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 11:56 AM   #28

North Dakota too, we have water, electricity and even sewer on many sites in our state parks.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hornnumb2 View Post
I guess I learned something new today, I guess we are spoiled here in Texas as the state parks have water on your camping site.
2012 Chevy Silverado 2500HD
Dennis and Julie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-2015, 02:31 PM   #29

have never been parked more than 175 feet from a water spigot. I have enough hose for that.

Every time my hoses were too short I bought another hose.

Perhaps this campground has water spigots farther apart than that.
ATV trailer for the following toys
2008 Yamaha WR250R,2009 Honda CRF150F
2008 Polaris Scrambler 500
PopBeavers is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
mpg